Bootleg Patient Zero on eBay!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
King Darkness said:
I agree 100%.

Taking the sale down helps no one in the end...

It helps prevent one sale of a re-caster; if everyone did it, that would turn into completely stopping recasting for profit. I'm sorry you guys don't see the problem with this auction (and others like it) but I will continue to do what little I can to help prevent this kind of thing.

Have you ever tried to buy a Japanese Anime PVC figure on eBay? Virtually every single figure has been copied and faked (mostly in China where the originals are made) and it is near impossible to be sure what you are getting if you don't deal with well established people. Nearly all resin garage kits have been copied and faked, making it tough to tell if you are getting the real thing. Now, even Sideshow polystone pieces are being salvaged and sold when they should have been destroyed... how much longer before true copies turn up? Do you see the trend here? As a collector I want the original item put out by the original company, not some faked, copied item. If this trend keeps going in the direction it is going, your collectibles will be worth nothing, because people will either not care about whether an item is a copy or not and just get the cheaper item, or they will be worried about getting a copy so they will be afraid of purchasing from unknown sources.

Seriously, after the stink most of you made with the guy in China selling the Sideshow factory rejects, I find your current attitudes a little disturbing! If you don't see this auction as the same thing or worse actually, that is fine; you are entitled to your opinions, but so are we, and if we choose to try and put a stop to something that is blatantly wrong, then how about just letting us do it... hmmm???

I AGREE WITH MY TWO OLD FRIENDS HERE KING & DARK....WHAT DO YOU CARE ABOUT THAT SOMEONE IS RECASTING IT...HOT TOYS HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR YEARS....LONNIE ,YOU SHOULD EMAIL ALL THE ACTORS THAT HOT TOYS HAVE STOLE THEIR LIKENESS WITHOUT THEIR AUTORISATION AND MADE MONEY ON THEM...WE SHOULD ALSO THROW MICKEY'S SORRY ASS TO JAIL...

YOU GUYS ARE CHILDISH.....

BET YOU ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO EMAILED THE GUY AND EBAY ARE THOSE WHO OWN A PZ AND DONT WANT IT TO DEVALUE...:rolleyes:

AHHH... I'M ASHAMED TO BE A FREAK TODAY...

YOU ARE ALL SNITCHES.....

The listing is longer valid but I have a question...

Was the seller in Northern California?
If so, this very well may have been the item for sale:

woh_21.jpg

The "PZ" in the photo above is not a real SS piece and I contacted the seller via email after this show and he told me it in fact was not an original PZ but a "custom" for sale at $85+ship.

I was actually considering getting it but then a local boardie wanted to trade my RAH Spawn for his legit PZ... sure glad I waited.

:cool:

ghettoenhanced said:

woh_21.jpg

The "PZ" in the photo above is not a real SS piece and I contacted the seller via email after this show and he told me it in fact was not an original PZ but a "custom" for sale at $85+ship.

I was actually considering getting it but then a local boardie wanted to trade my RAH Spawn for his legit PZ... sure glad I waited.

I think his PZ looks better than Sideshow's.

Yeah... :monkey2

and Shai... :rock

Shai Hulud said:
I AGREE WITH MY TWO OLD FRIENDS HERE KING & DARK....WHAT DO YOU CARE ABOUT THAT SOMEONE IS RECASTING IT...HOT TOYS HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR YEARS....LONNIE ,YOU SHOULD EMAIL ALL THE ACTORS THAT HOT TOYS HAVE STOLE THEIR LIKENESS WITHOUT THEIR AUTORISATION AND MADE MONEY ON THEM...WE SHOULD ALSO THROW MICKEY'S SORRY ASS TO JAIL...

BET YOU ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO EMAILED THE GUY AND EBAY ARE THOSE WHO OWN A PZ AND DONT WANT IT TO DEVALUE...:rolleyes:

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Shai Hulud said:

You should be ashamed... to let this kind of thing go without doing anything. Why in the bleeping world does everybody think that reporting something that is wrong, is a wrong in itself? No wonder this world is going to hell-in-a-hand-basket!

lcummins said:
Excuse me? I'm not the one posting pictures and comments that offend people and get me banned... now THAT'S childish!

Low blow.....

Now thats childish:D

lcummins said:
Excuse me? I'm not the one posting pictures and comments that offend people and get me banned... now THAT'S childish!

:rock :rock :rock

I think this thread has strayed a little too far from it's topic, so I will leave my opinions as stated, and move on...

Shai Hulud said:
Cummins, you should become a preacher on TV...:lol

"And our good Lord said un to me....Lonnie....Thou shalt NOT recast and sell SideShow Products!!!!"
knCHRISTIAN_wideweb__470x250,0.jpg

ghettoenhanced said:

woh_21.jpg

Can you PM me this guys contact info? I want that PZ!

:D

I don't understand this. If the guy recasts, and custom paints it and puts it on ebay its wrong. If someone commissions it, its recasted with a little is shaved off the chin, and custom painted its ok.

Technically any custom is a violation of copyright. Personally I think the only person this hurts is the ********* selling his genuine PZ for $300, when he only paid $70 or whatever.

I would love to the opportunity to buy a recast Spike, since there is no way I would pay 3X the original cost for one. I have no interest in reselling it, I just want one for my collection, just like some people want a PZ for their dead collection.

Back