Brad Bird's - TOMORROWLAND

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The marketing was terrible for this, IMO - the trailers did NOTHING to make me even a little curious, just left me thinking "What is this supposed to even be?" and not in the way that made me want to find out anything about it.

But, but...the ads say that it was a place where "Anything is possible..." And if there's one thing we know it's that anytime a movie says that anything is possible it TOTALLY delivers on that promise.

angels_in_stardust_ver2.jpg

I really quite enjoyed this myself. Started a little slow but picked up quite nicely. Loved the messages that this movie sent out and the movie itself was pretty solid.

Great ideas undid by poor execution and poor choices here and there, especially at the end. The shoot'em, blow'em **** at the end just killed this film. There was absolutely no need for that. What I did take away from this film though is that I do honestly believe that we eat up and are utterly addicted to the idea of this world blowing up and the human race coming to end for some sick, disturbing reason instead of embracing the possibility of hope and the future having a silver lining. I thought the film, being preachy or not, hit the hammer on the head there. All I could think about while watching Tomorrowland was that when I was growing up I thought the future would indeed be fantastic, just as people like the real Hugo Gernsback or Gerry Anderson for that matter envisioned. Yet, here we are.

And for those that wanted a sequel to Tron: Legacy, you can thank Tomorrowland for the reason you will not be getting one.

Indeed, blame people who weren't interested in seeing some wierd movie about whatever.

It's definitely Tomnorrowland's fault and the fault of everyone who did and didn't go see it. Definitely.

Back