Boxes for our JAWS figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's any comfort to you Trev, all the stuff you do for Sideshow is greatly appreciated by this collecting community, you're a great asset to them and knowing you're involved with projects is exciting.

Glad to hear you caught a show Trev. Thought of you bro.

If only I could create a clone version of myself that was willing to sculpt non-stop with Sideshow, I would be able to get to all of these things I'm dying to do. :D He'd probably be against the slave labor though...kill me in my sleep....
Trev

I hear ya brother! :rock

I STILL don't have a set of these! I keep waiting for Sean to make his set for me to choose between. Sean??? Any ideas before I recontact Anthony?

Hey Les, last time we talked I had the impression my graphics were just mess around. I don't have the means to make the boxes themselves, just graphics for it, so I'd say either talk to Anthony about getting what he did or about doing boxes from my art and we can put something together.

OK. But I liked your color scheme more. The blacks and all. Forgot about the box making itself. Anthony is great at that. What if we got blanks made from him??? Any thoughts?

This is a beautiful idea! I'm not sure if I'd get the boxes, as I traditionally toss all my boxes. Yes even the incredible well-done HT boxes. But I'd love to see them done!

I got them, and I have a Detolf, so I'll check and let you know. But the latest on the boxes, per Les, is that Anthony's email no longer works. The economy may have mowed his business down. He's MIA.

Did anybody else get the boxes besides me?

I got them, and I have a Detolf, so I'll check and let you know. But the latest on the boxes, per Les, is that Anthony's email no longer works. The economy may have mowed his business down. He's MIA.

Did anybody else get the boxes besides me?

Damn. No. I sure didn't. Oh well, at least ONE of us got some.
OK, Sean, TIME TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE BOXES, BRO! :naughty

Yeah, now I'm pissed I didn't nab at least one. I has a sad.

pug.jpg

Oh well.

I'd like to reopen this as an ongoing project, between Sean's graphics, and someone who can print these for us. I think kits are a possible here. Make some boxes, and apply graphic art to those. Craft up a set kind of thing.
I do want some for my figures now, so let me know if you are interested, and this can be an ongoing project to tackle. No rush, just fun! :rock

Les, what's your though on box art, the poster art alone would be boring on multiple sides, but where veryone has different gear and bodies and all, I'm not sure we can really get away with using photos of my figures like a Sideshow box might, or are you thinking using film images like a Hot Toys box and maybe a couple raw sculpt photos on the background just to show something about the figure that's the same for everyone?

This is a ways off, but it's a fun thing to play around with and keep my graphi skills sharp.

Man, I would love to do a set sort of as a simple vintage-y window box. As if the set was made in the 70's, you know? I like the mostly white design of the original boxes with the graphics on the back!

I'm glad you're trying to revive this part of the project! I was pissed that I missed out on the original run of boxes.

Man, I would love to do a set sort of as a simple vintage-y window box. As if the set was made in the 70's, you know? I like the mostly white design of the original boxes with the graphics on the back!

I'm glad you're trying to revive this part of the project! I was pissed that I missed out on the original run of boxes.

Do you have any sample images of what you're talking about?

Back