Hot Toys Ghost Rider - custom movie accurate metal chain

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roach_rch

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey all

Actually it's my first post on this forum so first of all let me introduce myself - I'm Mike, I used to collect Marvel Legends back in the days, and recently I discovered sixth scale figures and went bananas :)

While waiting for my Ghost Rider to arrive I started to think about upgrading the original Hot Toys chain in advance. I always thought it's the weakest link (pun intended) in the whole figure, which is otherwise awesome. And while finding a chain that would fit the 1/6 scale (as opposed to too tiny HT chain) was relatively easy to accomplish, creating the spike at the end of the chain was a real challenge.

So I did a little research, watched the movie back and forth for references (very painful experience) as well as I browsed the internet for promo materials and found that pretty much every picture has a different spike. For example:

I decided to go with the one in the middle as a reference - the spike seems bulky and looking like a real weapon. I did a sketch and whatever details I could not read clearly from the photo I improvised on. I went to a metal workshop nearby and voila, I just received the prototype. And while I'm waiting for the Rider to arrive at my doorstep, I did a little fooling around with the figures and parts I already own to show how it looks.

It's made of brass, weights about 6 grams and the spike is really, really sharp. It's yellowish, but you cannot really see it in the pictures. Next step is to cover it with triple plated chrome. Then I need to think of a more elegant way of attaching it to the chain - right now it was done really fast, just like the pics as I was in a rush to share my excitement :) I think the whole thing will be ready in about 2 weeks, so that should intersect with the expected delivery of the figure.

Can't wait to post some more updates :) I already have some more custom projects planned :D

In the meantime let me know what you think guys!

PS.

"I need your clothes, your chain and your motorcycle."

Back