Bring back Tombo glass door for besta display

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lewleary

Freakzoid
Reaction score

Attachments

• JLOpyTKBkPfGynY-1600x900-noPad.jpg
    JLOpyTKBkPfGynY-1600x900-noPad.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 172
apparently they are making a COMEBACK ! haha well they are being sold in germany and there will be a rotation soon, and they should end up in UK

I think those were discontinued a couple years back. I remember complaining on having just single Tombo's. :(

yeah they were man but like i said they are coming back & personally i cant wait because they look so perfect when you add some L.E.D. lighting

it will eventually get to U.S man ! who know when but hey dude for the record they are not named as the tombo anymore, they have anew name !

What are they called now? Should just be glass doors. :lol

btw.....not a dude ;)

i never heard that mate, so yeah hopefully that is not the case ! ikea have had numerous hassle regarding these glass doors & i have heard from insiders who work for ikea that even staff members are asking for them to bring back the tombo !

i never heard that mate, so yeah hopefully that is not the case ! ikea have had numerous hassle regarding these glass doors & i have heard from insiders who work for ikea that even staff members are asking for them to bring back the tombo !

Yeah, I spoke with the guy in my local store, last month.
Absolutely no plans to bring them back to the U.K and he was perplexed as to why they discontinued in the first place.
He's had loads of enquiries since they went and said he knows he could shift many pieces.

At the time they went I was told they didn’t sell very well :huh

Yeah, I spoke with the guy in my local store, last month.
Absolutely no plans to bring them back to the U.K and he was perplexed as to why they discontinued in the first place.
He's had loads of enquiries since they went and said he knows he could shift many pieces.

At the time they went I was told they didn’t sell very well :huh

yeah i am in shock as to why they would discontinue the tombo ! if you combine the besta frame with tombo doors plus a nice led light fitting then you have perfection when it comes to displaying figurines. i have not seen nothing come close to the besta and tombo combo ! oh well there is always the Glassvik door ! DSC00582.jpg

I have Tombo, Vassbo & Glassvik.

I prefer the Glassvik but Tombo are better on lower shelves.
The Glassvik frame also covers any lights which is a bonus.

We used to have a glass company that could make anything you wanted but the owner retired so they're gone now. They replaced the glass in one of my tables when it got broken.

I gave the Vassbo to the wife and removed some doors to accommodate taller pieces. Hence my need for taller doors.
A recent setup with Tombo/Glassvik mix...

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130237&p=8472517&viewfull=1#post8472517

i see your a fan of Predator, i also love that movie ! it is an absolute classical masterpiece. Love your premium dutch schaefer figure, i want him in my cabinet.
I think you should get some glass back on the besta cabs

We used to have a glass company that could make anything you wanted but the owner retired so they're gone now. They replaced the glass in one of my tables when it got broken.

yeah i recently got a quote of a glass makers, they want 600GBP for coverage on 2 besta cabs ! i think it is worth the extra buck for that extra special quality

Back