Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the actual scale of BD statues? Haven't they fluctuated over the years? It doesn't really matter to me though; I happen to appreciate what they do.
That being said; this particular Spidey does look larger. Maybe they've employed an elf, or "little person" as a hand model, to showcase the process.

SNEAK PEEK! Bowen Designs new Storm of X-Men Statue! More info here...
https://www.statuemarvels.com/f87/bowen-designs-storm-x-men-museum-painted-update-14897.html

Bowen-Designs-Storm-Statue-03.jpg

Nicely done Ororo Iqadi T'Challa, née Munroe. I can't be the only one that believes the quality for Bowen has improved. This is far better than the Sideshow punk rocker.

He's saying this new Storm statue looks better than Sideshow's Mohawk Storm from the Women of Marvel line. I'm interested to see how Bowen's version of Mohawk Storm turns out.

Yes Storm, and BD's collaborative effort with Department K has produced yet another winner.:1-1:

I really like Bowen's old Dracula and Werewolf designs. Can't be bothered to search on the bay. Would anyone know off-hand if these pieces are like the rest of BDs- affordable on the after market?

Didn't know Bowen did a Dracula, was that one of his early kits like the werewolf? Or are you guys referring to the awesome Diamond Select one?

Yep, not Bowen - that's the Diamond one. Best Dracula statue done to date IMO.

Hopefully the sneaked Bowen sketch from years ago actually gets done someday though..

DOH!!!
We'll an indirect compliment then to BD, as I assumed it was his product. Didn't think Diamond Select was capable.

Diamond's sculpting quality was all over the map, but some of their pieces turned out really well. The real problem was usually the paint. That Dracula statue is one of the few cases where I felt the paint app lived up to the sculpt.

DOH!!!
We'll an indirect compliment then to BD, as I assumed it was his product. Didn't think Diamond Select was capable.

:lol It happens man! For what it's worth though, that dracula is great. Definitely not the norm for DS full size statues.

Diamond's sculpting quality was all over the map, but some of their pieces turned out really well. The real problem was usually the paint. That Dracula statue is one of the few cases where I felt the paint app lived up to the sculpt.

Without a doubt the best Marvel Dracula made so far

Back