Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bowen Cable Retro statue

I passed. I'm still hoping Randy will make the modern version with the sentinel head. If not, then I will settle for the modern version.

I passed. I'm still hoping Randy will make the modern version with the sentinel head. If not, then I will settle for the modern version.

From these two pics, it looks like the modern one could fit on the exclusive. I might get the modern one just to try it out. If it works it would be totally awesome.

Cable%20Mod%20St3.jpg
Cable%20Retro4.jpg

I can't see how anyone wouldn't love the sentinel base, I think it looks sweet...hope we see something like that from Sideshow in 1/4 scale!

actually makes more sense considering the claw marks all over it. :lol

that question is beyond my knowledge ..... havnt followed Cable for quite awhile.... although I do remember his first app issue being one of my most prized comics back in the day .. :lol

If anybody has an extra one preordered or is having second thoughts about theirs, do let me know...I'd like to pick one up.

i like the retro..i prefer cable to be wearing 1930's hockey equipment.

It needs more pouches and the guns are too small. :lol

Nice statue but I can't stand Cable. Never cared about the character and every time I see him I unfortunately think of Liefeld. :monkey3

The Liefeld outfit would have been ideal for this variant.

Cable was never much of a character, but he represented the 90's anti-hero era pretty well. X-Force #1, X-Men #1 and Spider-Man #1 were epic. You had to be a kid/teen reading comics in that era to understand the nostalgia I'm referring to. Liefeld couldn't draw to save his life...but somehow he became a millionaire drawing crap. Cable in my mind will always be the ridiculousness that Liefeld visually created:

1. Ridiculous shoulder pads
2. Very receding hairline
3. Blow drier guns of inconsistent sizes from panel to panel
4. St. Bernard dog thing hanging on his neck with X symbol

300px-Xforce_1.JPG

If you are going to do Cable then do the real Cable.

that question is beyond my knowledge ..... havnt followed Cable for quite awhile.... although I do remember his first app issue being one of my most prized comics back in the day .. :lol

NM 87 brings back a lot of memories. I actually picked up a really nice graded copy a couple of weeks ago.

NM 87 brings back a lot of memories. I actually picked up a really nice graded copy a couple of weeks ago.

I know everyone hates liefeld, but I had my copy signed by liefeld about 6 months ago at a signing at my lcs

Nice. I remember many years ago when the issue was hot my local LCS was trying to a sell a copy that was in REALLY bad shape for like $120.

That Comic shop closed...

Back