Media Bloodborne - PS4 Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I unlocked the platinum for this one at the weekend and received the platinum theme code today. :yess: Definitely my favourite game released on the new systems.

This game is amazing, it's personally one of my all time favorites. This was my first time playing a souls game and I loved every second of it. I picked up Dark Souls 2 SOTFS on PS4 and I'm almost done with that one now, almost as good as bloodborne but I preferred the combat and world of bloodborne more. I've never pre-ordered a video game before but I pre-ordered Dark Souls 3, it's easily my most anticipated release of anything this year. This series has pretty much taken over my gaming life lol

But I don't think you're going to find much of a community here for these games, the reddit forums for these are pretty popular though.

I liked Bloodborne but i like DS 1 and 2 way more. Im one of the few people who like DS2 more than 1. I actually think Bloodborne was a step backwards for the franchise as it took about 65% of the combat out of the game that was the fun part of the souls games. it also rewards bad players by just spamming attacks to get your life back. In the souls games you sometimes need to spend up to 40 seconds reading an enemies attacks constantly dodging, blocking with the shield just so you could roll out of the way and hope you could heal. This game just trains you to not plan any battles beyond the initial altercation because as soon as you are hit you just basically tank enemies until either you or they go down. Cant wait for DS 3. Though even then im a bit worried that it looks too much like Bloodborne. The character is way too fast, the settings look very gothic and the enemies move like bloodborne enemies ( elastic, stretchy and hard to read )

I liked Bloodborne but i like DS 1 and 2 way more. Im one of the few people who like DS2 more than 1. I actually think Bloodborne was a step backwards for the franchise as it took about 65% of the combat out of the game that was the fun part of the souls games. it also rewards bad players by just spamming attacks to get your life back. In the souls games you sometimes need to spend up to 40 seconds reading an enemies attacks constantly dodging, blocking with the shield just so you could roll out of the way and hope you could heal. This game just trains you to not plan any battles beyond the initial altercation because as soon as you are hit you just basically tank enemies until either you or they go down. Cant wait for DS 3. Though even then im a bit worried that it looks too much like Bloodborne. The character is way too fast, the settings look very gothic and the enemies move like bloodborne enemies ( elastic, stretchy and hard to read )

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE both games, but I do prefer the fast pace action to Bloodborne than the slower sword and shield approach to Dark Souls 2. From what I've read of the director or creative behind the souls series is that he never wanted to make a sequel to anything, every game was to supposed to be a new stand alone experience but yet feel familiar if you've played the others. And to his credit he did go from Demon Souls to Dark Souls to Bloodborne and then he came back for Dark Souls 3. I will play Demon and Dark Souls and I'm going to guess that they feel different from one another. I think that's why this franchise has a bit of a divide with the community, I personally can't say that I think any one game is better because I think so far from what I've played the games have been perfect in their own right.

Dark Souls 3 looks to be stepping in the Bloodborne direction with the faster combat and the way the enemy's move like you said but it does look like it'll retain enough of Dark Souls with the sword and shield play to appeal to both fan bases. I will say that Dark Souls adds alot more variety with it's character creation and they way it allows the players to play, such as magic, daggers, swords and shields. Bloodborne only really had one way to play, and that was through weapon combat, I don't think you'd ever be able to take down a boss with the magic in Bloodborne.

I played Demon Souls and loved it but I haven't ever bee. Able to beat any Dark Souls game. I just didn't care for them as much but man Bloodborne rocks. Haven't played anything this Gen that even compares.

Bloodborne was my first too and it was the Gothic horror setting that drew me to it. I can’t wait for Dark Souls 3 and will go back and play the others when I get the chance. I started playing Salt and Sanctuary after finishing up Bloodborne and that’s a fun 2D souls like game. You even get a Hunter class.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE both games, but I do prefer the fast pace action to Bloodborne than the slower sword and shield approach to Dark Souls 2. From what I've read of the director or creative behind the souls series is that he never wanted to make a sequel to anything, every game was to supposed to be a new stand alone experience but yet feel familiar if you've played the others. And to his credit he did go from Demon Souls to Dark Souls to Bloodborne and then he came back for Dark Souls 3. I will play Demon and Dark Souls and I'm going to guess that they feel different from one another. I think that's why this franchise has a bit of a divide with the community, I personally can't say that I think any one game is better because I think so far from what I've played the games have been perfect in their own right.

Dark Souls 3 looks to be stepping in the Bloodborne direction with the faster combat and the way the enemy's move like you said but it does look like it'll retain enough of Dark Souls with the sword and shield play to appeal to both fan bases. I will say that Dark Souls adds alot more variety with it's character creation and they way it allows the players to play, such as magic, daggers, swords and shields. Bloodborne only really had one way to play, and that was through weapon combat, I don't think you'd ever be able to take down a boss with the magic in Bloodborne.
Thats pretty much why... well i wont say i dislike bloodborne, i completed it 3 times but why i dont like what it done in regards to gameplay.

In Dark souls the build you aim for can make the game completely different. A magic weilder game is far different than mele combat. Hell, you can have vastly different mele combat builds. My current build in DS 2 which im casually playing through again is Havells armor, havells shield and i switch between which ultra greart swords i use depending on the area. Im an overpowered tank pretty much. But in the prior build i used a light shield and the enchanted falchion as a homage to my DS1 first build.

You canplay DS games like a bloodborne character ( even using a ring of the evil eye to get life back as you attack hordes of enemies ) but you cant play bloodborne like a souls game ( even though you get 2 shield varients in the dlc ).

The outfits in DS werenot only vastly different visually, but they heavily affected your gameplay too. It was all about fashion in bloodborne, or as disguise to talk to an NPC but thats about it. The stats were barely of any importance

Thats pretty much why... well i wont say i dislike bloodborne, i completed it 3 times but why i dont like what it done in regards to gameplay.

