Statue BLITZWAY- Rocky II - 1/4th scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway- Rocky II 1/4 Superb scale statue

I'm sure Popcultcha will put this up eventually.
Prefer to buy from them when possible now.

At least this piece isn't overly ambitious like their Enter the Dragon Bruce Lee and hence won't suffer from the same sort of issues.

I still enjoy Rocky II, Just prefer I, III, IV and Rocky Balboa. Too many holes in II to stand up to repeated viewing (retires due to the beating he took at the beginning, yet his health issues are never brought up again later-also ignored until much later in the series) and Adrian is just awful in this chapter.
Got to admit, I have a soft spot for Rocky II, probably due to the fact it's the one I watched most often as a kid. As for Adrian being rubbish in it? How dare you!! Adrian in a coma probably stands as the best acting performance of Talia Shire's entire career. :lol The part where she wakes up, Rocky asks if he can do anything for her, and she just say's "Win", with the music building in the background and Mick (in full on Penguin mode) shouting "WHAT'RE WE WAITING FOR?" is a much simpler and far more effective moment than the forced pep talks she gives to Rocky prior to the Clubber/Drago fights.
I also don't see how II is 'full of holes'. I mean, compare it to the third one, which in quick succession sees Rocky being bounced around the ring by Hulk Hogan, discovering that his manager had him fighting deadbeats ever since his title win, being honoured with a giant statue, getting pummelled by a p****d off Mr T, stumbling back to his dressing room to witness the death of his manager, reconciling with his former arch-rival, relearning his entire fighting style, gaining super speed from a bit of skipping and swimming, running up and down a beach without even taking time to stop and laugh at Apollo's little shorts/big socks/bare midriff attire and deliberately allowing Mr T to launch bombs into his body and face until he's out of breath before going 'Aha. Only messing with ya. I was pretending the whole time'.

Yeah if you worry about plot holes too much then your enjoyment of the Rocky series is going to quickly decline :D

Rocky II was silly in that their plan was to switch to orthodox to confuse Apollo. Not only does it apparently only take a few months to learn to fight orthodox well enough to hang with the champion, but apparently the champion will be extremely confused by switching to a fighting style that 98% of his opponents and sparring partners use :D

...and then there is the genre shift where they just became live action cartoons in 4 and 5....

But the two most bizarre events are his son aging a decade during the month he was in Russia (between 4 and 5) and the self healing brain damage (between 5 and 6).

I'm definitely getting this statue, just wish they'd gone with iconic leather coat.
....almost want to see if someone like Kato would be willing to do the leather coat, though we'd all have to break the statue arms to replace the jackets.

I knew someone was going to mention trying to remove the tiger jacket and replace it with the full length black leather jacket from the first movie, which is a look that I love and I wish someone will make someday, unfortunately I don't think changing the jacket is an option, would be cool if you could buy two statues and if it was possible to switch out jackets you could have both looks.

I wish there was an option that didn't include Butkus. Not that its stupid or anything, I'm just sure that he's partially responsible for driving up the cost. Plus it's kind of odd knowing that about $90 is going towards a sculpted dog. :lol

I'll probably place my preorder after the christmas holidays, need the deposit money for gifts.

Anyone else tried to order this directly from Blitzway yet? I placed an order for one the other day (or tried to), submitted the form and then....nothing. Just taken straight back to their front page, no confirmation or acknowledgement of an order being placed as yet.

I ordered from Blitzway direct. Once they confirm your order then they send you invoice for $50 deposit to paypal. You pay the final balance and shipping when its ready to ship.

Anyone else tried to order this directly from Blitzway yet? I placed an order for one the other day (or tried to), submitted the form and then....nothing. Just taken straight back to their front page, no confirmation or acknowledgement of an order being placed as yet.

You are supposed to get an order confirmation pop up. It does say on the website to email their customer service if you don't get the popup. I did the same and they sent me a paypal invoice a few hours later. Looks like a $50 non refundable deposit ordering directly through Blitzway. They said they charge the balance plus shipping when the product is ready.

I ordered from Blitzway direct. Once they confirm your order then they send you invoice for $50 deposit to paypal. You pay the final balance and shipping when its ready to ship.

Yeah, I got the email ths morning. Thanks.

I'm definitely getting this statue, just wish they'd gone with iconic leather coat.
....almost want to see if someone like Kato would be willing to do the leather coat, though we'd all have to break the statue arms to replace the jackets.

Takes more than just the leather jacket if you want the Rocky 1 look.Shirt and shoes needs to be switched out too.The stance is 100% Rocky 2,wouldn't look right if you tried to have a longer leather jacket on him,but that's just me.

Pre-ordered this from Blitzway...I think. I didn't get or see the confirmation pop-up but sent them an e-mail asking for a confirmation or deposit request. Hopefully, I will get a response soon.

This piece is stunning and incredible! Love that they put the dog in, because it tells a history, what Sly had to sacrifice to get the first movie made... he had to sell his dog just to later buy him back for ten amount the price he sold him for or something like that... to see them together is a special moment, those 2 are what made Sly's success, because after Rocky 1 the whole world got to se what Sly was capable of doing... he really loved his dog. Wonderful piece that captures rocky perfectly! Wich the base could have been better or hade something more flashy, and even thought the rocky sculpt is from the second movie they should have just put the name Rocky on the base and not Rocky 2... because it could represent the movie it self, all of them... or only the character. now its like, "oh, its from rocky 2, do you have a sculpt from rocky 1, 3 or 4?

eitherway, I'm buying it for sure! haha, also, they should have included a special gift for those who pre-orders it, like they have on the bruce lee statues.
made a post on our webpage about this statue, check it out ;) www.Domcoola.se

Wow, looks amazing. But like others, I want 1/6, not this.

I like 1/4 for statues a lot better than 1/6, the size is perfect, some collectors even asked for 1/3. 1/6 is best for poseable figures imo.

Wow, looks amazing. But like others, I want 1/6, not this.

Well, I certainly prefer 1/6 (and it makes up the bulk of my collection) but I can appreciate something in a larger scale if the subject is a favourite of mine. Prefer figures over statues too, but I've still been swayed into ordering both this and the 1/4 Peter Venkman in the last week.

Received my invoice and $50 deposit request from Blitzway by e-mail. Paid the deposit. I guess I'm good for now.

Well, I certainly prefer 1/6 (and it makes up the bulk of my collection) but I can appreciate something in a larger scale if the subject is a favourite of mine. Prefer figures over statues too, but I've still been swayed into ordering both this and the 1/4 Peter Venkman in the last week.
Same here. If Venkman was being made by Blitzway, it would be an instabuy from me, but instead I'm expecting something with mediocre paintwork that won't look particularly high end.

Ordered from BBTS...my #1 must get piece for 2016

Back