Bmutha's Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Classy!

PeachyCollection.jpg

Loving the progress Pic's, definitely keep them coming. I really like seeing things like this done. I would love to have that kind of talent

Loving the progress Pic's, definitely keep them coming. I really like seeing things like this done. I would love to have that kind of talent

I most certainly will...I love seeing this unfold as well.

To be clear to anyone browsing this thread, I am not performing this custom myself...I hired the services of a talented dude down in Calgary to do this for me. I can't wait to post pics of the finished product.

Not statues, but thought I'd throw these bad boys up here, too. Some of the best of my comic collection:

asm1+large.jpg

asm14.jpg

asm40.jpg

asm238.jpg

asm252.jpg

ASM30098.jpg

ff48.jpg

chew1.jpg

I love statues, but mainly because I read comics.

Statues are lovely, but these Spider-Man comics, especially older issues at 9.0 and above, are just incredible. And the 1st appearance of Silver Surfer at that grade. To have ASM#1 is awesome, but #14 at 9.0!?!!! Just incredible. And the closest I've gotten to #40 is a t-shirt I have with that image on it. Impressed I am.

How did you frame those comics? Did you put the comics in sealed comic plastic bag and then place in standard phot frame? I would like to do something like that in my new man cave soon.

I like your setup bro! It looks clean and well spaced out. I usually dont dig all white display cases but the way you put it together made me change my mind on that.

I love statues, but mainly because I read comics.

Statues are lovely, but these Spider-Man comics, especially older issues at 9.0 and above, are just incredible. And the 1st appearance of Silver Surfer at that grade. To have ASM#1 is awesome, but #14 at 9.0!?!!! Just incredible. And the closest I've gotten to #40 is a t-shirt I have with that image on it. Impressed I am.

Thanks, man. Comics are my first love collecting wise. I am saving up for an Amazing Fantasy 15 (first appearance of Spider-Man, for those who don't know). It'll take me quite a while before I get there, though (if I stopped spending so much on statues, I'd get there a lot quicker...:))

FF48 is first appearance of Galactus, too...love that issue. I have a print of the cover on the wall there...the Galactus Maquette is going right there in front of it, if it ever somes.

How did you frame those comics? Did you put the comics in sealed comic plastic bag and then place in standard phot frame? I would like to do something like that in my new man cave soon.

Those are actually CGC cases. The comics are professionally graded (the number in the top left is the grade, on a 10 point scale). CGC is pretty much accepted as the standard in the comic collecting biz (although, I'm sure some people will dispute that), so you know what you're getting when you buy it...not so ambiguous (although, they are not perfect, I've heard stories of the same book being resubmitted and receiving a totally different grade the second time). The book is pretty much sealed in there so the grade cannot be affected. It can be removed, but you'd have to try real hard.

Edit: Just realized you might have been talking about the prints on the wall? If so, those are actually prints of the covers, not the actual comics themselves. I got them from pictopia back in the day, but I think they went out of business. But, you can check out allposters.com (or .ca depending on where you live). They have tons of Marvel prints you can buy, and they do cheap framing. I have never bought from them, but it looks similar to what pictopia was.

I like your setup bro! It looks clean and well spaced out. I usually dont dig all white display cases but the way you put it together made me change my mind on that.

Thanks, my man. I think the white goes nicely with the paint colour myself.

Where you get those cabinets for your graphic novels?

They are the Expedit units from Ikea. Fairly cheap and easy to put together...and most PF's fit nicely on top.

Last edited:
One more vintage comic I forgot to post earlier...Daredevil 131, first appearance of Bullseye!! This one is awfully tough to find in 9.8 grade.

dd131.jpg

And another...New Mutants 98, first appearance of Deadpool.

nm98.jpg

Last edited:
Green Lantern PF arrived today (errr...yesterday, it's 2:40 in the morning). I love this piece. A lot of people complained about the shiny paint...I think it looks great. I love the light-up feature and the EX hand is amazing. This is a really great piece.

Here are some pics:

IMG_8170-001.JPG

IMG_8171-001.JPG

IMG_8172-001.JPG

IMG_8182-001.JPG

IMG_8186-001.JPG

IMG_8209-001.JPG

IMG_8214-001.JPG

IMG_8183-001.JPG

Last edited:
Congrats on GL bro, I like it too...the light up feature is really really good.

Green Lantern PF arrived today (errr...yesterday, it's 2:40 in the morning). I love this piece. A lot of people complained about the shiny paint...I think it looks great. I love the light-up feature and the EX hand is amazing. This is a really great piece.

Here are some pics:

IMG_8170-001.JPG

IMG_8171-001.JPG

IMG_8172-001.JPG

IMG_8182-001.JPG

IMG_8186-001.JPG

IMG_8209-001.JPG

IMG_8214-001.JPG

A few more with the lights on:

IMG_8212-001.JPG

IMG_8192-001.JPG

Congrats for GL man ;)

Great score on GL Bmutha. I've got the Reg ordered with a UK reseller so I've still got a long wait, especially with Reg being delayed.

Great score on GL Bmutha. I've got the Reg ordered with a UK reseller so I've still got a long wait, especially with Reg being delayed.

You'll love it. It's a great piece. I really like the glossy paint on the suit, and the light-up feature is outstanding.

Back