Boba Fett Update - Second Chance

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid for mine over a month ago. no tracking, no emial from customer support. I also want to know about the cost reductions..... seems kinda unfair as they are being offered and i have paid... but not recieved the item.

BobaFett02 said:
I paid for mine over a month ago. no tracking, no emial from customer support. I also want to know about the cost reductions..... seems kinda unfair as they are being offered and i have paid... but not recieved the item.

Let´s hope we got our tracking numbers for Boba this week. The waiting is killing me.

masterside said:
tracking for me pics tomorow or after tomorow i hope:chew

I also got my tracking number today but I don´t expect Boba until next week.

BobaFett02 said:
got my tracking today..... shall i accept it.... this is the ting

Somebody correct me if I am wrong but if you refuse the package they will refund you everything but shipping. At this point I think to keep Boba is the better choice because even if you find it cheaper on ebay later, you must add what you paid for shipping to SS to the total price.

And after the controversy I don´t think they offer $25 off anymore, because they know it was a mistake.

Last edited:
THis is correct about the $25. mine has arrived. i took it in for safe keeping.. and i will be opening it later!.....

I HOPE its cool as hell tbh... been one of them crap days!

Outer_Rim said:
Somebody correct me if I am wrong but if you refuse the package they will refund you everything but shipping. At this point I think to keep Boba is the better choice because even if you find it cheaper on ebay later, you must add what you paid for shipping to SS to the total price.

And after the controversy I don´t think they offer $25 off anymore, because they know it was a mistake.

Unless you have the exclusive, it would still be cheaper to send it back, eat the shipping and then get it on ebay.

customizerwannabe said:
Unless you have the exclusive, it would still be cheaper to send it back, eat the shipping and then get it on ebay.

Of course, I was assuming he ordered the exclusive.

Mine arrived today.

I was so thrilled....until I opened it. I am underwhelmed and I HATE sounding like the nay say'ers...I hate the bashing bandwagons usually, but I was genuinely surprised at how much this looked like a big toy. It is beautiful, but I just simply feel little cheated. It is very, VERY light and I feel like I am going to break it if I try and move his costume around...
I needed to try because when he arrived, his knee pads were on hi ankles, his jet pack has to be attached and his helmet sensor is worthless....it simply will NOT stay up at all. ....not to mention it is extremely delicate. I feel like I am going to break the whole thing....save for the base, which is as heavy if not heavier than all the rest.

Oh well. On to a shelf and forgotten. What a let down for me. :cool:

Sir Tristram said:
Mine arrived today.

I was so thrilled....until I opened it. I am underwhelmed and I HATE sounding like the nay say'ers...I hate the bashing bandwagons usually, but I was genuinely surprised at how much this looked like a big toy. It is beautiful, but I just simply feel little cheated. It is very, VERY light and I feel like I am going to break it if I try and move his costume around...
I needed to try because when he arrived, his knee pads were on hi ankles, his jet pack has to be attached and his helmet sensor is worthless....it simply will NOT stay up at all. ....not to mention it is extremely delicate. I feel like I am going to break the whole thing....save for the base, which is as heavy if not heavier than all the rest.

Oh well. On to a shelf and forgotten. What a let down for me. :cool:

So even though you think it's beautiful, you don't like it because it's too lite? :confused:

I understand being upset about the sensor. I'd be upset too. But your main gripe seems to be that he's too lite.

Darth Loki said:
So even though you think it's beautiful, you don't like it because it's too lite? :confused:

I understand being upset about the sensor. I'd be upset too. But your main gripe seems to be that he's too lite.
I think the main gripe with people is that they equate lite with cheap and toy like. I can see where they are coming from because if you have other PF's than you know that there is a certain heft to them so Boba feels different than the expected right from the start.

Darth Loki said:

You too would be upset if a sudden gust of wind blew it over too:D I will be getting mine in the next hour.

Bullseye said:
You too would be upset if a sudden gust of wind blew it over too:D I will be getting mine in the next hour.
:rotfl :rotfl

That was pretty funny. I am pretty positive that most people, while they do love the look of this item, are disappointed by the weight issue. I say it's OK to be a little uneasy about it because it is something that we are not accustomed to. I wonder what Sideshow's future plans are for armored PF's. DO you guys think that they will lower the prices, not do them, or leave everything as usual? I am honestly surprised we haven't seen a second chance offer yet on Boba but there is always tonights newsletter.

i'm afraid when i get mine i'll have the same feeling. i think i'll have my girlfriend take it out of the box and put in on display so i won't ever feel how light it is. i can see how people can feel that way because if it's (light) plastic then in the back of our minds it's really a big action figure. i'm sure i'll overall be happy with it but when i pay that much for a statue i shouldn't have to push the "action figure" thought to the back of my mind. i don't have it yet so I cannot say for sure. i hope they never do this again.

I expect they'll do more armored figures and what ones they have left I would think would be easier to do than Fett.

jlcmsu said:
I expect they'll do more armored figures and what ones they have left I would think would be easier to do than Fett.

How so? Fett really doesn't have all that much armor when you compare him to a Stormtrooper or C3PO (not really armor but you get the idea). I just hope that Sideshow can figure out a way to go back to the standard polystone body - which by the way according to their catalog is the standard.

LOTRFan said:
How so? Fett really doesn't have all that much armor when you compare him to a Stormtrooper or C3PO (not really armor but you get the idea). I just hope that Sideshow can figure out a way to go back to the standard polystone body - which by the way according to their catalog is the standard.
I think they could do Stormtrooper scuplted then attach the black stretch material over the poly. The best example I can think of is Spiderman. The body and hard chest area are one sculpt and then the material was laid over it. That would work for Storm/Clone troopers. The very small amount of armour and how thin it was and how it attached all played a part in Boba. I don't see an issue with any others except Jango.

mfoga said:
I think they could do Stormtrooper scuplted then attach the black stretch material over the poly. The best example I can think of is Spiderman. The body and hard chest area are one sculpt and then the material was laid over it.

Well it's kind of done like that, but the polystone and fabric create some real unsightly seams on that particular piece, I would hope that isn't the case.

Which by the way is also why I held out on ordering Captain America.

Back