BOBA FETT please

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with you mini, I like Jango more than Boba, but I think Boba's will be cooler in PF form, I'd hope for actual faux hair for the braided wookie scalps, and of course there is that little half cape type thing.

As for Amidala, I think the red formal queens robes with painted face and headdress would be the coolest PF for her. I would be very tempted to get that piece, I'd probably have to pass on any others.

Yea Qui-Gon is the one character that really deserves a quality 1/6th scale treatment.

I still think the next figure is Mace, then Qui-Gon and then we kick off the Sith with Darth Maul so he and Qui-Gon can battle.

Bounty hunters! We don't need that scum! Boba Fett sucks so incredibly harrrrd! And Maul too. Difference is: Maul has NO excuse, he is superior to others in many ways (and still gets beaten...).

Let us all wish very hard for a series of imperial troopers...

Maul should have been made more intelligent and written as a deeper character. He could have easily been the 'Vader' for the prequels.

So many possibilities for the next 1/4 character. I agree agent, Boba's costume would would totally benefit from the PF treatment given all of the fabrics and armor. I could, and will, go for both Jango and Boba; I just would love to see another prequel character before an OT character for the next statue.

Queen Amidala is an awesome choice too. Personaly, I would love to see a 1:1 bust of her with her senate headress or a 1/4 statue with the same outfit.

JustinLuck said:
Maul should have been made more intelligent and written as a deeper character. He could have easily been the 'Vader' for the prequels.

I agree. If he had survived Ep I, there would have been no need for Count Dooku (Chris Lee was wasted). Imagine the opening three-way from ROTS with Maul instead of Dooku. An Obi-Wan/Maul rematch :)google ) followed by a superb escape (no Greivous), and the ensuing chase for the Sith apprentice. Ah, the possibilities.

A final match-up between a wizened Maul and Anakin would have been a great echo of the final duel between Vader and Luke.

Customikey said:
I agree. If he had survived Ep I, there would have been no need for Count Dooku (Chris Lee was wasted). Imagine the opening three-way from ROTS with Maul instead of Dooku. An Obi-Wan/Maul rematch :)google ) followed by a superb escape (no Greivous), and the ensuing chase for the Sith apprentice. Ah, the possibilities.

A final match-up between a wizened Maul and Anakin would have been a great echo of the final duel between Vader and Luke.

Thinking about what could have been just makes me upset. 20 years to plan these prequels and we got what we got.

Damn Lucas :angelsmil

SolidLiquidFox said:
Thinking about what could have been just makes me upset. 20 years to plan these prequels and we got what we got.

Damn Lucas :angelsmil

Jesus!!! you put the finger right where it hurts! You are so right! And that is what I wanted to point out earlier, namely, if you look at the prequels, don't you feel that the sith are a bunch of losers? So powerful, and still they don't get it done... If the sith are so week, what to think about the Jedi? The sith characters could really been a bit "deeper" IMO.

I personally am GLAD that SS hasn't released Boba, Maul, Yoda, etc. yet. It is so boring to me that every company with a SW license automatically just cranks out those products first. I'm sure they will be made eventually, but I like how SS has gone about it. Contrast that with GG who put out Maul, Vader, and Boba right away. I just find that so cliche and boring. If GG wants to make an impact, they should release statues of characters that no one else has done.

Agent0028 said:
I'm with you mini, I like Jango more than Boba, but I think Boba's will be cooler in PF form, I'd hope for actual faux hair for the braided wookie scalps, and of course there is that little half cape type thing.

I'm not a huge Boba Fett fan like many are, but he will be great as a PF. He has armor that is blended with cloth. He also has leather, a small cape, a wookie braid, and several parts of him are made of metal. At first I thought he was mostly armor (sort of like a Stormtrooper), but when you look at pics and break it down into the different parts, you'll begin drooling over the possibilities.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
if you look at the prequels, don't you feel that the sith are a bunch of losers? So powerful, and still they don't get it done...

Umm...did you watch Ep. III?

