Brown shipping boxes...part of the collectible?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well BBTS, Timewalker (and maybe others) ship the shipper in another shipper. ...so maybe the OP is on to something here...

SS just slap a shipping label on the shipper and ship away. (unless you pay $10 for pack out)

If it is not a big deal then why do people here piss and moan when their 'art box' (used only for protecting the contents) whinge and whine when said art box is damaged in shipping?

well BBTS, Timewalker (and maybe others) ship the shipper in another shipper. ...so maybe the OP is on to something here...

SS just slap a shipping label on the shipper and ship away. (unless you pay $10 for pack out)

If it is not a big deal then why do people here piss and moan when their 'art box' (used only for protecting the contents) whinge and whine when said art box is damaged in shipping?

I am not one who pisses and moans if my art box is damaged as long as my statue is fine and I can repack the statue in it if I need to

because damage to the art box may be indicative of damage to the contents of the same.

I dont display cardboard in my display case

Once the figure its out the box , its used , a cardboard box will not increase its used resale value

I threw away the shippers when I first started collecting, then started keeping them once I had to start storing boxes in a storage locker just for an added degree of protecting. I had a few regrets about the tossed shippers when I saw that stating whether the shipper was included or not was a thing on the Sale/Trade forum and that some folks seem concerned about it but oh well. Like others have said, if you buy from a store you're not getting a shipper so why all the fuss?

Yeah I don't mind a shipper, I use to chuck them also but lately have been keeping them for the same reason.. Extra protection. When I am buying a statue it does not affect my purchase. Just pack it well. I think it is safer to pack the art box in a amazon box surrounded by peanuts to be honest

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I don't ever throw them away they help protect the art box, it's just never a determining factor when i buy a figure, if i buy one that doesn't come with a shipper i buy a large thick bag and make my own cardboard box for it, take 10 minutes with a straight edge , box cutter and clear packing tape

I don't ever throw them away they help protect the art box, it's just never a determining factor when i buy a figure, if i buy one that doesn't come with a shipper i buy a large thick bag and make my own cardboard box for it, take 10 minutes with a straight edge , box cutter and clear packing tape

That dude is a box making king. I love Simon and Martina!

I prefer having them to store the art boxes a bit safer, but it's not a problem when they aren't included.

Sometimes when selling used on eBay I get people that ask if the brown shipper is included.
I always respond yes it is, and it'll arrive with postal labels, electrical tape and black marker all over it to ensure the important box inside gets to them undamaged.

Sometimes when selling used on eBay I get people that ask if the brown shipper is included.
I always respond yes it is, and it'll arrive with postal labels, electrical tape and black marker all over it to ensure the important box inside gets to them undamaged.
Lol yeah just put the art box inside a box and I am good. I shipped a statue to Italy the guy went nuts cusse the shipper had labels and stuff on it. I said what did you want me to do. He said put the shipper in a box. Needless to say we never resolved our issue. The statue arrived safe by the by

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

When I first started collecting Hot Toys figures, either I did not get the shipper box with my purchase or I just tossed them. I did not care about keep them becuse I display the art boxes behind my figures in the Detolfs. However the problem now is that once I started having to double up figures on the Detolf shelves, I now have some art boxes with no shipper box to put them in. I keep all of the extra boxes and shipper boxes in a closet and I really like to have the art boxes in the clear bag inside the shipper box just for some extra protection from being banged around and dust. Wish I saved them from the beginning.

Amazing to me how the hobby has changed. Not sure when the art box became part of the collectible. I always wanted an art box to protect my statue but the condition of the art box (never mind the shipper) was of no concern to me. People know want to protect the art box and keep it pristine. How things have changed

Amazing to me how the hobby has changed. Not sure when the art box became part of the collectible. I always wanted an art box to protect my statue but the condition of the art box (never mind the shipper) was of no concern to me. People know want to protect the art box and keep it pristine. How things have changed

Lolz...It rides around in multiple dirty UPS vehicles for a week for the first delivery

Lolz...It rides around in multiple dirty UPS vehicles for a week for the first delivery

I would never ship and are box by itself, I always put it in am amazon box protected by peanuts all sides. I understand UPS is not the most gentle even with Fragile on it. But people needing to store the art in a shipper or plastic bag to protect it seems like we are getting a little out of control. I want a statue in near mint condition thats what I want, the art box protects the statue so I need that. I dont need a pristine art box or a shipper. Wont complain if there is a shipper either.

I would never ship and are box by itself, I always put it in am amazon box protected by peanuts all sides. I understand UPS is not the most gentle even with Fragile on it. But people needing to store the art in a shipper or plastic bag to protect it seems like we are getting a little out of control. I want a statue in near mint condition thats what I want, the art box protects the statue so I need that. I dont need a pristine art box or a shipper. Wont complain if there is a shipper either.

The box is the box, if the statue isn't broken, then it did it's job

Back