Boba Fett Customizations/Modifications: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Modifying SS Boba Fett

So I today I was lucky enough to purchase the Scum and Villainy Boba Fett for under $400. There are some things I've seen in reviews (not in hand yet) that bug me a bit. Mainly the protrusion of the chest armor. What are some of the modifications you guys have done to remedy known issues with the figure?

In all honesty I would LOVE to eventually have him looking like the Mythos statue.

Do take the time to read through the threads. SSC 1/6 Boba Fett is being re-released in certain markets next month and will be the original $175 or equivalent. It is also highly likely Hot Toys will be doing a Fett in the next year or so (though maybe a ROTJ version,) but again - read the threads to know/track this stuff.

At the time of original SSC Fett release, there were many mods people were doing, chest armor being a key one, but you'd have to read them over to get it (people have even uploaded pics with directions in some cases.)

Yeah there is a lot, but very useful info. There is even conversions to true types and mixed SS/Medi Fetts! The guys here toiled over that thing for over a year and it's well worth the read before you decide how/what to mod on your Fett. Congrats.

You might find some parts on eBay if you're looking

The only thing I'm really concerned about is ruining the vest attempting the mod. I've got some extra DC-15A from my clone troopers that I'm going to add. If I had the paint skills I'd also add the Jaig eyes buuuut I don't want to risk futzing that one up.

I've seen some custom figures sporting the worn brown cape similar to the one on the Mythos statue. Any idea how I could get ahold of one of those? If you haven't noticed yet, I have ZERO experience modding figures :p

The only thing I'm really concerned about is ruining the vest attempting the mod. I've got some extra DC-15A from my clone troopers that I'm going to add. If I had the paint skills I'd also add the Jaig eyes buuuut I don't want to risk futzing that one up.

I've seen some custom figures sporting the worn brown cape similar to the one on the Mythos statue. Any idea how I could get ahold of one of those? If you haven't noticed yet, I have ZERO experience modding figures :p

Then you definitely need to read that thread! What are you doing wasting your time here? GET TO READING! jK
Plenty of guys around here in the custom section that can help you with tampos and clothing, but i think most of the mythos mods came from guys who owned the statue, so that one might be harder to do. Again, read the thread, check the custom section and you'll get what you need.

Then you definitely need to read that thread! What are you doing wasting your time here? GET TO READING! jK
Plenty of guys around here in the custom section that can help you with tampos and clothing, but i think most of the mythos mods came from guys who owned the statue, so that one might be harder to do. Again, read the thread, check the custom section and you'll get what you need.

Who does tampos on these boards (other than Corrose)?

Can't remember off the top of my head by my brother and I got a set for war machine. Give a shout to Lee in MI for the info. Lee doesn't do them, but will know someone who does.

I'd love to get the TT Slim body for him but I really hate the thought of basically having to break the cod piece just to switch the bodies. As for the chest piece, still trying to decide which method I want to use to fix it.

Oh and uh, what's a Tampo?

I'd love to get the TT Slim body for him but I really hate the thought of basically having to break the cod piece just to switch the bodies. As for the chest piece, still trying to decide which method I want to use to fix it.

Oh and uh, what's a Tampo?

Tampos (yes, I spelled it right - no one get excited) are the small photographic emblems etc. that are on toys (eg matchbox cars) and figures of all scales. For example, Fett's chest emblem is a tampo on 1/6 figures.

Back