Bob's Burgers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is. I find South Park to be very smart as the satire goes beyond just name dropping. It cuts to the core of the topic at hand.

The limited amount of Family Guy I've seen is like the football head baby wears a costume and thats supposed to be a witty commentary on politics or something. It doesn't fly with me.

:lol Well, I won't lie...that's partly true...but in most of those cases its satirizing the satire.

It comes down to what you want in a show really. the thingI love about Family Guy, American Dad and Simpsons is each character is the personification of a particular character trait.

From what I've seen, Southpark has slightly more complex characterization.

yeah, thats pretty much what I see everytime I flip through channels and American Dad and Family Guy are on. At least the Simpsons and South Park are smart.

Not attacking you directly but asking in general, have you watched Simpsons lately? All that show is about anymore is violence. I truly don't understand how that show is still on.

South Park isn't even really about the characters, IMO. I think the characters are more of a tool to just move the viewer in and out of specific social commentary.

The Simpsons, which I also like by contrast I think is more a running gag on the characters.

I should say, I actually like South Park and Simpsons, but I don't watch them on nearly a regular basis either.

I didn't watch this, just didn't look that interesting TBH. But I will agree both Simpsons (and to a lesser extent) Family Guy have gone around the bend. South Park is getting close, but they are so unafraid to piss people off that its worth the watch just to see what's going to happen :lol

I liked it but don't see it lasting very long. It's very much along the lines of Dr. Katz and Home Movies, and isn't mainstream enough for the masses. I did cringe at the fart machine joke, but the rest of the show I thought was pretty funny.

I also think both The Simpsons and Family Guy should be put out to pasture. I don't find either one very funny anymore. At one time they were great shows.

I don't see the point on putting fringe shows on network. Dr Katz did pretty damn well for itself on Comedy Channel almost 20 years ago.

It wasn't bad, but to throw it in with the other heavy hitters? Eh.

Maybe they can squeeze 1 season out of this so we can watch in on Adult Swim in 2 years and talk about how brilliant it really was at the time.

I was suprised I liked it, it was funnier then Family Guy but thats not hard nowadays. The lead character is also from Home Movies and has a great voice.

If I'm not mistaken that actor also voices on Archer and Family Guy itself.

I liked it. It will get cancelled after 6 episodes.

It's Fox you're being generous. I don't care for that kind of animation, although I love the joke made on Family Guy about Dr. Katz's animation as if he were having a stroke so I skipped it although in some of the promos the jokes were fairly funny. Sundays are too packed as it is right now between Networked, Cable and Higher End Cable shows to add anything new, I don't even watch The Simpsons or Family Guy except for re-runs anymore.

I really like H. John Benjamin as a voice actor. He's hilarious. I did not see Bob's Burgers though.

I'm surprised at how many liked this steaming pile of crap, but Will Ferrell movies do well too so never underestimate what people will think is funny.

I'm sorry if that insults anyone, but good lord was this show flat out stupid.

I'm surprised at how many liked this steaming pile of crap, but Will Ferrell movies do well too so never underestimate what people will think is funny.

Seriously, why even bother including the part in bold?

:clap It was bad...really bad. I'm not a picky person when it comes to comedy. I'm not a tough critic or hard to entertain. I'm not all about mainstream or avoiding mainstream I enjoy intelligent comedy and dumb slapstick comedy. I'm nearly impossible to offend.

Still...not funny or fun on any level IMO. It's a matter of preference I suppose, but I don't get it at all. This and "The Cleavland Show" are terrible TV

:clap It was bad...really bad. I'm not a picky person when it comes to comedy. I'm not a tough critic or hard to entertain. I'm not all about mainstream or avoiding mainstream I enjoy intelligent comedy and dumb slapstick comedy. I'm nearly impossible to offend.

Still...not funny or fun on any level IMO. It's a matter of preference I suppose, but I don't get it at all. This and "The Cleavland Show" are terrible TV

Did you really watch the whole episode?

And I'll agree on The Cleveland Show. I don't see how that's on anymore but I think the same thing about American Dad and it seems to haven gotten quite a bit of praise in this thread already.

I can't watch American Dad...

...would be pleased to see this take it's place.

Did you really watch the whole episode?

And I'll agree on The Cleveland Show. I don't see how that's on anymore but I think the same thing about American Dad and it seems to haven gotten quite a bit of praise in this thread already.

Nope. Said before I turned it off after a few minutes. An itchy crotch joke and a fart sound gun. It very well might have had its funny moments, but thier big opening scene involved a fart gun solo...couldnt handle it...

As for American Dad...it has its moments. Many episodes are blah...but episodes like "The Rapture" Parady made me laugh my ass off. To be honest, all of the cartoons are past thier life expectancy at this point. Family Guy, Simpsons, South Park...

American Dad is pretty bad too, but a little more watchable than "hey dad my puss itches". Not much, but a little.

Back