Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, black cat is killing me. I don't usually go for Bowen Spidey characters, but this statue is exceptional. I had a chance to get one for $100 when it first hit, and like a fool I passed on it :lol

Congrats on your score, $140 is a great deal for this one.

I hear ya Reefer. I always said I would pick her up someday and just kept waiting. When I saw the ebay prices going up I thought this was a piece I just wouldn't own. I was overjoyed when he let her go for $140.

I really think this is the best BC statue out there. If this was 1/4 or 1/5 scale it would be untouchable IMHO. It's just so damn sexy. I expect nothing less from Tim. What an amazing talent that man is.

Bowen Designs Goliath Statue - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT concerning very short pre-order availability!
https://www.statuemarvels.com/f87/bowen-designs-goliath-statue-ordering-news-14031.html

Bowen-Designs-Goliath-Statue-XL.jpg

I'm still waiting for a release date on my X-23. Says summer 2011. That can mean anything! It could even mean fall 2012. :lol

So, I have always dug Tim Miller's BD Black Cat. I've been noticing an uptick in the price for this piece on ebay. She's starting to sell between $220-$250 shipped. I really wanted one but was hesitant to pick her up at that price.

My LCS always has a nice stock of BD pieces. I noticed he had Black Cat and asked him how much? He tells me $140 out the door for her. Guess which new BD piece is now gracing my shelves? Well at least my wife won't have to worry about getting me anything for Fathers Day.:lol

My jealousy meter just broke.

I got my first Bowen statue in the mail today.

DSCF1525.jpg

DSCF1526.jpg

DSCF1524.jpg

This is a statue I've always considered buying, but by the time I actually made a point of searching for it it had pretty much sold out everywhere. Then I saw it listed as part of Tales of Wonder's clearance sale on Monday and knew I wouldn't have a better chance. I'm really pleased with how it looks, especially in how it's more dynamic than a lot of the Bowen sculpts. The only thing that bugs me is that Jean doesn't attach to the base very snugly, so I'll always worry about her being bumped or something.

I've got her by Superman right now, but eventually I'm going to buy the X-Force Wolverine statue so she has a X-Men pal to hang out with.

I got my first Bowen statue in the mail today.

DSCF1525.jpg

I've got her by Superman right now, but eventually I'm going to buy the X-Force Wolverine statue so she has a X-Men pal to hang out with.

Great snag on the Jean Grey statue! One of my favorites and one of the less heralded Bowen statues out there for how great it is imho.... Good luck... it's a slippery slope! :D

I can't even pretend I'm going to stop after getting the Wolverine statue. That hammer-spinning Thor statue looks amazing, and if I get that I'll be tempted to get Beta Ray Bill too. And I really like the Maestro statue...

:google

I can't even pretend I'm going to stop after getting the Wolverine statue. That hammer-spinning Thor statue looks amazing, and if I get that I'll be tempted to get Beta Ray Bill too. And I really like the Maestro statue...

:google

Maestro ROCKS! That is a killers sculpt with one of the best bases I've ever seen. When I saw it at my LCS I just had to have it. A very underrated piece. When the LCS owner gave him up for $180.....I just couldn't refuse. Pick this up. You won't regret it.

I would have jumped if I found him for that price. The only shop in the area that has Maestro is selling him for $300. I'll see what pops up on eBay, but for now I think my first priority is still a Wolverine statue to go with Jean. I'm trying to decide if I'd be better off with the X-Force statue or the Classic Action statue.

Anyone have any idea what I could get for a low matching number (I think #18 off of the top of my head) set of the full size Bowen Phoenix/Dark Phoenix if I were to sell them together?

Well I officially have joined the Bowen world. Thanks to Sideshows Flex-pay system I was able to purchase the Old Man Logan statue. It's been 24 hours since I ordered him and I'm still stoked. First piece I've ordered since December (out of all the companies).
Loq

Back