Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a bummer about her oufit change. Wasn't planning on getting it, but if I was - that would've probably changed my mind.

Definitely getting Annihilus though :yess:

blame Mickey Mouse

They've been stupid about these things long before Disney came calling. Ever since Joe Quesada became editor-in-chief they haven't allowed Wolverine to smoke in a comic. With some characters they just flatly refuse to draw a line between products aimed at all readers and those aimed specifically at adults. So even though very few kids out there are trying to purchase $200 statues, Bowen Designs is being forced to behave as if they are.

They've been stupid about these things long before Disney came calling. Ever since Joe Quesada became editor-in-chief they haven't allowed Wolverine to smoke in a comic. With some characters they just flatly refuse to draw a line between products aimed at all readers and those aimed specifically at adults. So even though very few kids out there are trying to purchase $200 statues, Bowen Designs is being forced to behave as if they are.

I do wonder how SSC Gambit (smoking Cigarette) got approved by Marvel? :dunno

I do wonder how SSC Gambit (smoking Cigarette) got approved by Marvel? :dunno

Yeah, I don't understand their censoring at all. Cigarettes have been a huge issue for years. They can do a Gambit PF with a cigarette in his mouth, but Rogue's butt crack (SS PF) and Goblin Queen's bottom boob cleavage are censored. Top cleavage is fine, but bottom cleavage is bad? haha, kind of funny. I agree with you guys though, the rest of her outfit is quite...nonexistent, why only change one part of it? Bizzare. Well, I still love it. She is very evil, dynamic and the base is awesome.

Imho the pre-orders look very good and I'll most likely buy them all I sincerely hope there will be enough orders for these to be released. Bowen Designs is smelling like roses right about now with all the unique characters, high quality & lower pricing.

Imho the pre-orders look very good and I'll most likely buy them all I sincerely hope there will be enough orders for these to be released. Bowen Designs is smelling like roses right about now with all the unique characters, high quality & lower pricing.

High quality? Lower pricing? Huh?
I thought Bowen's prices were at an all time high?
Also, some of the past releases; Emma, Tigra, Mystique...have all had very poor paint apps on the production pieces.
I have to admit though, there was one piece of Bowen's that has really stood out this year, his Modok. Now that piece is worth its price.

Lowering pricing? The prices are over $230 now? :dunno

Anyone know what is going on with the X-23 they did? Did she ever ship?

Always add about 6-8 months onto Bowen's release dates.

Bowen posts shipping updated on his site:
Updated: October 21, 2011

Shipping in 1-2 weeks
Iron Man Classic Museum statue (billing starts 10/25)
Spider-Woman statue (billing starts 10/27)

Shipping in 2-3 weeks
Iron Spider-Man bust

Arriving in November
Cyclops Modern statue
Cannonball bust
Avalanche bust
Destroyer Museum statue
Red Hulk bust

Items nearing completion
Hulk Retro bust
X-23 statue
Magus Warlock statue
Jocasta statue
Gladiator Original statue

I find it kind of odd that Jocasta is at the same stage in production as X-23, since X-23 was announced months before Jocasta. Jocasta is only one color, so I guess her production would go faster than most.

I can't wait to see in hand pics of Spider-Woman. Her production piece looked beautiful. Hopefully, she didn't get dealt horrible production paint like that last few female releases.

Last edited:

since when is PF prices considered lower? :dunno

I remember the days when Bowen posted sketches of Dracula and Werewolf By Night. Has anyone heard anything about these still being produced? I used to be big into Bowen but all I see is new Caps, Thors, and Wolverines!

I remember the days when Bowen posted sketches of Dracula and Werewolf By Night. Has anyone heard anything about these still being produced? I used to be big into Bowen but all I see is new Caps, Thors, and Wolverines!

:lol nice quote underneath your signature. :lol

From the pages of The Invincible Iron Man & The Uncanny X-Men comes the new statue by Bowen, Sunfire!

Bowen-Designs-Sunfire-Marvel-L.jpg

Randy posted a poll concerning the color scheme of the belt & buckle. If this matters to you, please vote!
https://www.statuemarvels.com/f87/marvel-x-men-bowen-sunfire-painted-sneak-16075.html

Also, check out my New York Comic Con pics! I'm still posting more, so check daily for updates!
https://www.statuemarvels.com/f226/new-york-comic-con-nycc-2011-pics-15893.html

:)

From the pages of The Invincible Iron Man & The Uncanny X-Men comes the new statue by Bowen, Sunfire!

Bowen-Designs-Sunfire-Marvel-L.jpg

Randy posted a poll concerning the color scheme of the belt & buckle. If this matters to you, please vote!
https://www.statuemarvels.com/f87/marvel-x-men-bowen-sunfire-painted-sneak-16075.html

Also, check out my New York Comic Con pics! I'm still posting more, so check daily for updates!
https://www.statuemarvels.com/f226/new-york-comic-con-nycc-2011-pics-15893.html

:)

That's pretty sweet. But the fire looks more like lava.

Back