Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am thinking it's best not to have a Bowen thread at Sideshow Collectors. Clearly many of the posters here are biased and just bash Bowen products even though they don't collect them. I don't understand why some people can't appreciate both Bowen and Sideshow. I guess it has to be one or the other for some collectors. :dunno

I appreciate both Sideshow and Bowen. I also have problems with both. Guess that make me a Neutral!

I don't see the point in bashing any company, even if you don't like their product myself. However, if say this thread or other Bowen ones were removed, then those who do (for no reason) would win. No point in that either.

There is certainly a lot of bashing Sideshows products in their threads as well.

People would probably just avoid posting in threads about products/companies that they do not like unless constructive criticism can be given.

That piece of advise goes for the entire fan base, not just here, but at Statue Marvels , Shadow & Flame, everywhere.

I appreciate both Sideshow and Bowen. I also have problems with both. Guess that make me a Neutral!

I don't see the point in bashing any company, even if you don't like their product myself. However, if say this thread or other Bowen ones were removed, then those who do (for no reason) would win. No point in that either.

There is certainly a lot of bashing Sideshows products in their threads as well.

People would probably just avoid posting in threads about products/companies that they do not like unless constructive criticism can be given.

That piece of advise goes for the entire fan base, not just here, but at Statue Marvels , Shadow & Flame, everywhere.

I find Shadow of the Flames not talking enough :lol

Personally I don't mind any company here. End of the day we are in a collectible world of figures & statues. Without them, there will be no forum of any kind.

Their new Faux Bronze Thor is hella sexy, I like how classy it looks, reminds me of Conan bronze collectibles:

pic from SM:
Bowen-Designs-Faux-Bronze-Thor.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Last edited:
wow someone makes ink a mod and of course some of the half-wits celebrate it by making fun of Al and spread lies about SM? And please Remember Me, we all know who you really are.

This place always not been the nicest place but man it has reached a new low.

why do you some of you just enjoy treating people the way you do. I'm not sure I understand it.

Please remove my account from this place.

Last edited:
RB makes statues for Comic book readers and i think judging from the last few pages a lot of people here don't read many comics. :D

No one else is doing the comic book look as good as Bowen, especially when it comes to classic looks.

I understand people wanting larger sculpts but some people don't, i personally wouldn't have the room for all the characters i love in 1/4 scale.

Also no one else but Bowen is making statues of characters like Super skrull, Terrax, Doctor Strange, Mephisto, Beta Ray Bill, Nova, Adam Warlock, Iron Fist, Moon Knight...the list goes on.

Theres more to Marvel than the Avengers, Spider-man and Wolverine.

Last edited:
Hello all, new to Sideshowcollectors. I started collecting Bowen a few years before I started collection Sideshow. Sideshow puts out a great looking product with a lot of "wow" factor, and so far I'm happy with what I've gotten so far, but the items that I've gotten from Bowen on average I'm more happy with. They're not overly large and have a great statue look to them (meaning no mixed media elements) . I got the Joe Fixit Hulk without question when it when up for pre-order, that was my latest. It's not a character I would see Sideshow doing really, but it has a great calm presence on my shelf because it's completely different from everything else, even my other Bowen stuff. And even Sideshow has to cut costs on the weight of their statues too. Bowen is great, at period Marvel characters, past and present. You make some really good points DGK.

No one else is doing the comic book look as good as Bowen, especially when it comes to classic looks.
Kotobukiya has some nice comic book statues.
Also no one else but Bowen is making statues of characters like Super skrull, Terrax, Doctor Strange, Mephisto, Beta Ray Bill, Nova, Adam Warlock, Iron Fist, Moon Knight...the list goes on.
You have a point there.

RB makes statues for Comic book readers and i think judging from the last few pages a lot of people here don't read many comics. :D

I understand people wanting larger sculpts but some people don't, i personally wouldn't have the room for all the characters i love in 1/4 scale.

Theres more to Marvel than the Avengers, Spider-man and Wolverine.

I think you have one good point about how bowens the only ones making obscure awesome characters... but eventually if a character deserves it SS will make it! After that well what's left... I like 1/4 but I have friends who value space and grouping 1/7's...all up to the person. To say that Bowen collecters are more comic say than SS collecters is just dumb...

Back