Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But that would just be a big Bowen!:lol

I'm perfectly fine with that. His classic museum Thor and Cap would look amazing in 1/4 scale. His action Thor with spinning hammer, smack down HULK, and museum or action Surfer statues in 1/4 scale would have me salivating at all that goodness.

He got a certain style but he would need to up the details if he was to do 1/4 scale or larger. And the Bowen base not cutting it in this market, now a days.

I don't know. His niche would still be comic accurate sculpts. As for the bases, the ones on his "action" statues were as good as anything Sideshow is doing.

He got a certain style but he would need to up the details if he was to do 1/4 scale or larger. And the Bowen base not cutting it in this market, now a days.

Not IMO. His style is just fine as is and his bases wouldn't be a problem. It's not like SSC is putting out elaborate bases nowadays. Just look at the X-MEN PF bases with their silver bowls. Here are my last few bases from SSC. Lobo on an oval base. White Queen on a circular base, Sabes on a rock with a silver bowl, Doom on a toilet bowl, and modern Thor on a rock. I think Randy will have no problem keeping up with those kind of cutting edge bases.

I don't know. His niche would still be comic accurate sculpts. As for the bases, the ones on his "action" statues were as good as anything Sideshow is doing.

SSC does their bases in a similar way Randy did. Museum type poses almost always get circular type bases and action styled poses usually have something a little more (usually a rock). How many peeps have we seen on the forum slam SSC for plain bases? :lol XM is the only statue producing company that I will say has elaborate and detailed bases.

Well, SSC is not the best when it comes to bases. They're the top dog because their competitor is limited to off shores. Imagine if XM and others were to also sell in the US, man oh man.

Well, SSC is not the best when it comes to bases. They're the top dog because their competitor is limited to off shores. Imagine if XM and others were to also sell in the US, man oh man.
XM is an anomaly. Most major companies (SSC, Bowen, Diamond Select, DCC, and Koto) don't do elaborate bases. Not to mention, XM is more expensive and a byotch to order. So long as that's the case, all the companies I mentioned are going to continue producing statues and bases the same way.

I like XM and their pieces. That doesn't mean SSC (and the other companies I mentioned) puts out garbage. It also doesn't mean XM can do no wrong. All companies have hits and misses. SSC has put out a lot of good PFs of late and I think if Randy hooked up with SSC to produce some 1/4 scale pieces, they would turn out fantastic.

I'm perfectly fine with that. His classic museum Thor and Cap would look amazing in 1/4 scale. His action Thor with spinning hammer, smack down HULK, and museum or action Surfer statues in 1/4 scale would have me salivating at all that goodness.

Gimme Gimme GIMME!

Ink Ink Ink! Context! 😀 Obviously, I meant on their bases. Out of everything I have on order, only Captain Marvel has a nice base. Dark Phoenix is okay, but it could be so much more.

Ink Ink Ink! Context! �� Obviously, I meant on their bases. Out of everything I have on order, only Captain Marvel has a nice base. Dark Phoenix is okay, but it could be so much more.

I hear you on the Dark Phoenix base. A big flaming bird like the XM Phoenix would have looked incredible. However, that's not happening. On the other side, IMO XM didn't even come close to the portraits that SSC gave us with Dark Phoenix. Both the sideshow portraits look fantastic.

SSC does their bases in a similar way Randy did. Museum type poses almost always get circular type bases and action styled poses usually have something a little more (usually a rock). How many peeps have we seen on the forum slam SSC for plain bases? :lol XM is the only statue producing company that I will say has elaborate and detailed bases.

iron studios has some amazing bases, the Spiderman one is actually being knocked for being to overpowering, I think its amazing

I personally dont care if Bowen does some big statues fancy base or not I will be a customer. I have over Bowens and my collection for them is still growing. I WOULD love to see some DC bowen sculpts which he could do if he was with SS

Love how you guys think!

...SSC needs to get on it and get Randy to sculpt for them ...like right now. I need me a 1/4 scale Classic Cap! ...And a few more X-Men PF's!

Would love a 1/4 scale Bowen Surfer, was never a fan of the Sideshow Surfer pose.

2404_press01-001.jpg

Love how you guys think!

...SSC needs to get on it and get Randy to sculpt for them ...like right now. I need me a 1/4 scale Classic Cap! ...And a few more X-Men PF's!

I LOVE the way you think. I'll take a classic 1/4 Cap and HULK. I'd also love some Byrne 1/4 X-MEN (Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, and a green Phoenix to be exact).

There you go! Exactly right, filip!

That would just be awesome if that ever happens. We are on the same brain wave. Hopefully SSC is too......

Back