Bowen statues are they at rock bottom prices?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the vault must be really annoying for sellers you have a piece going for around 250 on the Bay and the vault puts it up for 200 then on sale for 180.00. My question when does the vault run out? its been going for a while

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Im not going to try and burst Rockys bubble as I have bought from her site multie times but I will point out that there is an Ebay discrepy or misunderstanding that runs rampant among collectors that needs to be cleared.

Rocky Vault is a retailer who is trying to make a profit on everything. Ebay members range anywhere from a LCS or user who inflates their prices with the age old addage "A fool is born everyday" to a seller who is trying to make Profit to a fire sale seller and... finally... a buyer who does a .99 cent auction and gets what they get.

Most Rockys Vault prices are inflated at retail as opposed to what you can really get on auction from an Ebay seller... you just have to be patient.

Just because someone puts up a Thanos statue on Ebay and makes it an inflated BIN offer... that doesnt in any way shape or form validate the actual price.

There are exceptions but Rockys vault is rarely ever less than a undamaged but displayed Ebay auction that goes a week and starts at .99 cents.
I am a
Having said that Rockys Vault is as food as it gets as far as a seller of their own goods in a world where Amazon and Ebay sellers are people selling their old statues BIN for the sole reason of making a personal profit.

Im not going to try and burst Rockys bubble as I have bought from her site multie times but I will point out that there is an Ebay discrepy or misunderstanding that runs rampant among collectors that needs to be cleared.

Rocky Vault is a retailer who is trying to make a profit on everything. Ebay members range anywhere from a LCS or user who inflates their prices with the age old addage "A fool is born everyday" to a seller who is trying to make Profit to a fire sale seller and... finally... a buyer who does a .99 cent auction and gets what they get.

Most Rockys Vault prices are inflated at retail as opposed to what you can really get on auction from an Ebay seller... you just have to be patient.

Just because someone puts up a Thanos statue on Ebay and makes it an inflated BIN offer... that doesnt in any way shape or form validate the actual price.

There are exceptions but Rockys vault is rarely ever less than a undamaged but displayed Ebay auction that goes a week and starts at .99 cents.
I am a
Having said that Rockys Vault is as food as it gets as far as a seller of their own goods in a world where Amazon and Ebay sellers are people selling their old statues BIN for the sole reason of making a personal profit.

Were you a little tipsy when you wrote this?

I was going to grab the Hulk Mr. Fixit from the Vault but it was gone by the time I got around to buying it....so bummed.

That Hulk is awesome. Haha, He wasn't in the vault for an extended period of time but he was there for a few months. Once they put him on sale he sold out

I am a
I do somewhat agree I gave bought from the vault and the baby. The difference for the vault is they paid factory price for it so to get to a profit for them is much lower. You are 100% right on those bin prices on eBay they do not reflect what a piece is worth just dome high price someone, wants. I too have seen pieces at auction go lower than the vault but not by too much usually. As you said at the vault they are new and never been displayed. Overall great post. I look at the vault as the Walmart of bowens it may not be the cheapest but it will be darn close to the cheapest.

That Hulk is awesome. Haha, He wasn't in the vault for an extended period of time but he was there for a few months. Once they put him on sale he sold out
I missed out on a few at the vault also, let's hope some make a return visit.

I don't usually buy mini busts these days, but the Vault had the newer Hulk MB for $65 including shipping. I had to jump on that. It irritates me a little that some of the pieces I paid MSRP for (minus BDCC discount), are now going for a lot less on the Vault. However, its something you have to accept as a collector. One day you get a great deal, the next day you pay a little more. Nature of the beast.

Also, I totally agree about having patience. That said, Ebay can be a crap shoot. You never know what a crooked seller may try or what will happen in the post...

I don't usually buy mini busts these days, but the Vault had the newer Hulk MB for $65 including shipping. I had to jump on that. It irritates me a little that some of the pieces I paid MSRP for (minus BDCC discount), are now going for a lot less on the Vault. However, its something you have to accept as a collector. One day you get a great deal, the next day you pay a little more. Nature of the beast.

Also, I totally agree about having patience. That said, Ebay can be a crap shoot. You never know what a crooked seller may try or what will happen in the post...

Ebay gives me a headache trying to find crap at times, I agree. I have never been a mini bust collector but the vault prices do make me think about a few.

That's correct to be the best of my knowledge. Maybe BD will come back into the marketplace with a new license and line. I'd like to see him produce 1:4 scale Marvel and/or DC busts if he could get it. The 1:4 statue market is too packed with players and Sideshow probably has a stranglehold on North America/Europe it as it is.
I would prefer he come back and do the 1/6 again. To many choices at the 1/4 not to many great choices at 1/6

Classic Museum Thor, Savage Hulk, Avengers Cap. & Iceman Bust (clear) are all that I have left.

Lots of deals on ebay if you can find them.
The key with eBay is patience, and fiscal discipline. Don't get caught up in emotional bidding, I am guilty of trying to win once in a while

The key with eBay is patience,

And luck! I mean, I've looked at some completed auctions, and they are just crazy... like 2 bids and winning for less than $100 of what that statue goes for. How does that happen... it's either the product description and or the timing, (not catching the correct audience, right?) Just curious... because I've won a couple like that, and also have been totally outbid ridiculously on some.

And luck! I mean, I've looked at some completed auctions, and they are just crazy... like 2 bids and winning for less than $100 of what that statue goes for. How does that happen... it's either the product description and or the timing, (not catching the correct audience, right?) Just curious... because I've won a couple like that, and also have been totally outbid ridiculously on some.
Luck is part of it I agree sideshow thanos Maquette went for 660 I was going to buy it my best friend was bidding So I didn't want to step on his toes. The next one up for auction ending two days later goes for 860.00 same statue same everything

One thing I have noticed if the auction starts the bidding high and less people bidding it usually goes cheaper. Just have a price in mind and bud only that. Sooner or later you will win if it's a fair price you are willing to pay.

Were you a little tipsy when you wrote this?

I was flat out lit lol. Went to a popular Mexican food place here for a birthday party with the girlfriend and tried their margaritas for the first time. Had no clue they put everclear in their drinks. :google Plus I typed it on my phone and I am a notoriously bad phone typer.

I was flat out lit lol. Went to a popular Mexican food place here for a birthday party with the girlfriend and tried their margaritas for the first time. Had no clue they put everclear in their drinks. :google Plus I typed it on my phone and I am a notoriously bad phone typer.

That is awesome!

Back