Statue BLITZWAY- Enter the Dragon- Bruce Lee Tribute 1/3 scale Statue Ver. 2 spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One final visual thought here and I'm done..

I've picked a fairly unglamorous shot in neutral light that most of us have seen to make this as realistic a scenario as possible.

90_zpspk6xq0x7.png

And below I've applied just basic upgrades - no full body repaint.

I've pulled the pants right up at the ankles to expose more of the socks.
This draws attention to the feet and creates more emphasis on the cat walk pose - which is one of the things I really liked about the proto in the first place.
A simple futz that makes a world of difference.

Pants puffed out.

Nipples painted the accurate size - another basic upgrade that makes a huge difference to realism.
Hair strands painted on forehead, sides of face and back of neck.
The guy had dark eyelashes - painting or even just shading the top lid creates depth to the eyes and improves further an already great likeness.
It's an essential mod IMO.

Removed the decals (assuming they can be) and painted cuts in correct colour and spacing.

And that's it.
A bit of careful and select paintwork but not a full repaint. Some futzing of the pants and just general close attention to detail and accuracy to match the film.
Hopefully most of this is achievable for those who are game and interested in enhancing their statue.
Essentially they are subtle changes but they add up to a more definitive ETD piece IMO.

See what you think.

Test5b_zpszljfh9oe.jpg
[/URL]

c'mon it's eye liner larry:). I think Tyderium is just saying some subtle shading or if your good darker lashes,will add extra dimension to the sculpt.but yeah it could look kinda eyeshadow-ish if you messed it up.one for the brave I think.
I draw the line at lipstick though,unless it's black with added smile lines:lol.

Added mascara?

No worries, a fair call.
I exaggerated the effect because sometimes the subtle mods won't show up in online pics as they would on the piece in hand.
I've now lessened the effect in the pic but it's still there.

At any rate, just adding even very subtle shading / lashes improves the likeness on this IMO.
The production eyes appear to have nothing and it creates a bit of that cartoony look.
I think out of the box the statue is looking like a toy - not helped by the paint apps and decals.
I feel these mods, some of them minor, bring it to another level of accuracy and realism.

Not for everyone, but doing these visual mods has helped me see the potential in a piece I have been very disillusioned about.

This time round, I feel that the ETD Statue is abit "Plastic" feels, the skin tone is too "shining", still prefer GOD version as it looks more natural in the skin tone.

Still feels that abit pricey but willing to pay for it as I'm Fan & collector for Bruce Lee. :rotfl

I like the angle of this shot,shows some definition around the torso and arms.so that's a plus:)
downside is looking at the head the light appears to catch a big spot of sweat,and what's with the shiny palm??looks kinda plastic.:dunno
perhaps your going to have to ''touch'' this up to get it looking right...not good:(

No worries, a fair call.
I exaggerated the effect because sometimes the subtle mods won't show up in online pics as they would on the piece in hand.
I've now lessened the effect in the pic but it's still there.

At any rate, just adding even very subtle shading / lashes improves the likeness on this IMO.
The production eyes appear to have nothing and it creates a bit of that cartoony look.
I think out of the box the statue is looking like a toy - not helped by the paint apps and decals.
I feel these mods, some of them minor, bring it to another level of accuracy and realism.

Not for everyone, but doing these visual mods has helped me see the potential in a piece I have been very disillusioned about.
I think it might be difficult to show the eyelash edit you did, to such a small pic of the sculpt like that, & make it look natural, while trying to get your point across. Done right, peeps might not even notice a difference at that distance. Even to a full blown close up pic of the sculpt, it might only need a subtle touch to the eyelash area.

With this pic of the proto, I don't even know where the eyelashes are, but because of the strength of everything else, one might not even notice that. I think the shadow kinda helps though.

BruceleeVer2_BLITZWAY_11_zps7f52a753.jpg

Since we're on the topic of eyelashes, I think the best mass produced Bruce Lee sculpt (as far as likeness goes) released even has a bit too much eyeliner (thank you Chris :lol). I think I mentioned it before in one of the Bruce Lee threads, but I think nobody was really agreeing with me on that :lol I still see it though.

bruce-lee-quotes.jpg

my pleasure larry.....I don't use it myself though.......honestly:lol
I think the shading over and under the eyebrows on the proto helps,whereas the released version does looks toyish compared to that.
I don't think anyone is going to be overly happy with this straight out of the box. so it's a toughie this one.make do or get your art kit out.

if someone wants to photoshop this,and add darker/thicker eyebrows nearer the eyes (proto seems nearer)
and more shading to the stubble,that may be interesting.

Last edited:
It's a piece one might be happy enough to own, but not overly happy to pay for. Of course opinions might vary on that, & there might be some who are super eager to throw their money at the production piece for all I know. For some (maybe you included Chris, I'm not sure), this piece was meant to be "it" as far as collecting Bruce Lee figures/statues goes, at least for a few years anyway.

yup larry apart from maybe a great lifesize bust this was ''the one''.i have what I think is a very nice collection,and costing is getting to be an issue these days.
I fell lucky on this one cost wise,so even though this looks like being a ''nice'' statue,it's not what I was hoping for.if I had to guess I think you and a few others will pass on this...after GOD it's a bit of a shame blitzway haven't produced their described statue.

Here is your photo Chris.
Added eyelashes, slightly darker brows and stubble only, plus very subtle skin markings.

w_zpstd1ogudd.jpg

Subtle improvement. It can be the little things sometimes.

Are the eyes flat black? Or are the pupils & irises painted in them? On the actual product I mean.

Several pages back a picture shows a close up of them. They are 2tone not sure if their painted or decal's Larry.

Chris that photo you posted with the up-shooting light was interesting, bit grainy but the musculature is being defined a little more than in other pics we've seen.

The skin tone actually doesn't feel too bad in that pic either.
I just wish I could see it in hand to see what the real skin tone is and whether the decals are removable.
Those things will determine if I pick this up or not.

Below I've done the ankles, pants, nipples, hair, eyelashes and cuts.
If I could get the statue to look like this I'd be pretty happy.

Test6_zpsvzokuc1x.jpg

Nice.i think lighting is going to be helpful in displaying this. I'm guessing the skin tone is going to be a little darker than that headshot I posted. If lucky some little shading. But I think you're right in saying "touch up required ".

Back