Bmutha's Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool statue man. Never been one for dinosaurs but I can appreciate a good looking sculpt when I see one. Kids must be ecstatic

C'mon, everyone likes dinosaurs!

I'm not going to run out and buy the whole dinosauria line or anything, but this stegosaurus is one cool looking piece in person. My two year old wants to hold it so bad!

Last edited:
Updated view of the collection room, including the Devourer of Worlds.

IMG_3246-001.JPG

Very clean, good classy display.
The Pax lights are very bright.
Is there an SKU # you have so I can look them up?

Very clean, good classy display.
The Pax lights are very bright.
Is there an SKU # you have so I can look them up?

Thanks, my man..means a lot from a guy with one of the best collections going!

Those lights are the komplement LED's from ikea (https://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/40163844/). They come in different lengths to suit the different sizes of PAX units. The lights pretty much cost more than the shelves themselves, but worth it in the end!

Alright, here are some shots of my Dilophosaurus maquette.

This is a piece that I won from the recent "Fossil Day" contest from Sideshow.

This is the exclusive version, which comes with a separate skull fossil...which is probably the part I like the best. The skull looks really, really nice.

I can honestly say that this is not a piece I would have bought on my own...given its size, it's probably a little over priced. But, since I got it for free, I can say that I'm glad to have it. It's a nicely detailed piece. I like the color on the male's head fins. There are a couple sloppy bits of paint, notably on the edges of the base...but, since I paid almost nothing for this (I did have to pay for shipping), I can live with it.

Overall, very nice piece.

IMG_8933-001.JPG

IMG_8935-002.JPG

IMG_8942-001.JPG

IMG_8950-001.JPG

IMG_8953-001.JPG

IMG_8959-001.JPG

IMG_8948-001.JPG

The frames themselves were $160 CAD (these are for the shorter PAX). The two acrylic panels were $170 total. So the total cost of the doors were about the same as the door with the ikea inserts.

The frames you bought came with the cross pieces as well right? You just didn't put them in, right? Just wanting to make sure im fully understood on this before i buy my unit for my new place.

The frames you bought came with the cross pieces as well right? You just didn't put them in, right? Just wanting to make sure im fully understood on this before i buy my unit for my new place.

Yes, exactly. The horizontal cross pieces are only there to hold the glass, and don't add any stability to the door itself. Since you're not using glass, just leave those pieces out. If you look at my pics, you might be able to see the holes on the inside edge of the frames where the cross pieces would go.

IMG_8544-001.JPG

Last edited:
Finally got around to completing the sacred trio (Spidey, Venom, Carnage)...picked up myself a Carnage (EX, no less). This is a really nice piece. I remember seeing this one on display at Comic-Con...and looking at the three objectively...it was then and is now maybe the most impressive of the three. The tentacles and the glossy black look great.

IMG_9062-001.JPG

IMG_9063-001.JPG

IMG_9064-001.JPG

IMG_9070-001.JPG

IMG_9072-001.JPG

IMG_9080-001.JPG

MbG4ldTddtax_WQEy2XCElpvNuaxCJtkVzn4SuFHv-Y=w610-h808-no

While I was moving things around to fit Carnage in, I snapped a few pics of some of my oldies.

First up, Black Spider-Man...my all time favorite super-hero costume, hands down.

IMG_9089-001.JPG

IMG_9090-001.JPG

uBfn23VHo5O5gAK5b2Xd8xpf4H3Ak0UPC4froPdft-8=w807-h808-no

IMG_9097-001.JPG

Finally...the current state of my PAX. I've got another piece on the way that I'll try to squeeze in here as well. I'll hopefully have it in hand next week.

IMG_9134-001.JPG

Wonderful Collection. Where can I buy the custom chalice by Invictus Designs?

Invictus-designs.com is the website, although last time I checked, their site was under construction. They are based out of Spain.

I think I have the guy's email address kicking around somewhere, so PM me if you are interested.

Back