Boxes for our JAWS figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les Walker

Digging my way out!
Reaction score
I know a great box maker, Anthony Durso, of The Toyroom, and he has made several boxes for some of my own custom figures, like my Nicholson Joker, and Keaton Batman, as well as my Reeve Superman, which Pjam has in his possession I believe.

Anyway, I have for some time had Anthony working on boxes for my set of figures (Not that I will ever actually store them inside, but there for show etc) so here is his mockup so far

Jaws_Mock-Up.jpg

I want a few changes, namely the reference to "Sheriff" Brody changed to "Chief" and to perhaps personallize each box to each guy more, so there is a Brody, Quint and Hooper box themed for each. But for now, he has at least worked up what I think is a nice box. It's in the Sideshow plan of a cover flap, with outer graphic and inner text or images, attached to a window box complete with graphics.
We need to decide if we want such text as "All heads sculpted by Trevor Grove" or something, as that may or may not be prudent. But I would like it.
Also, we could always list all of us, as contributors to the figures, as in a way, we all have done so. Just a thought.

Comments welcome. Discuss and let's let Anthony know our thoughts.

Oh, the price should be between $15 and $25 shipped. he is always fair on prices, despite the work in it. I'll get a more accurate tally for anyone interested. I am getting three once he has answered our questions.

Anthony got back with me on some changes, namely the Chief as opposed to sheriff name, in fact, I may push for Martin Brody, Amity Police Chief, or something like that.
Not sure yet.
He also says it's more like $30 each, cheaper if we get the set, so he's gone up since the older days. Can't blame him. This is a lot of work.
Anyway, let me know guys. Feedbacks regarding the layout would be appreciated.

Trev, if it's ok with you, I want your name for sure in a tag on em that says, Headsculpts by Trevor Grove. That would mean a lot to me.

Pjam, WorGar, Paul Carson, you guys chime in. Need your input too. Thanks to you that have. So, it's a go then? I'll keep him on em if so.

Love 'em! I'm in!

I won't store them either, like Mikey, but they're just to cool not to have.

I like your idea to have each box character specific. I'd like e different boxes that read:

MARTIN BRODY
Amity Police Chief

MATT HOOPER
Icthyologist (spelling?)

QUINT
Shark Hunter

Or something like that. With pics of each character on the side there.

Also, maybe, on the front cover make have JAWS poster on the upper portion and the bottom portion could be character specific with a classic picture.

On the back, you don't need JAWS at the top AND the bottom. Maybe at the bottom, put a picture of the Orca at sea with barrels or something, more like the DVD box art.

Suggestions sent!
Thanks Greg. I sent a lot more pics too!

Great idea Les. Thank so much, these figs need boxes and I have purchased other boxes from him, my TV Batman, etc.

Love to see these changes. I like Greg's suggestions too. :D

Last edited:
Just caught this Les, if I can be any help with the artwork for this let me know. I can come up with some ideas just thinking about it, but certainly respect your friend going his own route.

Might be a tad late Sean, but thanks. Note below.

How 'bout some JAWS boxes gang!

Jaws_Mock-Up2a.jpg

Here is what I think will work for me. The layup as ready for making.
He says the pertinent info is in small print at bottom with the Bruce shot, so I am ok with it. Any more comments? or do we order some of these guys!?!?!

Note: Insert is the water pattern with the shark head....

I am ready. Let me know.

Who's for ordering some? At least these Brodys?

I like just Quint. But that's me. Whatever. Be happy to have them soon.
SO, you want me to forward our approval to Anthony soon? I can. Just a few more chime ins, and I will. I will probably just post his email, and you guys can deal directly with him, and have your's sent to you directly.

Just finish oking it. I am fine with it as is. I want to see a Hooper and Quint one now.

I usually just toss the boxes on most figures but it may be pretty cool to have at least one of these. Gotta think about it.

The only reason I thought about adding "Capt." to Quint was that the other two characters had full names/titles on the boxes. Just "Quint" sounded simple next to "Chief of Police Martin Brody" and "Matt Hooper".

I usually just toss the boxes on most figures but it may be pretty cool to have at least one of these. Gotta think about it.

The only reason I thought about adding "Capt." to Quint was that the other two characters had full names/titles on the boxes. Just "Quint" sounded simple next to "Chief of Police Martin Brody" and "Matt Hooper".

If the guys say so, I will push for it.
Just Quint doesn't bother me, but I do think he has a full name. Have no idea what it is though. I should know that. :eek:

Really??? I thought Quint was his last name.

Les, it's no biggie, bro. I just threw it out there.

I don't know really; I can't remember the book. Someone told me that a long time ago. Doesn't make sense in the film though -- I mean his jacket has QUINT on it so it can't be his first name. But maybe, since Robert played him, they decided to drop the coincidental "Shaw" part and just play him as "Quint", tha man with just one name.

I've only seen the movie once long ago and never read the book, does Ahab have a full name in Moby Dick? I know Quint was written by Benchley as a modern Ahab.

Does it really matter? That is why just "Quint" works for me. But however you fellas want it. I am trying to make this a democratic thing here. Vote! Let the posts speak.
As for the finished look, overall, I am fine with the boxes.

Also, do we want a list of our names to go on the boxes? Or keep it just the Sideshow Freaks Jaws Gang, or some such collective name? I am good with either. I just know Trev's name is a standout for the headsculpts.

Back