Blue or Brown?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which did you order?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Blue, that's what I see in the movie. :dunno

HJ02.jpg

92040-that-belongs-in-a-museum-gif-I-AhR4.gif

Surprising that Blue seems to pulling ahead in the poll.

Roughly half say Blue, a bit over a third say Brown.

Wonder if SSC should have made the exclusive brown and the regular blue.

They made 2 ex, one blue and one brown. The ex is the clean portrait.

They are both ex's in terms of no headgear sculpt but brown coat you can buy everywhere, blue coat is ex at SSC.

What I meant was if blue is topping the poll, SSC should have made blue available everywhere and the brown be ex to SSC.

And making the screen accurate one an exclusive? I already find disturbing the 2ex thing. Provably the best choice would have been 2 regulars (brown and blue) and the ex with both and the clean head: everyone picks his favorite parka and the ex has everything.

And making the screen accurate one an exclusive? I already find disturbing the 2ex thing. Provably the best choice would have been 2 regulars (brown and blue) and the ex with both and the clean head: everyone picks his favorite parka and the ex has everything.

Opinions are the ultimate exclusive.:lol

Ordered blue. Watched the movie again tonight and while it does look both colors, the majority of the time it looks blue and as that's how I always remembered him looking and how I think he looks better.....blue it is :lecture

Ordered blue. Watched the movie again tonight and while it does look both colors, the majority of the time it looks blue and as that's how I always remembered him looking and how I think he looks better.....blue it is :lecture

Rory........ 1
Wor-gar... 0

:monkey3

Brown. I am glad we get the chance to get either, but for me the accurate one is the only way to go.

Hey guys, fyi I ordered the new star wars costumes book and it shows Han solo hoth coat and the manufacture and it also explaines that the coat is BROWN but due to filming and lighting it sometimes shows as blue in screen but the original was brown. Please dont hate me. lol

Will try to pick up a brown coat down the line, but for now blue is more fun for me and matches what I remember seeing on screen.

Just re-watched ESB and it definitely shows up brown in a couple of shots but otherwise appears blue the majority of the time due to overall tint.

In short; I do believe the costume was brown, but my primary nostalgia-want factor says blue.

Hey guys, fyi I ordered the new star wars costumes book and it shows Han solo hoth coat and the manufacture and it also explaines that the coat is BROWN but due to filming and lighting it sometimes shows as blue in screen but the original was brown. Please dont hate me. lol

Will try to pick up a brown coat down the line, but for now blue is more fun for me and matches what I remember seeing on screen.

Just re-watched ESB and it definitely shows up brown in a couple of shots but otherwise appears blue the majority of the time due to overall tint.

In short; I do believe the costume was brown, but my primary nostalgia-want factor says blue.

"As a result of extensive postproduction color grading on Empire, the anorak (coat) appeared to be navy on screen." - Star Wars Costumes

Back