Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mysterio has always been one of my favorite Spidey villains because as a kid I had an episode of the 60s series that he was in and watch it a million times.

Honestly people are to hung up on 1:4, it's a nice scale but I find very few characters justify the scale. 1:6 is a very nice scale that allows more pieces to be displayed, lower price and just as much detail.

Mysterio is my second favorite Spider-Man villain and I do happen to own the Bowen statue as well. It is really amazing and the best one out there of the character in my opinion.

I also have to agree with you on 1:4 scale statues. They're just too darn big for me personally. I wouldn't have space for all of the characters I'd want in statue form anyway if I got them all in that scale. As you mentioned, 1:7 to 1:5 scale statues are much easier to display and feature all of your favorite characters out on display all at the same time.

Agreed and very good points. I own a mixture of both labels.. There are some pieces in the Bowen collection that are truly phenomenal statues 1/6 or not. He's been in this game longer then anyone else and as far as I'm concerned he invented it. I would jump up and down with excitement the day Randy gets a crack at the 1/4 scale license because my belief is that he would give SS a run for the top. Can you imagine the Kucharek brothers and Randy mass producing 1/4 scales? It would be sick..... Super size the hulk buster, ultimate cap, crouching venom, silver surfer chrome museum, thanos orig with infinity gauntlet!!! The list could go and many collectors on this site that currently smirk at the thought of Bowen would be banging down his front door. Fact no question

I will ALMOST completely agree with you. The day that BD starts doing .25 scale will be very interesting indeed. I'd have to see it to believe it but I'll still pick-up the ones I do like.

I will ALMOST completely agree with you. The day that BD starts doing .25 scale will be very interesting indeed. I'd have to see it to believe it but I'll still pick-up the ones I do like.

So here's to add to that point. Lets pretend we got an announcement tonight.... He retails at 329.99!! Seems like a fair price to slightly offset the competition... How many people in this thread would press the pre order button hard if Randy had sculpted the ultimate cap in a matching 1/4 scale and he looked something like this? You already know my answer.. :yess:

9557354773_a6391f9248_b.jpg
[/url]image by -Tavegg-[/IMG]

9557354855_af9e1a57fb_b.jpg

Agreed and very good points. I own a mixture of both labels.. There are some pieces in the Bowen collection that are truly phenomenal statues 1/6 or not. He's been in this game longer then anyone else and as far as I'm concerned he invented it. I would jump up and down with excitement the day Randy gets a crack at the 1/4 scale license because my belief is that he would give SS a run for the top. Can you imagine the Kucharek brothers and Randy mass producing 1/4 scales? It would be sick..... Super size the hulk buster, ultimate cap, crouching venom, silver surfer chrome museum, thanos orig with infinity gauntlet!!! The list could go and many collectors on this site that currently smirk at the thought of Bowen would be banging down his front door. Fact no question

I agree about the Kuchareks !

So here's to add to that point. Lets pretend we got an announcement tonight.... He retails at 329.99!! Seems like a fair price to slightly offset the competition... How many people in this thread would press the pre order button hard if Randy had sculpted the ultimate cap in a matching 1/4 scale and he looked something like this? You already know my answer.. :yess:

9557354773_a6391f9248_b.jpg

9557354855_af9e1a57fb_b.jpg

I hadn't even seen a Bowen in so long I nearly forgot what they look like next to a 1/4 scale piece. The only Bowen I'm still debating on buying is the Spider-man 2099, and the only reason I'm debating it is because there's so many PO's to be had that I'm thinking the money can go elsewhere.

Bowen will never go into 1/4 scale

I'd have to agree. Bowen still sells out most of their items with decent ed #'s in short order.
To start producing a larger scale would mean he would have to alter his business plan that has been working seemingly well so far.
If it's not broke....

Bowen will never go into 1/4 scale

I know and its a bummer. I think Bowen could bring some much needed competition into the 1/4 scale department and in the end we the consumers win. Would keep the market competitive more than likely driving prices down and best of all more options.

I know and its a bummer. I think Bowen could bring some much needed competition into the 1/4 scale department and in the end we the consumers win. Would keep the market competitive more than likely driving prices down and best of all more options.

It doesn't matter how many companies produce 1:4 statues. Prices wil not go down rather it will go up.

It doesn't matter how many companies produce 1:4 statues. Prices wil not go down rather it will go up.

That isn't how the market would work though of multiple companies had the same rights to produce 1/4. Remember when ONLY SONY had the rights to make Blu Ray players. The damn things were almost $1000. The moment more competition came in the prices dropped. More producers would mean more choice and more demand for the prices to come down. Now that isn't going to happen, but that is what WOULD happen.

