Boba Debt's Collection - War Machine Cabinet Update

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boba Debt's Collection - Fire Fly Update Post #1 & #35

Looks amazing Dave :clap awesome work on the hall of armour display brother :rock2

I have been buying accessories for my Armor Testing Work Shop and I’m pretty much done with the exception of finding a triple PC from Primeval.

Here are the accessories from left to right
  • Hot Toys Joker desk Set
  • Real Wood Crates that I made
  • Die cast Snap On Tool Box with 6 die cast tools, and working drawers and lid
  • 2 original tables with little boxes that I found at Staples
  • Another real wood crate

On the platform with Tony
  • Single primeval PC

I’m not sure if this works or if it’s too much. When I take something away it seems to leave a huge bare spot.

This looks awesome. I really like the custom made crates mate. Might have to place an order with you someday once I start putting my 1/6th collection on display.
TeFhv.gif

I have been buying accessories for my Armor Testing Work Shop and I’m pretty much done with the exception of finding a triple PC from Primeval.

Here are the accessories from left to right
  • Hot Toys Joker desk Set
  • Real Wood Crates that I made
  • Die cast Snap On Tool Box with 6 die cast tools, and working drawers and lid
  • 2 original tables with little boxes that I found at Staples
  • Another real wood crate

On the platform with Tony
  • Single primeval PC

I’m not sure if this works or if it’s too much. When I take something away it seems to leave a huge bare spot.

Excellent Setup and Pic's, Boba, Impressive Posts

Re: Boba Debt's Collection - Stark Armor testing Shop Post 20 & 40

WAR MACHINE DISPLAY CABINET

This started as an entertainment center that I built in the 1990s.

When we did the mega den reno I turned it into a computer desk. I used it to display my meteorites and miscellaneous items but it never really had a purpose. Then the die cast line came out and I knew this cabinet would be perfect for the War machine Collection that I planned to buy

Once I had a few of the items that I wanted I had to re-work the cabinet and this is what I came up with:

I removed the doors

Then I modified the original shelves by routing the cut out pattern and then I used expanded metal mesh as a floor to let the light through.

I also installed Hardi-Backer Board on the back walls, I like the design and by painting it a neutral color the figures stand out more.

Then I installed the lights

Here are some individual pictures

The War Machine Mark 2 Shelf. My first pre-order from Side Show and the way it was handled has made me a customer for life.

The Iron Patriot Shelf, War Machine Unleashed is sitting on it while I wait for my IP. Once I have it, he will move to the Gantry

The Gantry Shelf, I just had to have this to display the my Unleashed War Machine

Some other pictures

The costume Helmets are just place holders for the prop quality helmets that I have on order and the Titans were supposed to be shelf fillers until I could figure out what I wanted to put there but I think I like them.

Now I can concentrate on my 1/6 scale HOA cabinet while I wait for the rest of my pre-ordered items to come.

This looks awesome. I really like the custom made crates mate. Might have to place an order with you someday once I start putting my 1/6th collection on display.
TeFhv.gif

Thanks but those crates are not very cost effective. I spent a couple hours making them because they are built just like a full scale crate. I would not want to make more of them.

Excellent Setup and Pic's, Boba, Impressive Posts

Thanks

Re: Boba Debt's Collection - War Machine Cabinet Post 47

Thanks, that has weight coming from you :)

Thank you.

Now that this is done I'm kind of bored. I guess I'll have to work on the other rooms in the house.

The lighted display looks fantastic!

Thanks

Lighting is pretty important and easily overlooked.

Interested to see what room you'll work on next? Do you have more Collectibles to display Dave?

My next collectable project will be a modification of our entertainment center to also act as a display for p to 13 1/6 scale Hall of Armor Bays.

That is a down the road a ways so for now I'll just finish up the Master Bath and upstairs hall.

Thanks

I can't wait to replace the cheap space holders with the better items.

The $20 costume helmets will be replaced with prop quality helmets I'm hoping they do a die cast Hot Rod (War Machine 2 Re-paint) then I can have IP and Hot Rod on the bottom shelves and War Machine Mark 1 and Mark 2 on the top shelves with the Mark 2 Unleashed figure in the Gantry :)

Back