Bride of Frankenstein PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth Waller said:
I looked at the SSE versions, but the color versions looked better to me (I know, blasphemy). :lol
its kind of funny cause I remember not too long ago I thought I was one of very few on here who really preferred the SSE.

both are awesome IMO. Wish I could afford both.

UniMonsters :rock

I personally like the SSE better myself.... just looks more iconic IMO... like it was taken right off the screen. I really need to find a Dracula SSE.... It's amazing and like an idiot... I never picked it up. :lol

off topic real quick.

Hydrobud :rock
CLUTCH!
nice banner
im_with_palpy4.jpg

bluesparrow said:
Black and white or color Creature would be a real tough decision for me.
I would love a SSE Creature pf because the 12" goes for about as much as what a pf would cost.

Anakin said:
,..the black and white pieces looks so much better,.., like they came from the movie,...

I imagine that's why everybody that buys SSE's likes SSE. I would probably be in that category except for one thing. Jack Pierce, who created the make up for the Monster creations, did so in color. If the actors had all been done up in black white and gray paint, as a purist, I'd go that route. But since I have seen color photographs and Sarah Karloff's home movies, there exists enough accurate material to know the color scheme of every monster for the most part. That's why I can dig color. Besides they came out first and I scooped the color ones up. They are too expensive to buy all variations. So, since I started color I maintained.

Please, no one hate me because of my COLOR:mexwave :stick :stick

That's cool, got any of those pics to post here? I've never seen any, just the films. I'd like some Dr. Callagari PF too, another silent classic, and I think (though really not horror) Metropolis would be cool.

I think if they made Creature I'd have to go color in that case. He looks so much cooler that way. See some characters can go either way for me, like the Creature or Franks MOnster, but some for mee neeeeed to be B&W. Dracula, Nosferatu, Phantom all just are so much cooler B&W to me. I don't know why, it just fits their personalities.

,...i don't care about photographs,..i collect movie characters,...and that's how i remember the wolfman,....in black and white,..
,...i don't collect this line,..but if i did,..it would be sse all the way,.. :chew :chew :chew

Anton Phibes said:
I imagine that's why everybody that buys SSE's likes SSE. I would probably be in that category except for one thing. Jack Pierce, who created the make up for the Monster creations, did so in color. If the actors had all been done up in black white and gray paint, as a purist, I'd go that route. But since I have seen color photographs and Sarah Karloff's home movies, there exists enough accurate material to know the color scheme of every monster for the most part. That's why I can dig color. Besides they came out first and I scooped the color ones up. They are too expensive to buy all variations. So, since I started color I maintained.

Please, no one hate me because of my COLOR:mexwave :stick :stick

I also prefer the coloured ones.
As people aren't black & white, they are just filmed that way ....

I'm wit you Vince. I prefer colour. The topic of conversation is the PF Bride. I reckon there won't be that much difference between the SS and the coloured version. I just hope this time we get her with resplendant copper tones. The 1/6th version neglected that, and was virually a SSE, apart from her ruby lips.

Actually I can't imagine getting the color Bride, I was having a tough time deciding on the Creature. B&W would look best for the Bride when they do her. Not sure I'd order her, though.

Well, I was going through my stuff the other day and it just kind of dawned on me that aside from Sideshow's Bride releases, I really don't have that much Bride stuff in my collection. I have the Aurora, a Yanoman figure, Sideshow 12", Sideshow 8", and an Elsa signature. That's really about it. So, I would really dig a pf and would scoop her up. Bring her on!:monkey5 :chew :chew :chew

Well it's a good thing SS delivers color and B&W, so we all win! Honestly I'd take em' either way, but since I get a choice b&w. Capitolism rules!:chew

Thank you! To those of you who are on my side when it comes to SSE or COLOR.

Its all about respcting the family members wishes!

They do NOT want any of the films colorized!

These people are not in color on screen so how can you people say the figures should be in color?

I have talked to one of the family members countless numbers of times.

I WILL NOT STATE WHO.

They say NONE of these peoples family members ever want these films to be colorized. besides I want to remember these films the way they were!

I only bought The Mummy PF figure set in color because Sideshow did not give us the choice of SSE!

Both color and SSE PF figures seem to sell out, so it appears each rendering has its appeal. Not everyone wants a three-dimensional version of what was on the screen. Some of us want what we imagine the actor to have looked like while standing before the cameras.

Colorizing the films is a different thing altogether, because the cinematography is DONE. What a cinematographer might have done with lights had color film been in use is not the same as what a technician with a computer does to alter the black and white original. A film is not a coloring book.

Peace.

:grouphug

I am with you, Gruff Old Bear,

Monster, why are you equating someone wanting a color collectible mask, figure, t-shirt or whatever with someone wanting to have the films to be colorized? I think you are mistaking what people are saying.

I prefer color figures...........color posters...........color movie masks.

Does this mean I am leading some kind of movement to have the films colorized?

No. I hate colorization and prefer the films in black and white. So, I really don't know what you're talking about?

Furthermore movie posters of the time were color. The monsters themselves were color. Only the films were black and white. So, I am really confused why we keep going back to this point.

This was originally intended to be a thread about the news of upcoming PF's in the Universal Monsters line.

Something that should make everyone happy who collects these things. SSE or Color. The films are black and white and I am not stumping for votes to make them color. I just like color figures and stuff.

As for an SSE Dracula bust or an SSE Mummy 1/4 scale.... give Sideshow some time. I am sure they will not abandon those who buy their items in SSE. They always announce those after they release the color version.

Now back to the point of the thread, what would you like to see in an PF Bride? Or maybe a Creature pose and base wise?
Here is my take:

Last edited:
Gruff Old Bear said:
Both color and SSE PF figures seem to sell out, so it appears each rendering has its appeal. Not everyone wants a three-dimensional version of what was on the screen. Some of us want what we imagine the actor to have looked like while standing before the cameras.

Colorizing the films is a different thing altogether, because the cinematography is DONE. What a cinematographer might have done with lights had color film been in use is not the same as what a technician with a computer does to alter the black and white original. A film is not a coloring book.

Peace.

:grouphug

Well said! :clap

I have zero, zip, zilch, nada, NONE of the old Universal Monster PF figures,
as they just aren't my main focus of collecting, and the movies, although
fine and dandy, just were never ones that really impacted me.

BUT, if Sideshow ever made a 1/4 scale PF of The Creature from the Black Lagoon,
I'd defiitely get at least a color version, and likely a b&w version as well, as it is
just a fantastic creature, and one that I'd love to have on my shelf.
(or in my bed) :monkey5 :google :rotfl

JS :monkey3

Back