Bmutha's Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Invictus-designs.com is the website, although last time I checked, their site was under construction. They are based out of Spain.

I think I have the guy's email address kicking around somewhere, so PM me if you are interested.

actually the owner of invictus designs is my friend, and the one who sold me doom, his id here on the forums is carlosboqueria.

btw, love those carnage pic's. i am looking for him right now :)

actually the owner of invictus designs is my friend, and the one who sold me doom, his id here on the forums is carlosboqueria.

btw, love those carnage pic's. i am looking for him right now :)

Thanks for the compliments, my friend.

If you have an in with Invictus, do yourself a favour and pick up the custom chalice. I know you have the EX already, but no reason Doom can't pimp with both hands!

In 300 years in the book "History of Kick-*** Nerds" there will be a chapter called Bmutha: ZOMGZOMGZOMG

I'm floored at your collection, Sir.

Latest addition is an odd one, at least for me. This is a character that I never paid any attention to growing up...hardly knew he existed, to be honest.

But, I have a 2 year old son, and together we watched the entire series of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (great series, by the way...wish they didn't cancel it).

And I saw this scene:

0neAHGT.gif

Instantly made me a fan!

Then, of course there is this teaser for the upcoming movie:

antman.gif

So, I ended up picking up this Bowen Ant Man Deluxe Edition. This is my one and only Bowen piece, and I generally don't care for Bowen, but this piece is an exception. The smaller scale actually works well with my other pieces (let's face it, if there is one character where scale is not an issue, it's Ant Man). The paint and quality on this look really good to me. Nice clean sculpt and clean paint app. I love, love, love the growing/shrinking appearance given by the two smaller figures.

Hank Pym as a character still leaves me a bit confused (Ant Man, Giant Man, Goliath, Yellow Jacket etc), but he's a character I am now pretty intrigued by.

Any way, enough with the rambling...here are the pics:

IMG_9248-002.JPG

IMG_9265-001.JPG

IMG_9276-001.JPG

IMG_9278-001.JPG

IMG_9288-001.JPG

IMG_9252-001.JPG

IMG_9268-001.JPG

I'm seriously tempted to pick up a Hawkeye now:

avengers-223-best-comic-cover.jpg

Last edited:
wow man, both gifs, before showing that statue, and then the statue, speechless.
saw him before on one of those avengers comic movies. but never really liked him till now.

Aw dude... I didnt know you were going deluxe with Antman! Ive been after that one for awhile but people want too much damn money for it! Such an awesome Bowen piece B. Congrats man

Aw dude... I didnt know you were going deluxe with Antman! Ive been after that one for awhile but people want too much damn money for it! Such an awesome Bowen piece B. Congrats man

You know it...deluxe all the way! Took me a while to find it. It wasn't cheap, but I got it from a fellow board member for much less than I had seen it anywhere previously.

Congrats Kris on some awesome additions pal :clap

Congrats bro!

Thanks, guys...much appreciated.

Love the photography in here. You have great taste and an excellent display. :duff

How much was it if you don't mind me asking? Would love to get my hands on one of these.

I got it for a little under 7 bills, plus shipping. It's a pricey piece, but it's damn hard to find. I hadn't seen t for under $900, so I pulled the trigger. It's a smaller piece, but damn, is it ever nice in hand.

Love the photography in here. You have great taste and an excellent display. :duff

Thanks, that means a lot. I like to experiment with my wife's camera...I'm not sure that she likes me doing it, but what the heck :hi5:

Just consolidating the "Thor Saga".

These pics are spread over a bunch of earlier posts, so I thought I'd put 'em all here for people to see.

Earlier this year I picked up a grail piece...comic Thor EX! I was so pumped! When I opened it up, I was like...hmmmm, I don't think his leg is supposed to hang there like that:

photo+2.JPG

Sure enough, it was snapped off at the hip. After a long battle with UPS (who clearly damaged it during shipment, but refused to pay out the insurance because "they didn't pack it"), I was pretty much stuck with a damaged Thor.

So, after seeing some pics of customized Thor PF's, and discovering a sculptor/painter not too far from me (driveable distance), I decided to go the customization route.

Not long after I dropped Thor off, I was sent these pics...the damage was worse than I originally thought:

028.jpg

029.jpg

I was ready to cut my losses after seeing those, but, the guy convinced me the statue was still worth saving.

Every once in a while, I got some update pics that had my spirits renewed:

020.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

eEoOzckNWgyIEQB9O3S-WH6w32ZaxqDdTALsfgn4cuQ=w791-h552-no

Then, I got the email that he was ready to pick up. SO, I made the 3 hour drive to get him, and boy, did he turn out great. This modern outfit is my personal favorite Thor costume.

Here it is in all its glory...Modern Thor PF:

IMG_8288-001.JPG

IMG_8257-001.JPG

IMG_8269-001.JPG

Back