Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bowen Cable Retro statue

I don't see the appeal to the retro, I would however like to have the retro base to display the modern cable.

Ridiculous. Bowen fans will pay anything to get those sub standard statues.

In all fairness, it would appear that these statues aren't considered substandard by all fans. To each their own. While I passed on this piece, here's hoping the QC is top notch. From what I hear, the BD warehouse in Oregon pulled aside all 250 pieces and opened each one to inspect the QC.

Last edited:

It would appear that these statues aren't considered substandard by all fans. To each their own. While I passed on this piece, here's hoping the QC is top notch. From what I hear, the BD warehouse in Oregon pulled aside all 250 pieces and opened each one to inspect the QC.

That could really go either way. They could we insuring that they are all okay, or they are anticipating a problem. I'd be a little anxious right now if I had this on order.

have, or should i say no interest of knowledge of this character and such never even looked at this thread till now and i have to say this is one great looking statue. like i always say the base (for me at least) makes for 1/2 the statues appeal and this base is the bomb.

now the price of course is just plain stupid imo. :cuckoo:

While I passed on this piece, here's hoping the QC is top notch. From what I hear, the BD warehouse in Oregon pulled aside all 250 pieces and opened each one to inspect the QC.

From Bowen:

"We're in the process of opening all 250 of these, and hand correcting anything that might be perceived as looking “off”. "

"If you are not happy with your purchase, please contact us so we may assist you in returning it for a full refund."

It's not worth $800 to me either, but obviously it was to someone since they've actually been selling. That's just the way it goes in this silly hobby. I've seen $89 Hot Toys figures go for more than that. :huh

Personally I think the statue looks great, but I wouldn't pay more than $300 for it. But then again, I am a "bowen fan", so my opinion may be worthless here :lol

It's not worth $800 to me either, but obviously it was to someone since they've actually been selling. That's just the way it goes in this silly hobby. I've seen $89 Hot Toys figures go for more than that. :huh

Personally I think the statue looks great, but I wouldn't pay more than $300 for it. But then again, I am a "bowen fan", so my opinion may be worthless here :lol

You said it not me. :lol

Also seen Pred Boxes go for $125+. Crazy

I don't think Bowen fans are unwelcome. More than anything else, it's the overzealous Bowen fanatic type who tends to get on people's nerves. All this to say that even Sideshow releases the occasional dud. It's not the end of the world.

I still buy the odd Bowen statue and bust. While I've clearly chosen to spend more of my hobby dollars elsewhere, BD still has some gas in the tank.

I don't think Bowen fans are unwelcome. More than anything else, it's the overzealous Bowen fanatic type who tends to get on people's nerves. All this to say that even Sideshow releases the occasional dud. It's not the end of the world.

I still buy the odd Bowen statue and bust. While I've clearly chosen to spend more of my hobby dollars elsewhere, BD still has some gas in the tank.

I'll keep putting sugar in their tank. :rotfl

Oh I know this bud, and agree with you - I was just talking sht. :lol

I've been around the collecting block a very long time, and am actually just as much a Sideshow fan as I am anything else. In fact, I probably have more SSC product than any other brand. I just happen to really like Bowens more classic take on the Marvel stuff, and like way they look on display together.

Unlike some folks around here, I actually have the capacity to enjoy more than one style of art. Imagine that! :cuckoo: :lol

Back