Boba Debt's Collection - War Machine Cabinet Update

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boba Debt's Collection - War Machine Cabinet Update Post 62

Iron Patriot & War Machine Mark 2 Helmets

I recently received these from Big Geek who is a member of the RPF, which is a prop based forum

I knew he did fantastic work but these are even more awesome in person then I expected.

The display stands are nothing more the $3 paper towel holders that Wal-mart sells

I am very happy with how this display is maturing

Very awesome and sweet display!!! The Iron Man collection looks outstanding. :rock

Re: Boba Debt's Collection -IP & WM Helmets Post # 73

IRON MAN TITANS CONTEST

I recently hosted a Iron Man Titans contest on another forum called the RPF.

The contestants had to choose from a list of versions I posted. I sent them a Titan Figure and they had about a month to paint them.

I had one rouge contestant that painted his own version and I allowed him to enter the contest since he paid for his Titan

Here are the Entries from left to right

Breast Cancer Awareness / Stealth / Zelda / Hot Rod / Steelers / Star Boost / Boba Fett

The Breast Cancer Awareness Figure will be auctioned off on ebay with all of the proceeds (minus the ebay fee) going directly to the Breast Cancer Foundation Charity

I asked the contestants to send me pictures of their work and used them to create these composites for the voting thread:

ENTRY #1 - axman – HOT ROD

ENTRY #2 - zorprime – STEALTH

ENTRY #3 -Kevin Gosset – STAR BOOST

ENTRY #4 - Mockel - BREAST CANCER AWARNESS

ENTRY #5 - RustBelt PGH - STEELERS

ENTRY #6 - dday - BOBA FETT - WINNER

Rouge ENTRY – Neo Rutty - LEGEND OF ZELDA

Last edited:
Re: Boba Debt's Collection -Iron Man Titans Contest Post # 82

LOL I must have missed that over there.... man there is just too much to keep up with lately!!

Love the displays BD!
I'm still waiting for my MK. VII helmet over there.....

Re: Boba Debt's Collection -Iron Man Titans Contest Post # 82

Damn sweet displays! Love the War Machine shelf.

Re: Boba Debt's Collection - War Machine Cabinet Update Post #85

WAR MACHINE CABINET UPDATE

In anticipation or the arrival of my Iron Patriot figure I decided to update the War Machine Cabinet
I added cool white LED rope lights to each shelf and I decided to paint all of the interior black. I think both changes really show off the figures and helmets now.

I ordered some cool white LED panels for the 8 puck lights in the top of the cabinet but it’s going to take some engineering to make them work since they are 12VDC and the lights are 120VAC.

Midas is currently occupying the shelf that is reserved for Hot Rod, so if Hot Toys doesn’t release it soon I will have to go the custom route.

Last edited:

always love your updates Dave and you know i'm a sucker for good lighting when it comes to display set ups....this is a great job my friend :clap

IRON PATRIOT UPDATE

I received mine today and he looks great against the all black background of our War Machine Cabinet

Now I just need Hot Rod and this collection will be complete :)

Last edited:
Re: Boba Debt's Collection - Hall of Armor

This idea started out as a simple test, I bought four 1/6 Hall of Armor Bays to see if they would fit with my Stark Armor Testing display.

When they didn’t, I set them on top of our entertainment system cabinet to get them out of the way until I could list them on ebay.

My wife loved the way they looked and said she wanted bays all the way across the top of the cabinet, so I bought a couple more. However, I soon realized that the radius that is formed as you interconnect units would be too deep, so I decided to modify the bays so they could be attached in a straight line.

I posted a thread about that project here: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ys-“Straight-No-Radius”-Hall-of-Armor-Project

And this is what I have so far:

Currently I have the 7 bays full of the entries from my contest but by the end of the year I should have 5 Hot Toys Armors on display.

I can fit a total of 13 bays in this area and I plan on getting 6 more before the end of the year as well.

Here is a picture that clearly shows the factory created radius

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ys-“Straight-No-Radius”-Hall-of-Armor-Project

And a couple progress pictures

War machine cabinet update

WAR MACHINE CABINET UPDATE

I received my Cool White LED panels today and I was able to make them fit into my halogen puck lights.

I had to re-wire them because they operate on DC voltage and the original lights were AC. The manufacturer recommended 12 VDC but that was way to bright so I used two 3.7 VDC power supplies that had from my old cell phones

The 2 lights above the Gantry are still have warm white halogen bulbs but U have more LED panels on order

Re: Boba Debt's Collection - War Machine Cabinet Update Post # 91

Dave, the shelf below the gantry and MKII display, will you be adding anything here? Maybe some 1/4 scale Iron Man busts? :dunno

That shelf has my Meteorite Sphere Collection on it.

Here's an older picture of them:

CUSTOM HALL OF ARMOR UPDATE

I finished my custom Hall of Armor display.

This was my wife's idea and I’m glad she thought of it.

Each bay was modified to sit in a straight line instead of the radius that the factory set up creates.

Currently I have inexpensive re-painted Hasbro Titan Figures displayed in it, but by the end of the year I should have 6 Hot Toys Armors for it.

This thread has a lot of info on how I built this display: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...143782-Hot-Toys-Custom-Hall-of-Armor-Projects

Last edited:
Re: Boba Debt's Collection - Custom Hall of Armor Update Post 94

That is looking really impressive! Great update, man!

Thanks.

Now that this is done I can build the trey ceiling and finish my corner display cabinets.

RED SNAPPER UPDATE

I recently decided to buy Red Snapper based on the pictures people have been posting and the fact that Hot Toys released the wine cellar Hall of Armor Bays and it is established that he will fit in it. I have big plans for that but for now he will just have to hang out in my War Machine Cabinet:

Now I need a Thumper Armor for the other side and I may leave it like this even after I build a Wine Cellar.

Last edited:
Back