Premium Format Boba Fett Premium Format Figure - New Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boba Fett (new version)

Alright, well its still lame.

For some. I thought it was kinda lame with Shaw. Not that I disliked him, I've never disliked anything Star Wars. I just felt empty when I saw him there. No joy.. nothing special. But after the prequels... a whole new aspect of the character was introduced and made the emotional impact of the redemption so much greater, especially when they changed the face to Hayden.

3y5a8yby.jpg

Nice new pic on the Sideshow calendar for May!

I'm looking forward to this and new Vader. The only SW PFs I was interested in were Stormtrooper, Chewbacca which didn't impress me enough to get it, Vader and Fett, both of whom I didn't want to pay aftermarket prices for. Glad I waited, if these have an EX it's a Day 1 PO for both.

It's actually not and it totally makes sense what George did. But hey, each to their own. Can't reason with nostalgia.

It's, "to each their own" haha. Sorry, hope I don't come off as an a-hole.

For some. I thought it was kinda lame with Shaw. Not that I disliked him, I've never disliked anything Star Wars. I just felt empty when I saw him there. No joy.. nothing special. But after the prequels... a whole new aspect of the character was introduced and made the emotional impact of the redemption so much greater, especially when they changed the face to Hayden.

this is the first time I have ever head someone say they actually liked that change. I personally hated it.

Glad to have another fett in my collection. With these rehashes out of the way, I hope we get some new characters that have not been released yet, especially Mace and Lando.

I know I'm the only one on this forum who thinks so, but I thought Hayden did a great performance as a troubled and psychologically unstable character. What other people perceive as "bad acting" was to me the way the character was supposed to be. Sometimes awkward, sometimes crazy (like towards the ending of ROTS). But one thing I'm 100% sure of is that the "bad acting" accusation is a result of people's dislike of the character and not Hayden's acting, but they blame it on the actor anyway.

There was a lot wrong, including the script but Hayden is a very bad actor. He had a few good moments but there are some lines where a better actor could have made a poor line work. Hayden did nothing of the sort.

I've seen Hayden in other films and he is just as terrible in those as well.

Compare it with Ewan McGregor's performance as Obi-Wan Kenobi, and you wonder how frustrated he must have been to work with an amateur like Hayden.

I also hated the cgi but it was completely the script in all three prequels that was the problem. It's Star Wars. You don't need Daniel Day-Lewis in there to make it work. Way too much was put on Hayden Christensen to try and carry those movies. It wasn't Mark Hamill's acting that saved the original films. The stories and characters were strong enough that his acting didn't ruin them either.

I also hated the cgi but it was completely the script in all three prequels that was the problem. It's Star Wars. You don't need Daniel Day-Lewis in there to make it work. Way too much was put on Hayden Christensen to try and carry those movies. It wasn't Mark Hamill's acting that saved the original films. The stories and characters were strong enough that his acting didn't ruin them either.

Nothing wrong with the script or Hayden's acting. I can't help but see that the issue really is with the people who dislike those movies so much. But I totally respect people's taste.. and I don't really get why people say Mark Hamill was a bad actor. I thought he was great. Oh well.. opinions...

I liked him. He was great in ROTS. The writing and direction of the movies really made it difficult (for all actors involved, tbh) to make much more of it, and of course, the expectations were really impossible to fulfill.

Nothing wrong with the script or Hayden's acting. I can't help but see that the issue really is with the people who dislike those movies so much. But I totally respect people's taste.. and I don't really get why people say Mark Hamill was a bad actor. I thought he was great. Oh well.. opinions...

For me I thought the dialogue was pretty bad compounded by the fact that hardly any of the actors showed any emotion in their acting, their acting was so flat, but I put the blame on the director and not the actors, for whatever reason Lucas wanted it that way. IMO the only reason Revenge of the Sith was any good was because Lucas finally brought in Spielberg to help out along with having other screenwriters review the script, something he didn't do with the first two prequels.

For me I thought the dialogue was pretty bad compounded by the fact that hardly any of the actors showed any emotion in their acting, their acting was so flat, but I put the blame on the director and not the actors, for whatever reason Lucas wanted it that way. IMO the only reason Revenge of the Sith was any good was because Lucas finally brought in Spielberg to help out along with having other screenwriters review the script, something he didn't do with the first two prequels.

That's a ridiculous statement. Did we watch the same movies?

I think ROTS was very emotional, and had numerous scenes that showed this. Many of the scenes with Padmé were well played, and her confrontation with Anakin (Vader) on Mustafar was one of the climactic scenes. Also, the final moments of the Obi-Wan vs. Anakin duel was very emotional in terms of dialogue/exchange. :)

I think ROTS was very emotional, and had numerous scenes that showed this. Many of the scenes with Padmé were well played, and her confrontation with Anakin (Vader) on Mustafar was one of the climactic scenes. Also, the final moments of the Obi-Wan vs. Anakin duel was very emotional in terms of dialogue/exchange. :)

Faith in humanity restored. :)

I'm sorry, I have to agree with dan350zr. The acting was completely flat. Also, IMO, I think the directing was horrible. I think the story lines themselves were ok, but if the acting and directing was there, then the films would have been 10 times better. And I'm not even going to mention the midi-chlorians...

...don't hurt me. :thwak

what bothered me the most was .. there was NO dialog in the fight scence between Obiwan and Anakin.. only in the beginning and end.. Its would be more then normal from Obiwan at least to tell Anakin to stop doing from what he is doing by talking the stupid "becoming a Sith" is a bad idea etc..

and the Vader birth was so fast.. C'mon .. from one second to the other you are calling Palpatine Master.. WTH ..

those to thinks were rushed and any other director would had done a better job.

SO GLAD GL is out for the upcoming movies !

What great May 4th announcement... I gotta say all the May4 announcements were good, great event.

Back