Blitzway: Kurt Cobain 1:6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seem to be experiencing my first instance of delivery drama with this figure.
Matters are made more concerning since it looks like once it’s gone, it’s long gone.

I’ll give them till tomorrow… then I’ll panic.

Mine just arrived a few hours ago! Yeah, this is a pretty amazing figure! A figure I didn’t even really want* (see final note below).

I feel lucky to have have grabbed one from KG last week in the wee hours of the night. I kept checking every few hours for 3 days, debating whether to settle for Popcultcha or Ebay, then suddenly to my surprise one was available at about 1:30am on Tuesday. Checked out as quickly as I could while toggling between faulty browsers and happily made my purchase. I think I may have gotten their last because I haven’t since seen it go back up for order.

In the end I paid too much - darn KG and their steep shipping rates! - but I’m not stressing over that. I’m just glad I got it at a relatively fair post-preorder price and it arrived in a short week, because I feared if anything went wrong with the delivery there wouldn’t be much chance of getting a replacement anywhere. Not kidding, I spent the week considering placing a second backup order if I saw it available anywhere else.

Blitzway appeared to put their best efforts into this figure. The head sculpts are amazingly lifelike and fantastically painted. I didn’t need a magnifying lens to see how great they were - the sculpts just pop with life and likeness accuracy. I always forget how absolutely thrilling it is to receive two viable head sculpts with a figure set. Reminds me of the old days and the flexibility of having options with a figure. Even though I rarely use the second sculpt for anything, it just feels nice to have it - and to be clear, I’m not talking about faceplates or other alternate face gimmicks, but two full complete head sculpts with hair and everything that shows the sculptor’s dedication to the project and their desire to create various expressions of the character. It always feels like a generous gift when a figure-maker (and their sculptor) grace us 1:6 collectors with swappable heads for alternate display options. Makes the whole expensive purchase feel more substantial and worthwhile.

The talk here of this possibly being one of the best figures of the year are not exaggerations. While there are some nitpicks I think the strengths and everything Blitzway did well outweigh any possible or perceivable faults. The sweater could benefit from the water treatment, but I won’t risk it, and I do believe a smaller narrow shoulder body would have been more fitting than Blitzway’s broad ‘Robert Mitchum’ build. Not complaining though, because everything is mighty fine as it is.

I have to get back to unboxing and checking out all the accessories that it came with. There sure are a lot of cool extras in this set!

You know what? After seeing how this turned out, I wish Blitzway considers doing the Unplugged version in 1:6 scale. I think that would be even better and a great companion piece to this. I'd gladly have this in a standing pose and the Unplugged seated next to it. The blue/grey cardigan look often felt more iconic to me.

* Note: It just occurred to me, this is now my fourth Blitzway figure (set) purchase of a character (or person) I wasn’t even really interested in. Going back to Carlito’s Way, the Fight Club set, Ghostbusters 4-pack (plus Ecto-6) and now Kurt Cobain, these are all characters that have very little meaning to me, but I bought them just because I like Blitzway products and have enough faith in them that they make for enjoyable additions to my collection. Kurt Cobain and Nirvana don’t mean much to me at all, but… here we are! And here I am as a happy collector with what appears to be one of the best high-end 1:6 figures of the year.

Blitzway Kurt Cobain.jpg

Last edited:
still working on this, hair rooting yet to come, but I wanted to share thus far. I reshaped the headstock of the guitar to an accurate fender mustang shape, redid the decal and repainted the wood, and swapped him over to an Inart Joker body, much better proportions and scaling.

bWp3vox.jpg
Wow man this is so much better,is the fender logo a decal ? And the width of the shoulders look perfect ,great work

still working on this, hair rooting yet to come, but I wanted to share thus far. I reshaped the headstock of the guitar to an accurate fender mustang shape, redid the decal and repainted the wood, and swapped him over to an Inart Joker body, much better proportions and scaling.

bWp3vox.jpg

Nice mods. Did you make that Fender decal? Would you be interested in selling them? I wonder how hard it would be to remove and re-attach the strings. As a guitarist myself I think the fret markers may actually start to irk me over time. Overall, I think this is a great looking 1/6 guitar it's a wonder how they missed those.

Oh, and if anyone hasn't watched Dean's 2nd video showing this off in natural lighting check it out.

While you all start to receive and enjoy your Cobains, I’ve been dealing with my local post office who somehow ‘lost’ my package the day they notified me it was due to be delivered (last Tuesday.)

This is most concerning, especially considering I also have InArt Gandalf on the way.
Someone’s gonna pay for this.

Ok, bought an InArt Joker body. Next to portraiture, scale is the most important thing to me. Guh. :lol

Does anyone definitively know how tall Kurt actually was?

There’s so much conflicting information out there. The story of him wrestling Courtney and winning despite being ‘3 inches shorter than her’ doesn’t help matter when she quite clearly only appears taller than him when wearing heels.
Some swear he was 5’7” but that’s just not possible without extreme slouching.
He’s not hugely shorter than Grohl so I’m happy to land on 5’9”
He could maybe appear 5’10” in shoes or sump to 5’8” from the scoliosis and his poor posture, but a figure that equates to being 6’3” and ‘full bodied’ is just wrong.

From what I understand he was 5’7 with the back problems. But prolly closer to 5’9 in reality.

That being said, his daughter is pretty short. Like 5’4 or 5’3 short.

From what I understand he was 5’7 with the back problems. But prolly closer to 5’9 in reality.

That being said, his daughter is pretty short. Like 5’4 or 5’3 short.

5'9 is what you'll find if you Google, but I always imagined him shorter. Maybe it is just the bad posture. I'm sure I come in contact with 5' 9 men all the time and they don't seem as short as Cobain. But then again he is in a band with someone who is 6'7 & another that is 6'0

Back