Brad Bird's - TOMORROWLAND

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amidst bad reviews, Damon is not helping.

Damon Lindelof Says Fanboys Will Be Too Cynical To Admit | The Playlist

fanboys of what? The Tomorrowland franchise? :lol

Tomorrowland(2015) - Rotten Tomatoes

What an idiot. Of course he's right in a general sense about the anonymous cynicism of the internet but to say that *that's* the reason that people are going to trash on the otherwise great Tomorrowland? Give me a break. Yeah, GOTG was *so* cynical and mean and that's why fanboys loved it.

This board consists of about 95% evidence supporting his statement.

So if I peek into the AoU thread, a fun popcorn Disney movie, I'll see only 1 out of 10 people stating that they liked it? Or how about Big Hero 6? Just blasted by cynical fanboys who hate feeling good while watching Disney movies?

So if I peek into the AoU thread, a fun popcorn Disney movie, I'll see only 1 out of 10 people stating that they liked it? Or how about Big Hero 6? Just blasted by cynical fanboys who hate feeling good while watching Disney movies?

You will see .7 out of 14 people. Because this is science.

This place has nothing on the likes of Aintitcoolnews or youtube for sheer unrestrained arseholery.

No, but it's the same type. Reasonable people who would consider themselves "fanboys" are aware of the tiresome "meh" attitude that permeates the culture. I don't know why anyone would have a problem with what he says, unless the shoe fits.

No, but it's the same type. Reasonable people who would consider themselves "fanboys" are aware of the tiresome "meh" attitude that permeates the culture. I don't know why anyone would have a problem with what he says, unless the shoe fits.

Except that he's basing his generalization on the notion that "cynical fanboys" are going out, watching feel good Disney movies, truly feeling REALLY good while watching them, and then go post online that they hated so they can sound like an internet badass or whatever. I don't buy it. Big Hero 6 and a ton of Marvel movies prove that wrong.

I don't even know how "Tomorrowland" is supposed to be this big "fanboy" experience anyway. Looks like a Spy Kids type move about a girl who gets to see some cool future stuff.

He's just coming across as an arrogant dope who made a truly awesome heart warming movie but the lukewarm response is because bad people just won't acknowledge that. By his logic we shouldn't have any family friendly monster hits at all. Because, you know, internet cynicism.

Maybe he should stop stealing already iconic stories and being dumbfounded when we don't think they're original or visionary.

A young girl can travel between dimensions and takes a rocket from a lighthouse to a mythical futuristic city. Hmm, sounds familiar.

Prometheus? Look how many elements they stole from Alien.

Into Darkness? "It's not Khan!" It's Wrath of Khan again.

A quick look at Fury Road's reviews show's he's flat out wrong. Only 4 negative out of 250+. People aren't hating, they're tired of the same thing repackaged for 30 years. How many different ways can you tell a comic book story? This is damage control from a man who realizes it's about to get harder for him to find work.

People aren't hating, they're tired of the same thing repackaged for 30 years. How many different ways can you tell a comic book story? This is damage control from a man who realizes it's about to get harder for him to find work.

Truth, brother! Now I jump to my doom. Witness!

I'm posting no hate, but I have absolutely zero interest in this film. Nothing they've shown in the trailers has caught my attention -- except the fact that Disney wants to revamp its aging Tomorrowland like they did with Pirates. This movie also seems to be made for younger children, like 12 and under -- I wouldn't go see the Rock in "Witch Mountain" either.

I'm excited for WB's Pan and has no interest in Tomorrowland.
Oh, what a bitter monster I must be...

I don't know why anyone would have a problem with what he says, unless the shoe fits.
OR unless it's the usual "damage control" because marketing for this one was poor.

I think he's referring to the bad marketing that Disney did for John Carter yet a lot of people (including me) enjoyed it.

Doesn't make sense. If the marketing campaign is as bad as John Carter, he'll enjoy it?

I'm sure alot of people WILL enjoy Tomorrowland. Its probeably fine, safe, nothing challenging, nothing too loud or too vicious.

This board consists of about 95% evidence supporting his statement.

lol, so true......these boards have changed a lot since I joined. Not to say 'bad' but definitely 'different' and some of that seems to be a stronger cynicism. Like life, though, I just tune out the negative element

I think he's referring to the bad marketing that Disney did for John Carter yet a lot of people (including me) enjoyed it.

John Carter- the WORST title ever for such a highly watchable epic......PRINCESS OF MARS scared Disney because it sounds like a little girls movie

I have no desire to see this....just super big meh...

Back