Boba Fett Update - Second Chance

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOTRFan said:
Well it's kind of done like that, but the polystone and fabric create some real unsightly seams on that particular piece, I would hope that isn't the case.

Which by the way is also why I held out on ordering Captain America.
It seemd like either do it that way or got all poly and paint it black instead of fabric.

But then is it mixed media?:lol

Carbo-

We will overlook the flex pay cancellation fees for you on the Boba item if you are cancelling because of the mixed media materials used. Please send in a request to Customer Service and let them know you would like to cancel the flex pay and not pay the fees as per the Sideshow CS rep note on the freaks board. You must do this prior to the item leaving our warehouse. Also refer our CS department to this url in the e-mail request.

If anyone is disappointed in anyway in this item, we ask that they take advantage of the returns policy before the 30 day limit is up. We will be more than happy to facilitate a refund for you rather then to keep a piece that you are not fully happy with.

Contact [email protected] or call 800-474-3746 to initiate your return.

Best,
Chicky

Last edited:
Chicky said:
Carbo-

We will overlook the flex pay cancellation fees for you on the Boba item if you are cancelling because of the mixed media materials used. Please send in a request to Customer Service and let them know you would like to cancel the flex pay and not pay the fees as per the Sideshow CS rep note on the freaks board. You must do this prior to the item leaving our warehouse. Also refer our CS department to this url in the e-mail request.

If anyone is disappointed in anyway in this item, we ask that they take advantage of the returns policy before the 30 day limit is up. We will be more than happy to facilitate a refund for you rather then to keep a piece that you are not fully happy with.

Contact [email protected] or call 800-474-3746 to initiate your return.

Best,
Chicky

:clap :clap :clap

This is why SS is the best company out there.

LOTRFan said:
How so? Fett really doesn't have all that much armor when you compare him to a Stormtrooper or C3PO (not really armor but you get the idea). I just hope that Sideshow can figure out a way to go back to the standard polystone body - which by the way according to their catalog is the standard.

Because the armor on them is thicker than what was done on Fett. I would assume this anyways. They could also do it like Vader's armor and that came out looking nice. Either way I would expect the other characters to be easier dur to thicker pieces than what Fett had. That was one of the reason was the armor was so thin that it was too fragile as polystone. In regards to the body I hope they use polystone as well but that doesn't make or break a piece for me.

Darth Loki said:
So even though you think it's beautiful, you don't like it because it's too lite? :confused:

I understand being upset about the sensor. I'd be upset too. But your main gripe seems to be that he's too lite.

No, it also looks a bit too toyish, up close. I was hoping for better paint and just a more stylized look. It looks like an elite Kotobukiya statue, more than a Premium Format Sideshow Collectible.

I am goign to keep it, but it just seems different than the others.

Sir Tristram said:
No, it also looks a bit too toyish, up close. I was hoping for better paint and just a more stylized look. It looks like an elite Kotobukiya statue, more than a Premium Format Sideshow Collectible.

I am goign to keep it, but it just seems different than the others.

Agreed, in fact my very thought was that this is a dressed Koto statue. It is ok, I will be keeping mine, but I don't think I will order any PFs with either an ABS body, or plastic armor that reflects color; it worked fine enough for Vader, but you can't get the weathered effect properly otherwise.

Paid for this on 28.3.07 and it arrived today - damaged!!!!! The jet on his back pack was broken off. My son immediately said "you may as well return it and buy the kotobukiya one because it's like a kids toy and kotobukiya are impossible to break!!!
Very disappointed. If I keep it's because it's part of my exclusive collection I have of all the PF already released.:monkey2

I just would like to jump on in and post this for all you boba fett fans.I got my Premium Format Boba Fett today and I must say that this is a great piece.My main concern from what pics Ive been seeing of people who already got thier Boba Fett's and were posting thier pics on this site and other sites was that the helmet looked very wrong,but I noticed everybody who posted thier pics was putting Boba's head or helmet in the straight position or up position and not in the down position,which if you look at most movie pics of Boba Fett his head is in the down position so that it gives the helmet that flaired look.So when I got mine I pulled him out and set him up and started positioning his head.I positioned his his helmet down like you see him in the movies and it looked perfect.So I really don't care that it's made out of plastic because alot of the costumes that they used in production from the movie were made out of some form of plastic or another anyway.I give this one 5 stars or a 10 ut of 10
P.S.My Boba Fett's antenna was hanging down
just a little bit as well but nothin a little
glue could'nt fix.

I got mine about a week ago and I am satisfied with it. The sensor scope even stayed up on mine. Do I care if it is light? Not really. It made positioning and accomodating it in my display case much easier.

Plus, it looks fantastic in my Fett shrine. All I need now is the Medicom Fett.

Back