Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bowen Cable Retro statue

Something from the 90's is now considered retro?? :google

Is this another way of asking... "am I old? Am I really old? Ohhh shi-- I am old! :( "
Hehe justkiddin.

There are Bowen "completists" out there that strive to collect each and every variant of every piece. Once there was a Sasquatch bust that had some variant cube shaped bases randomly thrown in the mix. So of course vendors opened their goods to check for cubes and voila, vendors flipped them for about 500 bucks, for a bust that should cost no more than 35. Bowen has great Marvel goods but makes decisions that really screws his biggest fans on a regular basis. Overpriced variants. Re-releases of rare stuff in Faux Bronze form so they can dump the secondary markets value and pocket that for themselves. Collector club that you not only have to pay to be a part of, but the CC exclusives often cost WAAAAYYYY more, just for a cheesy repaint. This is why I stopped buying Bowen altogether.

And don't even go on Statueforums and complain about **** factory QC like overspray and paint flaws. You'll be hated out of the community, edited out by mods who dickride Bowen even though he is no longer even a forum supporter. You can violently criticize paying supporters like Sideshow ALL day. But thou shalt not say anything that doesn't resemble utmost praise when talking about Bowen. That's pretty much why I don't even bother with the site anymore. You couldn't even complain about the multiple times Bowen got hacked, all the threads were locked and or deleted. What haxors???

:FREAK: FTW~!

Is this another way of asking... "am I old? Am I really old? Ohhh shi-- I am old! :( "
Hehe justkiddin.

There are Bowen "completists" out there that strive to collect each and every variant of every piece. Once there was a Sasquatch bust that had some variant cube shaped bases randomly thrown in the mix. So of course vendors opened their goods to check for cubes and voila, vendors flipped them for about 500 bucks, for a bust that should cost no more than 35. Bowen has great Marvel goods but makes decisions that really screws his biggest fans on a regular basis. Overpriced variants. Re-releases of rare stuff in Faux Bronze form so they can dump the secondary markets value and pocket that for themselves. Collector club that you not only have to pay to be a part of, but the CC exclusives often cost WAAAAYYYY more, just for a cheesy repaint. This is why I stopped buying Bowen altogether.

And don't even go on Statueforums and complain about **** factory QC like overspray and paint flaws. You'll be hated out of the community, edited out by mods who dickride Bowen even though he is no longer even a forum supporter. You can violently criticize paying supporters like Sideshow ALL day. But thou shalt not say anything that doesn't resemble utmost praise when talking about Bowen. That's pretty much why I don't even bother with the site anymore. You couldn't even complain about the multiple times Bowen got hacked, all the threads were locked and or deleted. What haxors???

Logical post here!

He was ripped a new one in the Spidey PF to comiquette conversion thread. Haven't seen him since then.

What's perhaps most puzzling is his apparent lack of personal insight into why he's generally perceived as an exasperating-type presence in various online fan forums. He prefers instead to dismiss everything which doesn't reflect his rigid view of things, even if it risks inviting further ridicule and isolation. It appears to be a remarkable challenge to see beyond his fanaticism, let alone recognize it. It's quite incredible, if not unnerving, when you actually take a moment to think about it.

I never got the sense that he was a bad guy or unintelligent. He's obsessive. It's as if he experienced any and all attacks upon Bowen as flagrant attacks upon himself. It's quite sad, really.

What's perhaps most puzzling is his apparent lack of personal insight into why he's generally perceived as an exasperating-type presence in various online fan forums. He prefers instead to dismiss everything which doesn't reflect his rigid view of things, even if it risks inviting further ridicule and isolation. It appears to be a remarkable challenge to see beyond his fanaticism, let alone recognize it. It's quite incredible, if not unnerving, when you actually take a moment to think about it.

I never got the sense that he was a bad guy or unintelligent. He's obsessive. It's as if he experienced any and all attacks upon Bowen as flagrant attacks upon himself. It's quite sad, really.

:lecture Indubitably. Extremists often incite extremism in the opposite direction.

You must be thinking of SF. :lol

How did you guess...:dunno

Pointless to have that many threads for one statue when one or the second one would have done alright, but I guess some just feel their statues are more important than others...:nono

How did you guess...:dunno

Pointless to have that many threads for one statue when one or the second one would have done alright, but I guess some just feel their statues are more important than others...:nono

Averone just happened. A new thread has been made. :lol

Hehe justkiddin.

The statue forum sucks. LOL Bunch of pussies, I tell ya.

I'm a big Bowen fan but contrary to what some of the d-bags on this forum think, I don't buy everything BD releases nor am I bowled over by every release. I wouldn't pay $5 for a Cable statue no matter who produces it. I'm only interested in half of the stuff BD has produced within the last year or two. But with what I've purchased lately from them, I've been very happy with it. The paint ops have been fantastic. I'm surprised to hear about the Cable problems. That sucks. I hope it's rectified.

BB

The statue forum sucks. LOL Bunch of pussies, I tell ya.

I'm a big Bowen fan but contrary to what some of the d-bags on this forum think, I don't buy everything BD releases nor am I bowled over by every release. I wouldn't pay $5 for a Cable statue no matter who produces it. I'm only interested in half of the stuff BD has produced within the last year or two. But with what I've purchased lately from them, I've been very happy with it. The paint ops have been fantastic. I'm surprised to hear about the Cable problems. That sucks. I hope it's rectified.

BB

It kinda seems like you are. :rotfl

And we know you are a big fan of Bowen. :clap

Sideshow Freaks > Statueforum

Hehe justkiddin.

That's one of the big reasons I moved away from that forum. I thought the idea was to be able to express an opinion. I never made a comment that was stated as fact, only my opinion. Then to have people jump up and down all over you. Sorry...didn't know that the a statue company couldn't make a mistake.

Back