That isn't how the market would work though of multiple companies had the same rights to produce 1/4. Remember when ONLY SONY had the rights to make Blu Ray players. The damn things were almost $1000. The moment more competition came in the prices dropped. More producers would mean more choice and more demand for the prices to come down. Now that isn't going to happen, but that is what WOULD happen.

2 completely different things here. You are comparing apples to oranges. Electronics always goes down in prices when technology gets better and cheaper to make. Statues don't. It may be cheaper for them to make but not the prices. These are not mass produced items. They are limited. Therefore prices will most likely go up then down.

I hadn't even seen a Bowen in so long I nearly forgot what they look like next to a 1/4 scale piece. The only Bowen I'm still debating on buying is the Spider-man 2099, and the only reason I'm debating it is because there's so many PO's to be had that I'm thinking the money can go elsewhere.

I know exactly what you mean. SS has truly come up with an incredible line up for the unforeseen future. Especially in the marvel selection... So many epic sculpts coming. You really have to budget and temper the enthusiasm to keep up

Steel toe boots...awesome

I know.... Most weren't digging this piece but I think its looks awesome. Well see when it arrives. Hopefully it looks like these photos and ill be happy

wolverine3.jpg

1/3 scale wolverine by hollywood collectibles. $500

Sorry but I disagree with you

Ummm ok.:slap Can u compare another 1:3 statue from SSC......

...wait.....

They never made one so how on earth can you compare the prices. :thwak

The closes you can compare is maybe the 1:4 version of Gladiator Hulk to this? But we are talking about detail here. The HCG Wolverine has none of that compared to SSC!

So nice try :cuckoo:

Ummm ok.:slap Can u compare another 1:3 statue from SSC......

...wait.....

They never made one so how on earth can you compare the prices. :thwak

The closes you can compare is maybe the 1:4 version of Gladiator Hulk to this? But we are talking about detail here. The HCG Wolverine has none of that compared to SSC!

So nice try :cuckoo:

Your missing the point. There doesn't have to be an exact statue used in comparison. It's a new company with a scale larger then SS's PF that is priced significantly lower then SS and/or any other label would have sold this piece had they manufactured it. The idea I was insinuating is that competition in the market place would drive down price. Your rebutltal was
Your logic makes no sense. Spidey976 was spot on with his analogy using the blueray player as an example because of the context in which it was used, Sony had a Monoply on the market at that time much like sideshow does now. Sony could get away charging 1k for a blueray player that now you can find at most electronic stores for 100 by several manufactures. Simple economics is supply vs demand. Less supply and high demand drives price up. High supply equates to less demand which drives price down. If consumers had more than SS as a option with equal quality in the 1/4 scale department then the Monoply would cease to exist driving price down. I know I don't have any witty smiles or characters in my response but I'm sure you'll still be able follow along

2 completely different things here. You are comparing apples to oranges. Electronics always goes down in prices when technology gets better and cheaper to make. Statues don't. It may be cheaper for them to make but not the prices. These are not mass produced items. They are limited. Therefore prices will most likely go up then down.

Prices in electronics drop in time because of many factors, not JUST because things get cheaper to make. The BIGGEST one is when OTHER companies begin to produce the same or a similar product and UNDERCUT the original developer. Then the original developer has a choice to make: keep prices high and keep their brand more high brow, or drop them to compete. The PS4 is $100 less then the new XBOX, and it is even cheaper then the PS3 was on release Sony isn't doing that because it is so much cheaper to produce. They are doing it to undercut XBOX and take a bigger share of the market.

Your missing the point. There doesn't have to be an exact statue used in comparison. It's a new company with a scale larger then SS's PF that is priced significantly lower then SS and/or any other label would have sold this piece had they manufactured it. The idea I was insinuating is that competition in the market place would drive down price. Your rebutltal was Your logic makes no sense. Spidey976 was spot on with his analogy using the blueray player as an example because of the context in which it was used, Sony had a Monoply on the market at that time much like sideshow does now. Sony could get away charging 1k for a blueray player that now you can find at most electronic stores for 100 by several manufactures. Simple economics is supply vs demand. Less supply and high demand drives price up. High supply equates to less demand which drives price down. If consumers had more than SS as a option with equal quality in the 1/4 scale department then the Monoply would cease to exist driving price down. I know I don't have any witty smiles or characters in my response but I'm sure you'll still be able follow along

:goodpost::exactly: The only way the prices wouldn't drop would be if the other companies got together with SSC and colluded in order to keep the prices higher. Similar to the price of gas. Honestly, you are spot on with this though m8.

Back