Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That new Spidey looks great. I came so close to buying that but because over here he is only£30 less than a PF, I just cant justify it unfortuantly :(

I AM GROOT! I am Groot...I am Groot.

I am Groot.

20130808210557-4a54a95f.jpg

20130808210600-29ec6dc2.jpg

20130808210607-3308e8b7.jpg

20130808210609-2fbcdcca.jpg

20130808210613-205896d9.jpg

20130808210617-1ca09fdb.jpg

20130808210619-9d354d91.jpg

20130808210553-4b5f3b94.jpg

don't know who he is, but he looks awesome

Only thing i don't like about the new thor action statue is the hammer. I think he should be striking the ground with the head of the hammer, not the handle. My only complaint, otherwise a very nice looking piece.

It makes sense if you read the early Thor comics. That's how he transformed into Thor.

By the Power Cosmic! What is my mission as a former man in the service of a tyrant?

upgt.jpg

Silver Surfer Action Statue 552/3500 - Bowen Designs

Great statue!!! I got this from a fellow boardie and I love it. He'll go great with the upcoming Galactus. It's my first Bowen piece and I'm very happy with it, it really looks like it popped out off the comic/cartoon and the paint is very well done, gives a nice metallic effect.
Overall a simple statue but very well executed.

kixp.jpg

pu77.jpg

ryo3.jpg

prx0.jpg

iysy.jpg

It makes sense if you read the early Thor comics. That's how he transformed into Thor.

Ahhh got it. Thanks. Late 90s to today comic reader... Younger guy. Not as familiar with a lot of the original stories

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Ahhh got it. Thanks. Late 90s to today comic reader... Younger guy. Not as familiar with a lot of the original stories

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I started reading comics in 2005 when i moved to the US. But I like to know the origins.

I agree. Just recently got the action silver surfer from Bowen and love it!! It was my first bowen statue and makes me want to get more.

My first Bowen as well, though I have Dracula upcoming.

Nice score on the silver surfer Drakul. I've never seen it before but it looks great.

It's really a great statue, can't wait to put it at the feet of Galactus! :lecture

By the Power Cosmic! What is my mission as a former man in the service of a tyrant?

upgt.jpg

Silver Surfer Action Statue 552/3500 - Bowen Designs

Great statue!!! I got this from a fellow boardie and I love it. He'll go great with the upcoming Galactus. It's my first Bowen piece and I'm very happy with it, it really looks like it popped out off the comic/cartoon and the paint is very well done, gives a nice metallic effect.
Overall a simple statue but very well executed.

kixp.jpg

pu77.jpg

ryo3.jpg

prx0.jpg

iysy.jpg

Fantastic pics! I've always felt that Randy has the ABSOLUTE BEST take on the Silver Surfer. No one comes close to sculpting the character as well as he does. I have all of his Surfer statues and I'm really not that big of a Surfer fan. I just couldn't resist them because the looks so good. Powerful, classy, and elegant. Randy just does such a great job capturing all of these traits in his Surfer sculpts.

It's my first Bowen piece and I'm very happy with it, it really looks like it popped out off the comic/cartoon

Congrats Drakul. This is a really nice piece.

I'm currently putting mapping out and almost ready to build my Bowen display, something i've been wanting to do for 5 plus years. The room size is right and the time is now.

I like that you said, "it really looks like it popped out off the comic/cartoon" This statement is why i collect Bowen Designs. The characters are portrayed exactly as i want to see them...as seen in the comics and cartoon.

Congrats again, now it's time to get him a companion piece...or two.

Fantastic pics! I've always felt that Randy has the ABSOLUTE BEST take on the Silver Surfer. No one comes close to sculpting the character as well as he does. I have all of his Surfer statues and I'm really not that big of a Surfer fan. I just couldn't resist them because the looks so good. Powerful, classy, and elegant. Randy just does such a great job capturing all of these traits in his Surfer sculpts.

Yeah, I love the way Bowen does him too...I am not a fan of the SS Silver Surfer(the pose looks off to me).I own the museum Surfer and it is one of my favorite Bowen statues ever.

492f1bdb-a88f-4212-af78-d3b7af863a1f_zps6bd076ef.jpg

Yeah, I love the way Bowen does him too...I am not a fan of the SS Silver Surfer(the pose looks off to me).I own the museum Surfer and it is one of my favorite Bowen statues ever.

492f1bdb-a88f-4212-af78-d3b7af863a1f_zps6bd076ef.jpg

Yeah, the chrome museum is a masterpiece. I have the Surfer Com but I like all of Randy's Surfers more. My BD chrome museum Surfer will never leave my collection. It's an AP signed by Randy and Stan Lee. I could never bring myself to part with it.

I'm currently putting mapping out and almost ready to build my Bowen display, something i've been wanting to do for 5 plus years. The room size is right and the time is now.

I like that you said, "it really looks like it popped out off the comic/cartoon" This statement is why i collect Bowen Designs. The characters are portrayed exactly as i want to see them...as seen in the comics and cartoon.

If Bowen had a 1/4 license there would be a lot of naysayers who would change their tune. Bowen pieces are beautiful for what they are. Take the new modern Spiderman... It is an amazing museum pose Spiderman. If it was 19 inches tall people would be knocking down the door to get it. I am sorely tempted, but it would just look out of place for me. However, these pieces are beautiful.

If Bowen had a 1/4 license there would be a lot of naysayers who would change their tune. Bowen pieces are beautiful for what they are. Take the new modern Spiderman... It is an amazing museum pose Spiderman. If it was 19 inches tall people would be knocking down the door to get it. I am sorely tempted, but it would just look out of place for me. However, these pieces are beautiful.

Agreed and very good points. I own a mixture of both labels.. There are some pieces in the Bowen collection that are truly phenomenal statues 1/6 or not. He's been in this game longer then anyone else and as far as I'm concerned he invented it. I would jump up and down with excitement the day Randy gets a crack at the 1/4 scale license because my belief is that he would give SS a run for the top. Can you imagine the Kucharek brothers and Randy mass producing 1/4 scales? It would be sick..... Super size the hulk buster, ultimate cap, crouching venom, silver surfer chrome museum, thanos orig with infinity gauntlet!!! The list could go and many collectors on this site that currently smirk at the thought of Bowen would be banging down his front door. Fact no question

Thanks! Totally agree, he's very powerful and elegant, on a mission.

Does the Galactus maquette count? :lol
The one issue I have with some Bowen pieces is that they are too static or looks too digitally sculpted and I'm not the biggest fan of museum I'm-just-standing-here poses.

The great advantage that Bowen has is that their roster of characters is much more full. I'd like to get their Mephisto and Mysterio.
Mysterio has always been one of my favorite Spidey villains because as a kid I had an episode of the 60s series that he was in and watch it a million times.

Honestly people are to hung up on 1:4, it's a nice scale but I find very few characters justify the scale. 1:6 is a very nice scale that allows more pieces to be displayed, lower price and just as much detail.

Back