In Dark souls the build you aim for can make the game completely different. A magic weilder game is far different than mele combat. Hell, you can have vastly different mele combat builds. My current build in DS 2 which im casually playing through again is Havells armor, havells shield and i switch between which ultra greart swords i use depending on the area. Im an overpowered tank pretty much. But in the prior build i used a light shield and the enchanted falchion as a homage to my DS1 first build.

You canplay DS games like a bloodborne character ( even using a ring of the evil eye to get life back as you attack hordes of enemies ) but you cant play bloodborne like a souls game ( even though you get 2 shield varients in the dlc ).

The outfits in DS werenot only vastly different visually, but they heavily affected your gameplay too. It was all about fashion in bloodborne, or as disguise to talk to an NPC but thats about it. The stats were barely of any importance

The one thing I did like about fashionborne was that a lot of armor sets went together pretty well and the mix and match was more diverse if you wanted a character that looked cool. I personally don't read into armor stats for my characters as I do just like to wear what I think looks cool. But there's definitely a lot more variety in Dark Souls and your build can greatly determine what you can and cannot wear. I'm on my first play through with DS2 and I have a heavy strength and endurance build. I have 40 strength, 30 endurance so I can wear heavier armor sets, such as the dark armor leggings and mask along with the Forlorn armor and gauntlets while being equipped with the Smiter demon great sword, Manslayer katana, dragonrider bow, and be armed with a shield and still be able fast roll.

There is a certain sense of accomplishment in building a character like that because it takes a lot of work, time, and patience to get there which is sadly missing from Bloodborne. All character builds do play the same in Bloodborne with the exception of Beasthood Rune and the Milkweed Rune, which don't require builds but rune slots to accomplish, but they are pretty cool, well at least the beasthood rune is, I don't really care for the milkweed rune lol

I'm on my first play through with DS2 and I have a heavy strength and endurance build. I have 40 strength, 30 endurance so I can wear heavier armor sets, such as the dark armor leggings and mask along with the Forlorn armor and gauntlets while being equipped with the Smiter demon great sword, Manslayer katana, dragonrider bow, and be armed with a shield and still be able fast roll.
This is my dude, kinda. The stats are a bit jiggled around for what i usually have due to the rings i prefer for that area (ones that dont add stats to the character, but a gimmick ect )

guxZi7b.png

This is my dude, kinda. The stats are a bit jiggled around for what i usually have due to the rings i prefer for that area (ones that dont add stats to the character, but a gimmick ect )

guxZi7b.png

You're stats are INSANE lol that endurance is sky high, and I thought mine was high, I assume that's for shield blocking so you don't get staggered? That's a smart move, I might give that a go in my next play through. I also really hate that armor, not because I think it looks bad, that's part of the three player boss level in Crown of the Sunken King, and I ****ing hated that guy and his damn shield. I think he's also in one of the dark areas you need to burn an Effigy to get to. That armor's just been a big pain in my ass lol

The armor is butt ugly, but its from DS1 and ive got a sentiment attached to it !

The stamina +end is pretty high because of the shield, but its at that specific number for that particular sword as i can do 7 full sweeping slashes which will wipe out any crowd you are surrounded by.Also in pvp usually people do slash slash back away ect, i hate pvp but my tactic tends to be slash slash slash ( player thinks im done with my 3 hit combo as great swords take alot of stamina ) and i hope for the 4th hit to shock them in to dodge rolling backwards and another 3 to get lucky hits or take down significant health

... and it helps being able to speed run everywhere with the stamina when you know where you are going. The armor im using, with the equip load does require high stats though or you walk at a snails pace with 0 rolling

I doubt it but I hope they announce Bloodborne 2 at this year's E3 or later. One the best games I've played this gen.

I doubt it but I hope they announce Bloodborne 2 at this year's E3 or later. One the best games I've played this gen.

It's one of the best games period, I just finished my 5th play through, working on my 6th (great time to do it as the community is doing the return to Yarhnam event for the next two weeks). I don't need a sequel, I just want from software to keep making original games in the vain of SoulsBourne as they have said they are doing. Bloodborne satisfies my gothic horror itch, dark souls scratches the dark fantasy itch and these are thing I never knew I wanted until I played them. With the success of Nioh I hope From and Team Ninja continue the success of these types of games by giving us more games I never knew I wanted.

If you like Souls/Bloodborne you might enjoy the new Zelda, there's very much of that influence there though the combat isn't as good.

Has anyone tried Bloodborne with the PS4 Pro Boost Mode that they added to the console last week? I'm curious if it helps it run better.

If you like Souls/Bloodborne you might enjoy the new Zelda, there's very much of that influence there though the combat isn't as good.

Has anyone tried Bloodborne with the PS4 Pro Boost Mode that they added to the console last week? I'm curious if it helps it run better.

I've got the boost mode on. I've never had a problem with frame dips in bloodborne, only rarely will I get slow down. So far though it seems to run great but yeah the frame thing has never really been an issue for me.

I'm going to get the new Zelda game, I'm just going to wait till I get the switch. It'll be a few months. It does look awesome so I'm long forward to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you've never played a Souls game before, then be aware that some characters in the world are not enemies, you can tell they aren't enemies if you can't lock onto them. I accidentally attacked an NPC early on.
Also, initially you can't upgrade your character, you have to get at least 1 insight for upgrades to be available so it can be difficult in that you can't upgrade to help move on, but once you fight the first boss you get insight and so if you die at that point you can go and start upgrading to help out.

BTW Bloodborne Art book is getting released next week

Back