Bowen Real Bronze Hulk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bowen Bronze (Real) Hulk

I did a lot research and asking around. Finally got to one.

Thanks ComputerFly. The Hulk is indeed stunning. I wonder how well the Batman would have looked if it was the same scale as the Hulk and Spidey at 1/5 scale ... I think it might have outdone it ... I must say the paint apps on all three of these are amazing. I keep thinking one is my favorite, then I switch to the other, and the other one ... .

Thank Squid>

RS, if you are a fan of DC and/or Marvel, then buying ANY of these is the right one. Congrats on yours, RS.

Thanks Quad. Lit under proper lights, they are even better in person, but they have to be under good display lights. Otherwise, the colors on these just do not come to life, and neither does the statue.

WOW thats an incredible collection, and the fact that the Spidey and Hulk are 1/5th scale. I didnt realize they were so big. Congratulations, looks absolutely incredible together.

Not much to say that hasn't already been said... just wow!!!

Any chance that you'll be pursuing a bronze Cap to got with the Spidey and Hulk?

Congrats, greatness!

Sell the Batman and get the Captain! It would look a lot better that way. I just never cared for that Batman piece either. Spidey and Hulk rock though.

BATMAN29 = MOST BAD ASS COLLECTOR ON THIS BOARD.EVERY PIECE HE GETS MAKES A STATEMENT TO HIS DEDICATION TO THIS HOBBY.

GET THE CAP NOW,GREG..:rock

WOW thats an incredible collection, and the fact that the Spidey and Hulk are 1/5th scale. I didnt realize they were so big. Congratulations, looks absolutely incredible together.

Rabid, funny you mention that you did not realize they were not 1/5 scale ... the first of the bunch I bought was a Conan Bronze, 1/6 scale, then the Batman Bronze (which IMO is a 1/7 scale, no way a 1/6 scale). So when I bought the Spiderman Bronze and you can imagine how amazed I was when I saw the head in the box. So I did a bit more investigating and found that all the Bowen Bronze Hulk, Spidey, and Cap were 1/5 scale.

It was a fantastic surprise to say the least.

Not much to say that hasn't already been said... just wow!!!

Any chance that you'll be pursuing a bronze Cap to got with the Spidey and Hulk?

Thanks jbinny. My original intention was to get only the Spidey and the Hulk over the years. I really did not care much for the pose of the Cap running. But a collector buddy of mine on another forum convinced me that it is way nicer in person. So I am seriously thinking about it, but not at the prices going on ebay, which I highly doubt someone will pay $20 000 for. WAY WAY over, even if these are heavy grails.

Yikes, those are incredible.

These higher res/larger shots are crazy: :google

https://www.statuemarvels.com/f196/bowen-design-real-bronze-hulk-7469.html

Thanks Vader. I have seen some pics of these beauties, but I found the pics I saw did not show the potentially rich colors that the bronze has to show under the proper lighting conditions. So I wanted to illustrated this without deep shadow lighting, but rather indirect soft lighting, and make them high res so fellow avid collectors could take a peak at the details.

Congrats, greatness!

Sell the Batman and get the Captain! It would look a lot better that way. I just never cared for that Batman piece either. Spidey and Hulk rock though.

Hi Gruson! I know, the Spidey seems to dwarf in comparison, but it really is because of it's size. If it was a 1/5 scale, it would make a comletely different statement. It really is a fantastic piece (you should see the close up bronzing on his face and other places) ... and besides, BM is my favorite character. Have to keep that piece of art.

Thanks for checking it out Gru.

BATMAN29 = MOST BAD ASS COLLECTOR ON THIS BOARD.EVERY PIECE HE GETS MAKES A STATEMENT TO HIS DEDICATION TO THIS HOBBY.

GET THE CAP NOW,GREG..:rock

Thanks Shai! :angelsmil
Now I KNOW you and many others here have a huge badass collection yourselves! And the way some of our fellow avid collectors display some of their stuff still leaves me in awe, and puts me to shame (and now a days look to them as an example of how to display).

