Media Bloodborne - PS4 Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope its not that hard that its getting frustrating..

Picked up Dark Souls 2 today as bloodborne isn't out until Friday. Cancelling my preorder for this. I see nothing fun about getting killed over and over again.

Game is incredible. Its tough at first, until you start learning enemy patterns...what I really like: go to an area: nothing special. Go to same area later: giant creature that locks you in until the battle is over

Picked up Dark Souls 2 today as bloodborne isn't out until Friday. Cancelling my preorder for this. I see nothing fun about getting killed over and over again.

giphy.gif

Wow some real douchbags on this board. I thought I'd give dark souls a try before buying bloodborne as I heard it's similar. At quarter of the price, I'm the idiot? Don't think so. Saved me money by not getting a game that will annoy the crap out of me . Enjoy dying over and over. Weirdos.

Well the only game where I've died a lot in was evil within. Dark Souls 2 is just ridiculous.

I didnt had much time last night to check it out.. but those little guys gave me the two weapons.. and I see them in my inventory.... but I simply can not figure it out how to equip them..... any help ?

I miss those days of booklets ... where you have a nice print..with a whole manual....

No one called you and idiot, it's just puzzling that you would check out the series at all if you don't like dying a lot.

Maybe he has never played the series, thus not knowing what it is like, thus checking out the gameplay via a game previously released.

I miss those days of booklets ... where you have a nice print..with a whole manual....

Too true.

I bought the game, yet to load it up.
Want to get through Shadow and Unity first.

Wow some real douchbags on this board. I thought I'd give dark souls a try before buying bloodborne as I heard it's similar. At quarter of the price, I'm the idiot? Don't think so. Saved me money by not getting a game that will annoy the crap out of me . Enjoy dying over and over. Weirdos.

I have not played DS2, but have played Dark Souls 1 and Demon Souls, So far, Bloodborne is probably the easier of the three. So, DS2 has the potential of being hard. Shields are your friends in the Dark Souls 1 game.......and I suspect that is the case with part 2.

Best PS4 experience and game of 2015 so far. 9 out 10 across the board pretty much.

I have never played any other souls games. But took on this challenge. I love it.
Turns out, I guess I don't suck as bad at games as I thought.

The hardest part was the first part of the game. Once u learn, master, accept your deaths, get better, it becomes a lot easier and better. Once u get good and honestly, don't play dumb and be patient, you will die less.
I can only guess that those who can't succeed at all, are either not patient enough and rushing, being greedy with trying to get more hits in. When you should be learning to focus, and dodge and roll, and try to master the stun move.
Grind sections and level up if you need to more.

I have the 3rd boss down.

The coop system is great. If you're stuck on a boss, get help.

Practice. And get good. I enjoy the death. It just tells me I was an idiot, stop rushing, take your time, try again. Victory is soooo rewarding.

Why would you get Dark Souls 2 if you don't want to die a lot? It's possibly the easiest of the games, but you're still going to die a lot.

I barely die anymore, unless I know I was being dumb and rushing. Or it's a totally new area and caught off guard and not sure what to do.
Once you die enough and have to REDO a section over and over, there is something magical that happens...oh yeah that's right - YOU GET GOOD AT IT...lol
You know the patterns, the enemies, the layout of the map. You suddenly feel like you are GOOD at this game.

I won't lie the first section of the game literally took me hours, if not ALL day on and off, just to work up to the first boss. That's how bad it was.
After that, I felt I had a grip on the game, mechanics, leveled up, got stronger, better. Now I die less. Heading to the 4th boss.

Most people won't know that feeling because they will quit right away and not push through and take on the challenge.
Back to easy games and click buttons QTE to kill bosses I guess for them.

I didnt had much time last night to check it out.. but those little guys gave me the two weapons.. and I see them in my inventory.... but I simply can not figure it out how to equip them..... any help ?

During the game, press Option, it will bring up the menu where you can select your inventory and stuff, down the list there's slots for your gear, so you can equip your weapons/clothing/quick items there

I barely die anymore, unless I know I was being dumb and rushing. Or it's a totally new area and caught off guard and not sure what to do.
Once you die enough and have to REDO a section over and over, there is something magical that happens...oh yeah that's right - YOU GET GOOD AT IT...lol
You know the patterns, the enemies, the layout of the map. You suddenly feel like you are GOOD at this game.

I won't lie the first section of the game literally took me hours, if not ALL day on and off, just to work up to the first boss. That's how bad it was.
After that, I felt I had a grip on the game, mechanics, leveled up, got stronger, better. Now I die less. Heading to the 4th boss.

Most people won't know that feeling because they will quit right away and not push through and take on the challenge.
Back to easy games and click buttons QTE to kill bosses I guess for them.

I'm still on the first area, but I can get through it all pretty well, just have to beat the first boss. I found out though, if you want to upgrade you can do it after attempting the first boss, you don't have to beat them.

so, feel like I've explored the first area pretty well; one exception: the first locked gate in the little mini cemetery when you first start the game - how the heck do you get in that area?

Back