Bowen statues are they at rock bottom prices?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xforce

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I have been on a bowen buying binge it's amazing the deals I am getting just picked up vision 200 free ship off the bay, 165 nova and 205 scarlet witch delivered from the vault. Yesterday I got a bowen red skull 150 plus shipping. Is bowen out of fashion due to sideshow pf and xm studios. Would love to hear opionions? Also Will Bowens keep dropping in price?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They're not making statues anymore, so many people have lost interest in collecting them.

Its amazing the short attention span we collectors have. There is no other statue company that has ever produced the breath of different statues as Bowen, and the quality was always solid with his pieces. I cant imagine the prices going lower but then again I would not have thought they would have fallen to where they are. I wonder if he starts producing again if that bumps the prices up.

I am happy with them being low since I am looking to expand. I would think when you could get a bowen for 200 and sideshow say the new Spiderman is 469.00 you would think more people might go the less expensive route

Bowen is in a different scale, details, and more classic. They're in the lower end of the collection compare to Sideshow and XM. They will more likely drop first when the economy drop.

Bowen is in a different scale, details, and more classic. They're in the lower end of the collection compare to Sideshow and XM. They will more likely drop first when the economy drop.

I have picked up a few of the pieces from the Kucharek brothers. I love their stuff.

I have picked up a few of the pieces from the Kucharek brothers. I love their stuff.

Yes, Mr. Green picked a couple of their Hulk(Maestro and Planet Hulk). Another 1 or 2 looks promising and he might pick up if price drop even higher. But the majority of them don't interest Mr. Green.

If you don't have room for 1/4 scale statues and want your statues to be comic book accurate then Bowen is defiantly the way to go....

Prices for BD pieces have always varied. Certain pieces are pricey (retro Cable, chrome Surfer, Mr Sinister, IG Thanos, modern Nova, Winter Soldier, Black Panther, and Apocalypse to name a few), and certain pieces are dirt cheap (Man-Thing and Abomination come to mind). It's no different than any other company's merch.

Prices for BD pieces have always varied. Certain pieces are pricey (retro Cable, chrome Surfer, Mr Sinister, IG Thanos, modern Nova, Winter Soldier, Black Panther, and Apocalypse to name a few), and certain pieces are dirt cheap (Man-Thing and Abomination come to mind). It's no different than any other company's merch.

For the most part this is 100%. Bowen not producing anymore effects the overall demand a little. Some statues still go for ridiculously high and will continue to do so and the others will continue to drop a bit. I myself bought about 30 Bowens this past year and sold some, traded some, just trying to see what I liked is all. I actually re bought a few because the prices got a little low and I think the statues are that good that I regretted letting go of certain ones. I hope that people who just start collecting use this to get what they want at a good price because there are still companies that make 1/6 but certain characters probably wont ever be produced again.

I am a comic collector for 25 yesrs so I guess that's why they speak to me. The 1/4 scale is impressive, but the 1/6 us so much easier to display

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Its interesting how statue collecting have changed from bowen runs of 4 and 5K while most runs are much smaller now. Also the move from 1/6 to 1/4 scale has surprised me. I guess I am old school

One of the funniest things I am up on the bay and as usual I see all the latest releases from rockys vault up there, of course for an additional $50.00-150.00

Stealth nick fury on the vault 300 on the bay starting bid 359.00. The worse part its still up on rockys vault for less they dont even wait for it to be sold out there

One of the funniest things I am up on the bay and as usual I see all the latest releases from rockys vault up there, of course for an additional $50.00-150.00

Stealth nick fury on the vault 300 on the bay starting bid 359.00. The worse part its still up on rockys vault for less they dont even wait for it to be sold out there

It's crazy to see the prices on ebay compared to RV lol. You can absolutely nab some solid pieces on there for a great price if you're fast enough, or subscribe to their email and check every week when they post up new stuff.

Bowen makes very awesome statues. Great for anyone with little room or who wants characters who generally aren't offered by other companies.

It's crazy to see the prices on ebay compared to RV lol. You can absolutely nab some solid pieces on there for a great price if you're fast enough, or subscribe to their email and check every week when they post up new stuff.

Bowen makes very awesome statues. Great for anyone with little room or who wants characters who generally aren't offered by other companies.

Yeah thats the hard part getting to the vault to buy them before they are gone. Once they are you can always go to the bay wait a few weeks when all the flippers realize most people who wanted them bought them and the prices they are asking are too high and prices drop though not always. I like the old days where you had to pay to post auctions so people would not out there stuff up for super high prices and let them sit there for months

I do love bowens for the variety plus they all look good together in your curio. Going to grab a few bigger pieces too though to add a little pop to the collection

It really just depends on the piece. I've been collecting my favorite X-men Bowen statues recently. I got Cyclops for next to nothing. Apocalypse wasn't so cheap, and Jean finally cost me a pretty penny. Storm was also really cheap. IME the prices have been all over the map.

Maybe I'll get Mister Sinister one day... :pray:

I wish Cable on sentinel wasn't so expensive. They had it on RV a few weeks back for 950$ I think.

I'm not sure if prices are necessarily rock bottom as there are still some pieces that go for quite a bit. But certainly not the market it was a few years ago, where ever piece increased in value. As for the lower pricing these days, there are a number of factors, including inventory being dumped onto the market, more competitors like Sideshow, XM and Iron Studios entering the industry with more detailed, high quality 1:6, 1:4, and 1:3 scale pieces, as well as the cinematic pieces from Marvel and DC movies (a market that didn't exist a few years ago); and older BD collectors cashing out and moving on, while a relatively few BD collectors are coming in. But realistically this is typical for any collectibles. In a few years people may very well be saying the same things about Sideshow, XM and Hot Toys collectibles as the next great things come onto the market, whether it's higher quality collectibles or do-it-yourself 3D printing, who knows. I don't buy collectibles expecting them to appreciate in value.

I have a pretty extensive Bowen collection, and there's no other company that even comes close to producing such a prolific line. In many respects I'm glad they are no longer being produced because my collecting dollars are stretched and committed elsewhere. However it would have been nice if they'd gotten one more extension to produce a few more pieces. But as it is, I can pretty much lock that collection and move to other things. There are maybe three or four statues I may get around to picking up, and I'll grab a few for conversions. But these days my focus is almost exclusively on 1:4 statues and 1:6 figures. I'm hoping some company starts producing 1:4 Marvel and DC busts in the $150 range to fill in more characters and teams.

Back