Statue BLITZWAY- Enter the Dragon- Bruce Lee Tribute 1/3 scale Statue Ver. 2 spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In some of these shots with flat lighting there is nowhere to hide and it looks like a plastic toy.
Shots employing nice shadowing present a better impression of this, as do the full body shots rather than the close ups.
The depth of field is making the hands look a little goofy.
The lack of finesse with the cuts is kind of staggering on something at this price point considering other figures costing much less have it more accurate.
I much prefer ETD, but out of the box this is not competing with BW GOD IMO.
I think the realism gap between detailing or not detailing this piece will be fairly vast.

Gotta agree with you there on pretty much everything really. In some of these pictures, the body does come off as plastic looking. I think it's the very smooth surface of the skin. Would've been nice if there was some slight texture to give it more of a grainy appearance. Cuts also should have been done better for such an expensive piece.

I still want this, but I do agree with you that out of the box the GoD looks a little better (well, more realistic anyway).

I generally prefer figures/statues that are clothed anyway. Gives a sense of realism that you don't get with sculpted pieces.

I think the GOD has a more museum display feel than this,i think the sweat effect as well as smooth effect on the skin not to mention the cuts(oops)are letting this down.it may look better in hand,but not by that much.either way it's not blitzway's finest hour.

Funny, in most of these pics/vids where he comes of as plasticky he's being displayed in the sunlight. 30cm said his body has a transparency, this may be whats causing this problem when the sunlight hits him- giving him a not-so "Last Dragon" kinda glow :lol Most of the cabinet shots of him don't seem to have the "plasticky" effect so hopefully he'll be different in hand, in cabinet :pray:

Ah,bruce has the power of the glow:lol.as I said before lighting is going to play a part in displaying this.yeah a glass cabinet should help.

Gotta agree with you there on pretty much everything really. In some of these pictures, the body does come off as plastic looking. I think it's the very smooth surface of the skin. Would've been nice if there was some slight texture to give it more of a grainy appearance. Cuts also should have been done better for such an expensive piece.

I still want this, but I do agree with you that out of the box the GoD looks a little better (well, more realistic anyway).

I generally prefer figures/statues that are clothed anyway. Gives a sense of realism that you don't get with sculpted pieces.

Yep, it is the tracksuit that is contributing the bulk of GOD's realism.
But things like the hair have been considered a little more carefully too.

I really wanted to like this. It's ETD after all.
With a longer gestation period, instead of getting this out hot on the heels of GOD, it perhaps could have been great.
But consequently it looks cheap and rushed and a mere shadow of the brilliant proto.

Still, those willing to customise this could potentially achieve something much more special.

Thanks to folks posting pics , not my pics. We are just not getting pics that has the wow factor . Am not blaming the picture takers also.
I just see a really cheap looking statue. These sloppy scars and sweat is enough to cheapen the best of statues out there.:slap
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

If my statue had arrived these pics is prob what I,d try to post with all kinds of lighting .:clap
Good job we gotten to see it now :lol. Thanks to bloggers

Really liking some of those pics, while the sweat globs may not be great I wonder if they'll really stand out as terrible from a normal viewing distance and not all these extreme closeups we're judging. Just keeping an open mind at this point.

the last pic looks the best as the lighting doesn't make shiny bruce:lol..but I think blitzway have overdone the sweat giving a smooth look.yes it can no doubt be sorted,and at a distance my look ok,but it still cheapens the look,and a rushed product.if EB can do a better sweat app for far cheaper(vinyl/plastic torso I know)also the face on this is darker than the torso.
then this is a letdown compared to GOD,even with a full torso as opposed to catsuit.perhaps the white shirt look would have been a simpler look.:dunno

Last edited:
The face and body are clearly being distinguished as different materials in some of these shots.
We already knew this but it is a distracting contrast.
The face matt and textured, compared to the smooth, high sheen of the body.

Interestingly, it is the extreme angles (upward shooting) that seem the most flattering.
The close up frontals are pretty off putting and are the ones where it feels most like a plastic toy.

joking aside I think the GOD is a better buy,the ETD has great potential,but it will take some work(and maybe money)to get it looking better.

Gotta agree there Chris, and I'm actually thinking of passing on this now, in favour of GoD. Still undecided though. Really wanted EtD instead. I think I might have to view this in person before committing to my order.

Mate if you get to see it in person I'd be interested in your candid thoughts. I won't have the same opportunity. It pretty much looks the same in most pictures so I don't expect any major revelation though.

Ironically, that 1/6 Jin Toy pic has better hair, texturing and paint than the 1/3 $1000 statue.

Mate if you get to see it in person I'd be interested in your candid thoughts. I won't have the same opportunity. It pretty much looks the same in most pictures so I don't expect any major revelation though.

Ironically, that 1/6 Jin Toy pic has better hair, texturing and paint than the 1/3 $1000 statue.

Yeah I'll definitely let you know man. I was prepared to blind buy it, but recent pics/vids have put me off a bit.

A matt spray would knock off any plastic looking sheen (if it has this in hand) and it also adds subtle texture by its nature.
Of course you'd have to re-do gloss sweat apps.

Back