Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard a rumor Bowen is near Bankrupt... is it true?

Dude, that's some serious ____ your starting there...:mad: Not cool. Not cool at all. Bowen Designs and their success and longevity are some of the best things to ever happen to this hobby. The guy and his skillz are legendary.

BB

Yeah :( Even SSC. Sad too say they trying to cut down the cost and at the same time the price is getting higher and QC Sucks :mad:

With the breaking of Psylocke PF it wasn't hollow at all. I'm sure they are doing it on a case by case basis depending on what makes sense. Like Skaar. Coming in at 41 lb, probably more like 35 without the packaging is nothing to sneeze at. Polystone seems to be very tough and durable.

So long as you don't drop it, it should be fine. Hollow or not hollow it's going to go splat.

What's up Me? How ya been?

Hey Bezzerkerr, What's up? Nothing much! Long time no talk! Don't worry, I still have the battle damaged Bowen Hulkbuster that I sniped from you (At Ebay)..LOL! Anyway, I think I am done collecting Bowen, because too many repaint, recycled products, etc.,. I am surprised you are speaking out against the S_M Spiderman.

exactly why I got out of bowen. they have a few nice statues once in a while that catches my attention tho.

Hey Bezzerkerr, What's up? Nothing much! Long time no talk! Don't worry, I still have the battle damaged Bowen Hulkbuster that I sniped from you (At Ebay)..LOL! Anyway, I think I am done collecting Bowen, because too many repaint, recycled products, etc.,. I am surprised you are speaking out against the S_M Spiderman.

I always thought it was funny i got sniped by a guy named Remember Me? Fitting name for someone that got the best of you :lol

I'm not done because i still want the Action Deadpool and Mini WAsp Statue and i need Bishop for me X-Men collection and a handful of others.

I must say as someone who's been buying Bowen religously since 2007, the Spiderman EX situation is quite peculiar.

I always thought it was funny i got sniped by a guy named Remember Me? Fitting name for someone that got the best of you :lol

I'm not done because i still want the Action Deadpool and Mini WAsp Statue and i need Bishop for me X-Men collection and a handful of others.

I must say as someone who's been buying Bowen religously since 2007, the Spiderman EX situation is quite peculiar.

It's outrageous...$425 for a repainted Bowen statue! If I am still at that forum, I think I would have been banned for making such a comment. I think Bowen fan would appreciate S_M more if they could have sold the statue cheaper. This will leave a bad taste for Bowen fans. And Al, I don't think Jeff is full of venom, he's just expressing the way he feels about Bowen, which I agree with him.

In 12 years I only bought the Tim Miller Black Cat, Storm (recent) and preorder soon to be release Wasp. Those are the only ones that caught my eyes. I don't see myself buying too much more after that.

It's outrageous...$425 for a repainted Bowen statue! If I am still at that forum, I think I would have been banned for making such a comment. I think Bowen fan would appreciate S_M more if they could have sold the statue cheaper. This will leave a bad taste for Bowen fans. And Al, I don't think Jeff is full of venom, he's just expressing the way he feels about Bowen, which I agree with him.

Please don't get me started on the price and profits.

Jeff (Bowen super-collector) is going against the status quo, which we all know is looked down upon at SM.

SM has to realize that People that truly care at times are going to tell you what you don't want to hear...and that's what me and Jeff are doing yet it's looked at as VENOM...as if we're injecting toxin into the community, the "bad apples". I know Randy understands and appreciates this sentinemt, while he would love 100% positive feedback, he constantly states all opinions are appreciated. If Al, Gene and the Mods cannot see that we care about BD and SM then there's a major problem...and it's not on our end.

Last edited:
I think Bowen fan would appreciate S_M more if they could have sold the statue cheaper. This will leave a bad taste for Bowen fans.

This thing still sold out in less than a minute. There were clearly more than 50 people willing to pay $425 for this. While I think it would have been better to do a larger run at a slightly lower price to allow more fans a chance at this, I cannot disagree with the price point due to the low edition size. A lower price would have encouraged more scalping of this item and I'm sure the eBay prices will already be higher than the original asking price when they start showing up there.

These are the types of repaints that some fans complain about Bowen making, then they complain when they can't get them. Give it a rest and move on if you can't handle the way Bowen does some of their exclusives. I don't see why it's such a big deal.

Back