I would love to see a Sidious soon. He is soooo evil. I wonder if SS would make him in his chair? I know Attakus has done that but I would like him in that pose.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Jesus!!! you put the finger right where it hurts! You are so right! And that is what I wanted to point out earlier, namely, if you look at the prequels, don't you feel that the sith are a bunch of losers? So powerful, and still they don't get it done... If the sith are so week, what to think about the Jedi? The sith characters could really been a bit "deeper" IMO.

Yup. Despite everything TPM was my favorite prequel movie. It had so much freaking potential. It was the first SW we had since our childhood. The anticipation and the trailers before the movie made you watch it and overlook all the Jar Jar stuff. Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan Vs. Maul is perhaps the best fight in the prequels worth a damn. Anakin Vs Obi-Wan was lame.

The Sith could have been so much more than Palpatine's clever machinations. Darth Maul should have been much more than just an assasin. The apprentice of the apprentice thing that Count Dooku brought was not worth it. I liked Count Dooku's arrogance in Clone Wars but that was it. It wasn't worth sacrificing Maul over and not giving him a character.

The prequels could have been so much better. LOTR being released around the same time didn't help the comparisons of what a true epic saga should look like on film.

I don't think it's really fair to compare the Star Wars movies to LOTR, it's apples and oranges. They're meant to capture the feel of the cheesy cliffhanger serials of the 30's and 40's, and they succeed quite well in that respect. The OT is just as corny as the prequels with the exception of ESB.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I don't think it's really fair to compare the Star Wars movies to LOTR, it's apples and oranges. They're meant to capture the feel of the cheesy cliffhanger serials of the 30's and 40's, and they succeed quite well in that respect. The OT is just as corny as the prequels with the exception of ESB.

Well said; and, hopefully we can get this thread back on topic.

If it's going to be Boba next in the PF line, what pose are you guys hoping for?

It would have been so much cooler if somehow Maul was the Vader of the first three only to be killed by Anakin in EpIII to take over.

After Maul killed his master, it was nice to see Obi-Wan step up and defeat him in battle, avenging Qui-Gon and earning himself the rank of Jedi Knight. I'm not sure I would have traded that development for Obi-Wan in exchange for more Maul screen time later. Without his death, Obi-Wan would have been more of a failure at the end of Phantom Menace. Why would the council hand Anakin over to another Padawan for training? Obi-Wan needed to do something to become a Knight in order for Lucas to justify his training of Anakin. The defeat of a Sith Lord seems to be a suitable achievement.

Did I like Maul better than Dooku? Yes. Oh well. (If it had been revealed that Maul was a former Jedi who turned, he could have served the same Vader foreshadowing purpose that Dooku did.)

PS: Boba Fett, please!

I wish we could have seen more from Qui-Gon, but he did have to die or something done to him in order for Anakin to begin his path. Qui-Gon would have kept him from doing that.

As for Maul vs Dooku? Maul looked cool, Dooku is cool. Lee owned the role. And I would say Dooku would defeat him as well.

I wish Maul would have stuck around for the prequels...oh well.

Ep1 Qui-Gon/Maul/Kenobi battle was the only part I enjoyed out of the entire PT and will be the only 1/4 pieces I would buy from PT.

Now, back to topic, cannot wait for the Boba Fett 1/4 piece!!!

I hope it's Preadator maquette quality.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
if you look at the prequels, don't you feel that the sith are a bunch of losers? So powerful, and still they don't get it done...
elwood49 said:
Umm...did you watch Ep. III?

You're right. Sidious is pretty powerful in that movie. Perhaps the most powerful Force wielding character we've seen on screen so far (he beat Yoda, didn't he?). But I'm still unsure whether he was just faking his weakness during the fight with Mace Windu, or if he actually was nearly beaten by him...
And Anakin... as a jedi he had depth, but when he turned into Vader, he became the puppet of Sidious.

Original trilogy troopers and droids I want to see next. Or Nute Gunray.

Back