Bmutha's Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quick cell phone pic of my new PAX unit:

photo+1-001.JPG

I used the AULI door frames, which can be purchased on their own without the ikea inserts, and bought some full height acrylic panels from a local plastics manufacturer.

Also, here is a pic of the custom display case I had made for Dr. Doom from the same place:

photo+3-001.JPG

(sorry for the crappy cell phone pics...will post better pics later once I finishe re-arranging the room...also, my Besta is for sale...contact me if you are in the Edmonton area and are interested)

Great stuff bud, the Pax looks great. I really like the case for Doom we don't have anyone up here that does that kind of thing so I am going to try to make one myself. We'll see how it turns out. Mind me asking what you paid for that one and that name of the place that did it?

Thanks and congrats again.

Great stuff bud, the Pax looks great. I really like the case for Doom we don't have anyone up here that does that kind of thing so I am going to try to make one myself. We'll see how it turns out. Mind me asking what you paid for that one and that name of the place that did it?

Thanks and congrats again.

I got the case and the panels for the PAX from All West Plastic here in Edmonton. I think they did a nice job and had a pretty quick turnaround time. I believe they will ship stuff, so may be worth checking with them.

The Doom case is 16" deep x 22" wide x 16" high (inside clear dimensions), and cost about $170. The two PAX panels also cost $170 total for the pair.

Damn B Thor looks great buddy.

Thanks, dude. Yeah, the guy did a really nice job on him, and I'm happy he turned out so well. I was so disheartened when the shipment arrived damaged...wasn't sure what I was going to do. The custom wasn't cheap, but at least I was able to salvage the piece.

Thanks, dude. Yeah, the guy did a really nice job on him, and I'm happy he turned out so well. I was so disheartened when the shipment arrived damaged...wasn't sure what I was going to do. The custom wasn't cheap, but at least I was able to salvage the piece.

I honestly prefer your version better. That stinks when stuff ends up damaged.

A quick cell phone pic of my new PAX unit:

photo+1-001.JPG

I used the AULI door frames, which can be purchased on their own without the ikea inserts, and bought some full height acrylic panels from a local plastics manufacturer.

Also, here is a pic of the custom display case I had made for Dr. Doom from the same place:

photo+3-001.JPG

(sorry for the crappy cell phone pics...will post better pics later once I finishe re-arranging the room...also, my Besta is for sale...contact me if you are in the Edmonton area and are interested)

Looking good Bmutha! Your collection is blossoming! Doom looks cool! I told you the custom Pedestal would look ace! Congrats :hi5:

Looking good Bmutha! Your collection is blossoming! Doom looks cool! I told you the custom Pedestal would look ace! Congrats :hi5:

Thanks, man...and thanks for pointing me in the right direction for the custom pedestal, I love it. I'm considering adding some lighting to the Doom case, because it is in a dark corner of the room. I had the fabricators put a small hole in the base of the case so that I could run a cord through.

Looking good. I am going to set up a PAX next. I had 4 cabinets built and ran out of room. How much did the AULI frame cost without the inserts? That is the way I want to go too. Thanks

Looking good. I am going to set up a PAX next. I had 4 cabinets built and ran out of room. How much did the AULI frame cost without the inserts? That is the way I want to go too. Thanks

The frames themselves were $160 CAD (these are for the shorter PAX). The two acrylic panels were $170 total. So the total cost of the doors were about the same as the door with the ikea inserts.

The frames themselves were $160 CAD (these are for the shorter PAX). The two acrylic panels were $170 total. So the total cost of the doors were about the same as the door with the ikea inserts.

Cool, thanks for the info.

doom+lights.JPG

Got the lights installed in my Doom case. Wish it didn't highlight every spec of dust in the case...it's nearly impossible to get it entirely dust free.

Here are a few better pics of the Doom lighting (cleaned out most of the dust...will be impossible to get every spec out of there, even though I'd like to). Still haven't had a chance to break out the good camera, so these still aren't the best quality.

IMG_3220-001.JPG

IMG_3223-001.JPG

And, I also finally have my collection room back in order after installing the PAX. I had to cut down the Expedit shelf under Doom to fit in that space as well (those shelves are cardboard in the middle!!).

IMG_3228-001.JPG

IMG_3230-001.JPG

IMG_3225-001.JPG

Last edited:
Odd request, but I'd like to see some close ups of your hardover comic collection below the statues. Looks like a great collection of omnibuses

Back