As usual you are a stud Shai.

As for the Cap, I answered this in Jbinny response to him in this post. I never had the intention of getting it because of pose, but I have decided to do so if it comes along at the right price.

Thanks jbinny. My original intention was to get only the Spidey and the Hulk over the years. I really did not care much for the pose of the Cap running. But a collector buddy of mine on another forum convinced me that it is way nicer in person. So I am seriously thinking about it, but not at the prices going on ebay, which I highly doubt someone will pay $20 000 for. WAY WAY over, even if these are heavy grails.

i would also consider these pieces for my collection, but i saw the last one for $20K and i had to chuckle since i've seen ones sell for way less.

Congrats... When you do get Cap. it will just add to the awesomness of your collection:rock

I bow down to you sir..

If I played at your level I would get the CSmoore Bronze Conan Barbarian and Berzerker..

I was thinking of this piece Bodie. The thing that keeps me away from it is the fact I am not heavy into Conan. I have a few Conan pieces that I am happy with, and content with those for now. It is a spectacular piece as a sculpt on it's own, no question about that.

i would also consider these pieces for my collection, but i saw the last one for $20K and i had to chuckle since i've seen ones sell for way less.

You got it Quad. And that was exactly what I have been waiting for, someone who was going to sell them within a reasonable price. So far, I have been very fortunate to land all the bronzes I own within a reasonable price for each.

And to spend that much money on these, to me, is way a loss of investment IMO. Let's just look at the fact that SS is going to explore making bronze statues in the Marvel arena. If they match the size and quality of these Bowens, along with the right pose, it will diminish the value of these simply on terms of supply and demand. More QUALITY bronzes of the same character, less demand, which brings prices down IMO.

When it comes to value, those 4 = my whole collection. Congrat

Good one Greatwall, but a "slight" exageration, lol. I have seen your stuff to my friend, an awesome collection.

And to spend that much money on these, to me, is way a loss of investment IMO. Let's just look at the fact that SS is going to explore making bronze statues in the Marvel arena. If they match the size and quality of these Bowens, along with the right pose, it will diminish the value of these simply on terms of supply and demand. More QUALITY bronzes of the same character, less demand, which brings prices down IMO.

:horror:horror:horror are you serious..... when was that confirmed or was it just rumored:confused:

If this line go through. I would see the edition numbers around 10-20 pieces due to it's cost. For the true fanatic fans.

you maybe right, though i'd think it's be hitting 50+. depending on how they'd look i'd be down for a spidey and hulk for sure:naughty

Quad and Greatwall, do you remember when there was that 12 days of Christmas of SS? Well during one of those releases, the guy with the go tee doing the videos said that SS would like to begin exploring different areas, and one of them is bronze.

He did not say when, and more importantly, with which characters.

As for edition size, I would think it depends on the character.

For me to get into the bronze, I would want it to be a painted bronze like the Bowens. When I see some of the bronzes like the SS Boba Fett from Star Wars, I would like to have seen a bit more of the paint on that bad boy. I noticed it's ES appears to be 75 and it goes up in price as the ES goes up (here check out the link below to see what I mean)

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=7174&utm_source=search0109

This is the type of thing I see SS doing. And I see them being near the 1/4 scale. The Boba Fett is 21" including base, a great 1/4 scale sculpt. I just think there should be some paint on that, maybe there is I just cannot tell from the pics.

Take a peek at the 1:2 bronze Vader, ES 30

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=900217&utm_source=search0109

Now take a look at the 21" Vader Bronze (what I would consider 1/4 scale

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=7147&utm_source=search0109

All different formats, different ES.

I have to tell you guys, I am liking the bronze. Enough to seriously consider selling most of my collection to get into it. But like I said, just considering it at this point ...

Back