Bootleg Patient Zero on eBay!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since its clearly not authentic, it can't really be passed off as such. Also since SSC is not making these any longer, its not like he's costing them money. Quite the contrary since he's using all SSC parts that he had to purchase, they are still making money off of this custom.

Just my 2 cent.

Looks good. If I didn't have one, I might bid.

Two questions...

1.) Isn't this illegal? The seller is in the US not China.
2.) Why isn't anyone outraged by this when almost everyone was when the guy in China was selling the fake Ironman PFs?

Fritz said:
Looks good. If I didn't have one, I might bid.

Two questions...

1.) Isn't this illegal? The seller is in the US not China.
2.) Why isn't anyone outraged by this when almost everyone was when the guy in China was selling the fake Ironman PFs?
I am confused too. This is a blatant rip off of a property, where's the fuss. All you people with real Zeros should be upset because their figure is about to depreciate in value. Every customer who buys a fake, is a customer that will most likely not worry about acquiring the real version.

Its not a real zero and its not a piece which is going to drive down the (insanely unreasonable) market value of the actual PZ. Its a custom job with a re-cast head. Doesn't include packaging and now extra arm.

Whats the big deal? (If anything it'll make the market for a real PZ more reasonable). :D

pixletwin said:
Its not a real zero and its not a piece which is going to drive down the (insanely unreasonable) market value of the actual PZ. Its a custom job with a re-cast head. Doesn't include packaging and now extra arm.

Whats the big deal? (If anything it'll make the market for a real PZ more reasonable). :D
You just completely contradicted yourself. No offense but it will drive down the value of the real deal because people will settle for the "custom" instead of forking over for the real thing. I still think it's stealing because PZ was an original idea created by SS and this zombie is completely ripping off the look and idea.

Everyone is ok with it apparently because this allows them to own a "zero" for a "reasonable" price. I won't support it. I would if he created his own original zombie, now that would be a custom. Aren't you people against recasts anyway?

El Roranous said:
You just completely contradicted yourself. No offense but it will drive down the value of the real deal because people will settle for the "custom" instead of forking over for the real thing. I still think it's stealing because PZ was an original idea created by SS and this zombie is completely ripping off the look and idea.

No contradiction. I am simply hoping for the best. :monkey3 :D

(ie the first bit you put in bold is probable. the second bit is my fondest hope because, honestly, the only way to get a PZ is to totally rape ones wallett. There are alot of people who are desperate for PZ who are willing to overpay. I just aint one of those folks). :D

pixletwin said:
No contradiction. I am simply hoping for the best. :monkey3 :D

(ie the first bit you put in bold is probable. the second bit is my fondest hope because, honestly, the only way to get a PZ is to totally rape ones wallett. There are alot of people who are desperate for PZ who are willing to overpay. I just aint one of those folks). :D
to be honest, neither am I. I have accepted the fact that I can't own a PZ. However, I still think that PZ as a collectible figure with an ES of 300, should not be duplicated or reproduced, or copied. It just isn't fair to all the people who forked that money over or bought him originally.

El Roranous said:
to be honest, neither am I. I have accepted the fact that I can't own a PZ. However, I still think that PZ as a collectible figure with an ES of 300, should not be duplicated or reproduced, or copied. It just isn't fair to all the people who forked that money over or bought him originally.

Well I am afraid we will have to agree to disagree on that last bit. If someone paid $375 for a 1:6 and 12 months later the figure was worth $125, well what can I say but thats all part of the game we all play as collectors. Besides, the guy who bought the real PZ has alot more to go with it (um... accessories! hello?).

Meh. I would sleep just fine if I won that PZ-X but since Nash bid on the sucker I prolly won't even win it. :lol

pixletwin said:
Well I am afraid we will have to agree to disagree on that last bit. If someone paid $375 for a 1:6 and 12 months later the figure was worth $125, well what can I say but thats all part of the game we all play as collectors. Besides, the guy who bought the real PZ has alot more to go with it (um... accessories! hello?).

Meh. I would sleep just fine if I won that PZ-X but since Nash bid on the sucker I prolly won't even win it. :lol
I am fine agreeing to disagree. I just think this is pretty similar to the whole IM thing. The original owners of a PZ should be a little more upset I think.

El Roranous said:
I am fine agreeing to disagree. I just think this is pretty similar to the whole IM thing. The original owners of a PZ should be a little more upset I think.

So are you trying to stir them up or what? ;)

lcummins said:
Well, I for one, don't like unauthorized reproductions and recasts, so i reported the auction...

I guess while your at it you might as well report the guy selling his custom Luke Skywalker as well. It looks like a mish mash of sideshow products. :monkey3

https://cgi.ebay.com/Sideshow-Toys-...goryZ751QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think this is crazy. Who cares? This is way different than the Iron Man thing. I guess we should all call medicom and report DarkArtist for making and selling repaints of clone troopers. Or maybe we should report Customikey to Hasblo for actually painting an awesome Gammy. Come on guys calm down. :rolleyes:

BadMoon said:
I guess while your at it you might as well report the guy selling his custom Luke Skywalker as well. It looks like a mish mash of sideshow products. :monkey3

https://cgi.ebay.com/Sideshow-Toys-...goryZ751QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think this is crazy. Who cares? This is way different than the Iron Man thing. I guess we should all call medicom and report dark artist for making and selling repaints of clone troopers. Or maybe we should report Customikey to Hasblo for actually painting an awesome Gammy. Come on guys calm down. :rolleyes:
This is actually quite similar to the IM thing. This isn't just a custom paint job or a kit-bash, this is a complete rip off and a recast. Recasting and reselling that same recast is illegal unless you own the rights to said figure.

This auction is the same thing as me tracing the Adam Hughes art print or copying it on a copy machine and selling it. It's flat out stealing. :cool:

You didn't answer the important question then. How is this different from the artists on the board that make money re-producing Sideshow figures? They also sometimes recast. It's no different in my book. But, I really don't care about this auction so I'll be done adding my two cents. :D

BadMoon said:
You didn't answer the important question then. How is this different from the artists on the board that make money re-producing Sideshow figures? They also sometimes recast. It's no different in my book. But, I really don't care about this auction so I'll be done added my two cents. :D
The artists on this board take the original figure and make modifications to it, they don't create the same figure for someone who does not already own one.

If they do do a recast then it's of their own original work. Plus they aren't selling the same exact head that Sideshow produced to anyone and everyone. It's a completely different business.

As El R said, there is a big difference between repaints, customs, and casting one's own sculpts, and recasting and "reproducing" an existing figure; the eBay seller even calls it a "reproduction" in the description.

Back