Media Bloodborne - PS4 Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seem to be the only person that finds the game much easier than Dark Souls? If you are having trouble finding lanterns, a good way to make progress is to look for shortcuts back to the original lantern that you spawned at . Easier said than done but some parts you can run passed enemies.

As kind of a newcomer to the dark souls/demon souls style gameplay I'm actually quite surprised how well I'm doing. That's not to say I don't die, but I think this game is all about calculating risks and taking your time feeling out areas before venturing too deeply. I find myself kind of probing into areas and accumulating blood echoes, leveling up back in the dream and then venturing out again.

All in all having a very good time with the game. Have yet to try multiplayer though.

As kind of a newcomer to the dark souls/demon souls style gameplay I'm actually quite surprised how well I'm doing. That's not to say I don't die, but I think this game is all about calculating risks and taking your time feeling out areas before venturing too deeply. I find myself kind of probing into areas and accumulating blood echoes, leveling up back in the dream and then venturing out again.

All in all having a very good time with the game. Have yet to try multiplayer though.

This is very much how I play too. At the forest area. Its hard as hell but so fun. I had to invite a friend to help me defeat the Blood starved beast. He helped a lot but he died, I went in to kill the boss. He then asked me to do the same for him. I died and then so did he.

Yeah, I will say this is probably easier than Demon or Dark Souls, but it sure has its moments. Only time I felt a little lost was the Forbidden Forest. Still not sure I've seen all of it, but probably close....

Got the key for the next area so no bug for me.

This is my first Souls / rogue like game, I'm used to hard games I grew up on games like Ninja Gaiden etc but this game is on another level difficulty wise. I've died about 7 times in central yarnham but each time I was finding a new path or gate to open now I've fought all the enemies and defeated them once since then I haven't died once. I love this game it's absolutely brutal but once you advance you feel so accomplished. Now I'm level 17 and going to fight Cleric Beast.

Also anyone know where is another location of a lantern I'm still using the main central yarnham lantern although i do have elevator unlocked.

Also anyone know where is another location of a lantern I'm still using the main central yarnham lantern although i do have elevator unlocked.

Off the top of my head:

Inside clinic
Outside clinic, up ladder (main one for most of level)
Across Bridge (once you fight Cleric)
Graveyard area (once you fight another boss)

Think I am missing one

Haven't found clinic yet or graveyard.
Did open gate to what I'm thinking might be Gascoigne's area so I'm not going any further there yet as I want to fight cleric beast first.
Also What's a good level to fight Gascoigne? Should I just grind until level 20 something?

Did open gate to what I'm thinking might be Gascoigne's area so I'm not going any further there yet as I want to fight cleric beast first.
Also What's a good level to fight Gascoigne? Should I just grind until level 20 something?

You don't really need the level grinding, just learn how to use the gun for stopping attacks (that's what the fight should teach you). The fastest way to deal more damage is upgrading your weapon anyways, so levelling won't do much difference at the moment. good luck!

Yeah, I will say this is probably easier than Demon or Dark Souls, but it sure has its moments. Only time I felt a little lost was the Forbidden Forest. Still not sure I've seen all of it, but probably close....

Got the key for the next area so no bug for me.

Maybe that's because those two games were your first "soul's experience". My first was Dark Souls, and that's my favourite/most difficult soul's game (**** you Ornstein & Smough). I felt Demon Soul's was easy compared to Dark, but bloodborne idk man... Bosses were TOUGH (at least for me). Not done yet, I'm with the wet nurse but there have been more than a couple of bosses that if I hadn't been playing co-op I know they would have been a real pain in the ass, tougher than Demon's or DS2 bosses.

I do recall that I played Demon and Dark Souls for over 100 hours each; first game(s) in which i spent that much time............only played them once each, though. Going to replay Dark Souls 1 on 360 once done with Bloodborne. Skipped Dark Souls 2, but going to play the PS4 version when it hits

Tried to do some co-op last night: the framerate was horrific.

I do recall that I played Demon and Dark Souls for over 100 hours each; first game(s) in which i spent that much time............only played them once each, though. Going to replay Dark Souls 1 on 360 once done with Bloodborne. Skipped Dark Souls 2, but going to play the PS4 version when it hits

Tried to do some co-op last night: the framerate was horrific.

I really miss the depth in builds and weapon variety and I believe that makes bloodborne less interesting for investing that much time (unlike DS), I also miss the rewards you used to got from beating bosses (cool spells and weapons from Boss souls). I'm at the last boss atm, idk if I'm gonna try NG+ but so far I've enjoyed this game a lot, It has the 2nd spot on my soul's list.

The clinic is where you first wake up. The next lantern is where the Cleric Beast is, but it's useless, there's nothing over there. The first useful one is after you defeat Gascoigne, which by the way there's an elevator that will take you to him much faster. There's shortcuts to pretty much every boss.

awesome; found him hard. About 50 hours in, and taking a break............

I read about taking him down with the flamethrower and with that plus the bone marrow? potion he wasnt too bad. Took about 65% of his health down before he transported. After that it just took time to wear him down bit by bit. Beat him on the third try. Did you spare the old man in the chair prior to the fight? I heard he gives a gift but havent heard what it was.

Just beat the game, damn that "last boss" made me remember Gwyn...he made me his ***** for a couple of hours :). Amazing game!

I wish I would have the time.. but that game being so difficult and retry things so many times.. takes away the fun factor for my limited time I have to spend on playing .. I love the gameplay and the game design ..but I doubt I will keep playing

Back