Boot25 Works

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you guys better start accepting the possibility that you will never get your stuff back. I mean he is sick and all but the least he could do is send stuff he couldn't complete back. It's always an alarm when they stop communicating.

*Now waiting for other board members to jump in and defend him*

Doesn't any member live in a reasonable vicinity from him? Might be worth organizing someone to go see him and help him ship stuff back to people who want it back.

I am sympathetic because of his apparent health issues so clearly he may need some help to sort things out

Doesn't any member live in a reasonable vicinity from him? Might be worth organizing someone to go see him and help him ship stuff back to people who want it back.

I am sympathetic because of his apparent health issues so clearly he may need some help to sort things out

yes this was my thoughts also
isnt anybody live near him or has his phone number so can check things out?
i am even considering contact local police if not other option left
just to check if everything is ok....
The only major problem is that i live to another country
:horror

I will never understand why guys send these customizers so much stuff at one time :huh

Having any idea of how busy these guys are and knowing the turn around time is a year or more for most customizers precludes me from sending more than 2-3 head sculpts at one time.

That's the most I could stand to replace if for any reason the deal goes to the pot.

I sent him one head, and I don't know where you get a year or more turn around time, most people I deal with are about 2 months. I sent John my PF Indy head and he finished it in a month so I expected a fairly quick turn around on my Joker as well but its been over a year now and I just want him returned.

I just found John's Address, looking for a phone number now.

If I can't find one I will write him directly.

I think there is white pages serice that you can find his number but you have to pay a small fee
maybe a dollar or somethink

John is a long time member of the 1/6 community and a very respected one at that. He's been a part of many different fora for ages.
Have you guys tried asking around in the OSW or the 1/6 Division? If I remember correctly, he was active there long before he showed up here. I even have a Ransome Chua book on 1/6 customization featuring John's work.

I would be very surprised if there were any foul play from John.

I sent him one head, and I don't know where you get a year or more turn around time, most people I deal with are about 2 months. I sent John my PF Indy head and he finished it in a month so I expected a fairly quick turn around on my Joker as well but its been over a year now and I just want him returned.

Yeah John's always been pretty quick in the past with mine as well. Usually 4-6 weeks I would have estimated, sometimes much quicker.

John is a long time member of the 1/6 community and a very respected one at that. He's been a part of many different fora for ages.
Have you guys tried asking around in the OSW or the 1/6 Division? If I remember correctly, he was active there long before he showed up here. I even have a Ransome Chua book on 1/6 customization featuring John's work.

I would be very surprised if there were any foul play from John.

I knew of John's work before I got into this hobby. About 10-12 years ago or so I found his stuff online, then more at the Sixth Division. I don't think he set out to scam anyone, and I do understand he was in an accident but I'm just asking him to send stuff back and offering to send a pre paid box so all he'd have to do is drop it at the post office or I think you can even put them in a post office mail box. I haven't gotten a response to those requests in several months now which is why I'm nervous. I'm sure John himself has never ripped anyone off but I personally have been ripped off several times and so now I'm more cynical and likely to try to protect myself from it happening. I have found the best way to get your stuff back is to make some noise.

I'm getting to the point however where I'm just going to quit this hobby soon because people are becoming more and more unreliable as the hobby grows and they try to work outside of their means. I'm wrapping up about 4-5 customs and waiting on a Rainman figure and then I'm thinking I'm probably done.

I knew of John's work before I got into this hobby. About 10-12 years ago or so I found his stuff online, then more at the Sixth Division. I don't think he set out to scam anyone, and I do understand he was in an accident but I'm just asking him to send stuff back and offering to send a pre paid box so all he'd have to do is drop it at the post office or I think you can even put them in a post office mail box. I haven't gotten a response to those requests in several months now which is why I'm nervous. I'm sure John himself has never ripped anyone off but I personally have been ripped off several times and so now I'm more cynical and likely to try to protect myself from it happening. I have found the best way to get your stuff back is to make some noise.

I'm getting to the point however where I'm just going to quit this hobby soon because people are becoming more and more unreliable as the hobby grows and they try to work outside of their means. I'm wrapping up about 4-5 customs and waiting on a Rainman figure and then I'm thinking I'm probably done.

i am with you mate
please let me know if i can help with any way

...and I don't know where you get off thinking I was even remotely talking about you! You even quoted what I said but obviously didn't read it carefully.

You sent one head, I was talking about guys sending him multiple pieces at a time! Sure the first sculpt might have been a simple 2 months turn around but that was probably before there were many who started requesting his services.

You just have one outstanding item that could be replaced (although not very easily) but it's one figure/ one sculpt. No problem. I was referring to the guys who send 4,5,6 sculpts at a time. When they get shafted, the cost to recover those figs will be astronomical.

You sir, are not in that position.

Some of you guys have been screwed over by so many customizers I think you must have it pasted on your forehead.

I would like to aplogize for my long absence. As most of you know I was involved in an auto accident several months back.
I suffered neck and arm injuries that left numbness in both hands.
Not long ago I learned that my wife has a rare form of breast cancer. As you can imagine this will consume all my time caring for her and my daughter.
I wish to continue painting at some point, but right now I neither have the desire nor the time.
I will be contacting those I have heads from and returning them again my deepest apologies.

Hey John,
Thanks a lot for the update buddy!
I'm really sorry for your wife my friend!
I wish you all the best :)

Nic

John thank you for the update. Really sorry to hear your still suffering and that about your wife. I've also recently delt with cancer and it's absolutely draining and exhausting, I wish her and you all the best. Try to stay positive. :peace

i feel really bad right now
i need to apologize to you for all of as here that we thought the worst for you after all the absence
i hope also that everything improves for you and your wife
wish you the best

Back