Boxes for our JAWS figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool look for the Brody box.
And I do agree with Mikey, don't use my painted head at all, just your nice shots of the unpainted Trevor heads if any headshots are used, and mostly "real" character shots from the movie and good graphics. These should look like storebought and really nice boxes, promoting a figure of the character, more than anything. As though we found them in a store, or online.
Just my thoughts. But the art is looking better to me.
And yeah, keep some standard for the sides and front layouts, so they look consistant side by side on a shelf, but at the same time, make each one character specific, like you did with that great shot of Brody on the mast on the back. That looks super! Shots of Bruce welcome too! Somewhere!

Anyway, me likes so far!

I LOVE using Trev's naked sculpt on the back along with a quote. Brody's is perfect. What would you use for Quint and Hooper? How about this for the inside box image?

Jaws.jpg

Well here's the thing, the design I'm doing, and probably should have specified that, is a windowless graphic, 4 solid sides.

Since no one's ever going to actual display the figure inside, at least I wouldn't hope, I would think that a solid, 4 sided box would the route to go.

Here's 1 for each character.

BOX4.jpg

BOX5.jpg

BOX6.jpg

A couple thematic things I did.

First, I thought it would be sort of interesting if the background photo on the backs of them all featured each character's personal attempt to take down the shark.

Second, I decided to use quotes for each character that were reflective of the mission at hand and their assessment of the situation. So for those, I used:

Brody - "You're gonna need a bigger boat."

Hooper - "I'm talking about finding a Great White."

Quint - "This shark, swallow you whole. Shakin', tenderizin'. Down you go."

These look amazing, Sean! I like the idea of having the different versions represented on each side! What are you doing for the top and bottom?

They look cool. Fun to see them all lined up like that. Great work!

I like the "take down the shark" idea on the bottom/back. But I noticed in Brody's and Hooper's that each is 'confronting the shark' where you see Bruce (or at least his fin). Is there one with Quint and the shark, more like Brody's and Hooper's? All I can think of is when he's being eaten. But maybe when the shark pops up when he and Hooper are pulling in the rope. I do like seeing Bruce in the frame with the other two, and would love Shaw to have the same sort of balance.

You also have me now trying to think of everyone's most famous line. Not that it should effect the box, just thinking now aloud.

Brody's is obvious. Hooper and Quint, hmmm....

When I think of Hooper, the first line I think of is "This is not a boat accident." Or maybe "All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks, and that's all".

Quint is trickier. I always think "Twenty five, three tons of him". Or maybe "I'll never put on a life jacket again.", though that really doesn't apply to Bruce. Most of the time I think of his songs or odd sayings on the dock. :)

Last edited:
You're right, Quint and Hooper are tricky to nail down a single line, that's why when I was brainstorming, I had the idea to continue from Brody with shark related lines, since they all had a line directly tied to the monumental task at hand for them.

How about this for an alternate Quint image.

BOX7.jpg

I love that shot in the film... but it's more about Bruce than Quint.

I was thinking about this moment, if you framed Hooper out:

jaws5.jpg

Wish this was bigger:

jaws57.jpeg

I like seeing the shark on the box. :)

Brody's is a classic shot, the one you have, but here's an alternate that favors the shark like Hooper's:

jaws2.jpg

Last edited:
To me, Quint's almost passive in the rope scene though, doesn't quite seem right.

As far as seeing Bruce. IF we can do boxes, I'll do box art for Les' Bruce head.

Yeah, I guess I got excited by the idea of having the shark in each of the character 'confrontation' scenes.

The mix-and-match game could go on forever. :)

Well it's fun to play around.

I find as far as selection, I look for an image that pretty well captures the character dealing with the shark and lends well to composition. For Quint, it just seems essential that his image capture him as a hunter.

It'll be fun to do a Bruce box eventually, but at this point, I don't think Les could really even rough out the measurements of him.

I designed the figure boxes based on a simple Sideshow Star Wars box.

First line that comes to mind for me when I think of Quint is " y'all know me , know how I earn a livin' .."
Hooper's is a tricky one , the first one that came to mind today was " Dammit Martin, that's compressed air ! You screw around with these things and they're gonna blow ! "

I love those designs Sean !

Oh, I really like that quote for Quint! And it'd frame up better on the box, I think.

Hooper's a little more difficult, isn't it...

What about "I think he's come back for his noon feeding".

Or "I ain't got no spit."

Or "You got any better suggestions!?"

Or "Mary Ellen Moffit, she broke my heart".

:D

Oh, and Sean, if you ever do the Bruce box, you know what the line has to be for his: "Dun-dun dun-dun dun-dun..."

Last edited:
Oh, and Sean, if you ever do the Bruce box, you know what the line has to be for his: "Dun-dun dun-dun dun-dun..."

Though Bruce doesn't speak, I think it'd be fitting for his box to feature

"That's a twenty footer."
"Twenty-five, three tons of him."​

Funny other quotes for future characters:

Vaughn: "You yell 'shark', and you've got a panic on your hands on the Fourth of July."

Meadows: "What about the beaches, Chief?"

Estuary Victim: "You guys OK ova dere?"

Chrissie: "Oh god... oh GOD!"

Harry: "You don't go in the water at all, do ya?"

Charlie: "Can we go home now?"

Back