Bootleg Patient Zero on eBay!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now thats the controversy I was hoping to see in this thread :lol

Sorry Pix, I didn't mean to mess up your chances of bidding by posting this, I just thought it was interesting and wanted to share :monkey3

And as for this this statement:

El Roranous said:
No offense but it will drive down the value of the real deal because people will settle for the "custom" instead of forking over for the real thing. I still think it's stealing because PZ was an original idea created by SS and this zombie is completely ripping off the look and idea.

Not necessarily, the reason being that PZ is such a small quantity that knock-offs/reproductions seem to not have as big of an impact. Now if Sideshow released another 700 figures that would be a problem for the long term value but something like this would be neglible at best.

For instance I own a CRM Toys Jack Torrance figure (supposedly only 80-100 produced). He sells for $300+ pretty easily (complete with box), but awhile back someone started selling really bad reproductions of the figure on eBay that would end at around $150 each. But even with this it didn't impact the real figures price because collectors knew the difference and the already limited numbers were enough to keep the value high.

As for the ethics... its surely not right or legal. But in this case as long as the seller is honest about it not being real there is less harm. Sideshow has long sold out of these and is not going to feel an economic impact and collectors that own the original won't see an decrease in value so it seems somewhat moot.

And of course this different than customizing services... if you can't see that I have a fake PZ to sell you :lol

galactiboy said:
And of course this different than customizing services... if you can't see that I have a fake PZ to sell you :lol

I know its different. I just want a PZ. Even if it has an X :monkey2

pixletwin said:
I know its different. I just want a PZ. Even if it has an X :monkey2

Same here... I'd take a freakin cast of the head just to put together one that looks just like him. Anything to have him in the collection. I could care less if it's the original or even came with the box or accessories... just need the sculpt and maybe the arm. :lol

I'd probably make it different as far as paint and clothing... but that's just the perfectionist in me. And thanks guys for all of the great comments on myself and the other custom artists here....Really appreciated...:duff

DarkArtist81 said:
Same here... I'd take a freakin cast of the head just to put together one that looks just like him. Anything to have him in the collection. I could care less if it's the original or even came with the box or accessories... just need the sculpt and maybe the arm. :lol

I'd probably make it different as far as paint and clothing... but that's just the perfectionist in me. And thanks guys for all of the great comments on myself and the other custom artists here....Really appreciated...:duff

Your work rules! It is to be expected. :rock :rock :rock

Can someone make a cast of the Original Balrog or a Doom PF, I need these 2 pieces and I don't want to pay top dollar. I don't care about the box just the figures. :rolleyes:

Hard to believe people were going to buy this rip off. It's 100% illegal to recast a figure and even worse to try and sell it.

El Roranous said:
Listing Deleted. :lol

Wow, the world is such a better place now.

Fake Zero off the market makes you forget about wraslers that kill their family and Hilton being released from jail.

EVILFACE said:

Fake Zero off the market makes you forget about wraslers that kill their family and Hilton being released from jail.

There is always something magically succinct about your perspectives :lol

El Roranous said:
This is actually quite similar to the IM thing. This isn't just a custom paint job or a kit-bash, this is a complete rip off and a recast. Recasting and reselling that same recast is illegal unless you own the rights to said figure.

This auction is the same thing as me tracing the Adam Hughes art print or copying it on a copy machine and selling it. It's flat out stealing. :cool:

Soooo.... would you have bought unauthorised from Hot Toys when they use actor's licences without the licence ? Just wondering.

It's stealing. BUT if all you're selling is a customed 1/6 body w/clothes and said recasted head just HAPPENS to be attached for 'free' than you're not:cool:

can you tell I work at a law firm....intellectual property no less.

Thanks for fighting the good fight Rory. I saw this thread but have been burried at work and went to the O's game last night so I couldn't support your war against those idiots who see nothing wrong with this.

I'm an owner of a 'REAL' Patient Zero and was extremely pissed about this and even sent a message to the seller.

El Roranous said:
Listing Deleted. :lol

EVILFACE said:

Yes, the world is a better place. How will it ever improve if we do nothing?

Darth Loki said:
...I'm an owner of a 'REAL' Patient Zero and was extremely pissed about this and even sent a message to the seller.

How do you know yours is a "REAL" Patient Zero Chris? Hmmmmmmm?

:lol

DarkArtist81 said:
So.... can anyone cast the head for me? :lol

I promise to use different clothes...:monkey3

Lets get one to Darren and have him recarve it so it is missing an eye. :lol

DarkArtist81 said:
:lol :rotfl

Oh dude, just wait and see the sick zombie I am putting together right now... it's going to be hilarious when I post it. :D

Oooo. I am intrigued... :horror

DarkArtist81 said:
I agree 100%.

Taking the sale down helps no one in the end.

Lonnie was probably that kid that told the teacher who talked when they left the room:lol

Back