Statue BLITZWAY- Enter the Dragon- Bruce Lee Tribute 1/3 scale Statue Ver. 2 spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that throwing money at something you do not like is crazy! Surely Blitzway or another company will release another collection piece of Bruce Lee better, so why rage into something they do not like or totally satisfied! It takes a little patience ....

Who's throwing money at something they don't like? Those who do not like this have already stated they are not buying it. Wanting to improve on something doesn't mean that people don't like this. Some like the piece, they just aren't entirely satisfied with it and want to improve it. Nothing wrong with that.

Blitzway will not do another EtD statue. It wouldn't make sense. If they do another one, it'll be from another movie. Personally, I'm not interested in a statue of Bruce from another movie. EtD is what I want.

Thanks mate. You seem a lot more positive about this piece now, which is good. I hope it does meet your expectations once you see some better images of it, and that you can tweak it to suit your liking. Perhaps see if there are any good customizers in your area that can help you with fixing this up. Not sure what state you're in, but there's a few guys on here that do custom work in Australia and are actually pretty good. INFECTDEAD(sp?) is a member on here and customizes statues. Can't remember what state he is from, but perhaps contact him and if he's near you, you could take your statue to him to customize. He has done some pretty nice work on his own stuff.

Yeah, well i'm more positive from the point of view that I've accepted if I pick this up it will require work to bring it up to a level I'm happy with.
So it's an acceptance if you like..
And I do think with the right work it could be exceptional. I've come to this conclusion by closely studying the available pics, creating my own Photoshop mockups to try and simulate the real world effect of paint mods and really just thinking through if there is potential there to move this piece back closer to the proto.

Thanks for the customiser heads up, always good to know :wink1:
I'm in Perth BTW.
But if I pick this up I'll do the work myself. That way I can control it exactly how I want, and if it all goes awry I only have myself to blame :)

I'm also encouraged by this capture from a YouTube vid I was looking at. If the skin tone is how it looks in this video then I don't think the piece will require a full repaint (which would be the most daunting mod). This colour should be perfectly fine as a base for superficial applications and detailing. Some of the recent pics under fluoro lighting really makes the skin tone look off (that grey/green/tan colour) so I'm hoping the vid is a more accurate reflection of the thing in hand.

Vid_zpsymvuwhsj.jpg

Who's throwing money at something they don't like? Those who do not like this have already stated they are not buying it. Wanting to improve on something doesn't mean that people don't like this. Some like the piece, they just aren't entirely satisfied with it and want to improve it. Nothing wrong with that.

Blitzway will not do another EtD statue. It wouldn't make sense. If they do another one, it'll be from another movie. Personally, I'm not interested in a statue of Bruce from another movie. EtD is what I want.

Exactly,
In addition, while there will no doubt be future ETD collectibles, it could well be unlikely any will be at 1/3 scale again.
Plus, the likeness is always an important consideration.
Of all the Bruce figures over the years that have missed the mark, this has the unmistakeable likeness (along with Arnie's smiling Bruce IMO).
Bruce's face is obviously difficult to capture just right so I wouldn't bank on another great likeness being something that is necessarily guaranteed or prolific in future releases. IMO.

cheers guys for the comments regarding the issues with statues from other company's.but as I have said I only collect bruce,and man iv'e own some right rubbish over the years:lol.it's not that this statue is bad,it's not.i just felt the the finish to the staue is poor,and yes you can improve it,as some guys have shown,but that's not the point.i think we agree that blitzway underestimated this and ended up giving us a ''cheaper'' version of the described item.but yeah you either make do out of the box,or upgrade so to speak.i really wanted my last BL collectibles to be the stunner I thought,so I think that has cheesed me off more with this.the likeness does help it a lot I agree so it could have been worse,even though arnie did all the previous BL sculpts prior to leaving EB,and apart from WOTD I think he pretty much got it right.
when all said and done I'm sure he will look ''good'' next to GOD,but if honest I think GOD is maybe a better statue.that's just my opinion though.
so it's just a case of waiting,check him out and if I'm wrong about it,i will pretty happy about that:)
came across these...MMmm
https://imageshack.com/a/img673/5410/P0xAlz.jpg
https://imageshack.com/a/img661/2525/AQH18a.jpg
https://imageshack.com/a/img901/724/clWVSg.jpg
that sweat is pretty bad.paint app looks kinda flat also..the debate will continue no doubt:lol

Last edited:
without putting a damper on that video,the tone/shading is being effected by the lighting.it goes from nice pink/red to yellow at the end.i think a pale skin tone with slight hints of pink/red is a better bet.

There is a point in the vid where it goes yellow because of overexposure when the camera gets too close but I thought as the camera pulled out again for the end it looked the same pinky colour as in the beginning. So hopefully that is the case.

But yeah some of the other pics you posted have a bad sweat app on the face. The flat streaks can be treated but it's the big raised globs that are a concern. Not sure they could be fixed and look a bit like someone threw salad dressing at it. But it will vary from each piece so it will be a case of pot luck there I think.

Another comp, for those interested...using another of 30cm's pics.
Changes: Hair, eyelashes, man sized nipples (these were correct on proto - not the baby nips on the production piece), cuts, sweat, and skin tone.
And I'm hoping this skin tone is fairly accurate to the statue..a bit paler than the Youtube vid but still pinky/red.

Test3_zps9a6ahcca.jpg

can I have that one please:lol.from a distance I suppose it wont be as noticeable,but you will know it's there..it's a pretty awful sweat app though,i think we are all in agreement with that.the big blobs may be an issue,depends how raised they are.if flat I suppose with the same colour paint,they could be blended in better.
I think the 1st pic in the link above shows the truer colour,tried upping it via my usual photobucket acc for all to view,but it's not working for me at the mo??

Yeah, well I hope it's not that yellow colour in the first pic but that is being washed out to some extent by fluro lighting.
Some of the very early pics - those unboxing ones - showed a pinky red skin tone too in some, so fingers crossed.
It seems to change in every photo so it can be very hard to gauge.
I find videos shot in non - direct, neutral light give a better indication of colour than still shots.
So hopefully we'll see some more vids crop up soon.

yeah,it's pretty hard to judge this one.personally I think it will be the GOD colour but with a hint of pinks as shown by 30cm..i don't think blitzway's gone all out on this one,so I'm not expecting a ''killer'' finish now.shame really,a few guys wont be picking this up now because of this.
I've been sitting here perusing my collection ''as you do'':lol and as you cant really compare the finish on this and GOD(apart from the arms) I thought this.
I have EB 1003 WOTD next to EB 1008 WOTD,so as a comparison the 1008 is the proto with the fine details/tones,and the 1003 is the finished version,basicly 1 tone and so much paler(the difference is so far apart) this maybe not the right way to judge this,but it's a way of comparing the differences from ''promotion piece'' to finished item.

Last edited:
No, not a killer finish.
I'm just hoping there is enough of a pink / red in the base flesh tone to avoid a full repaint.
If it looks close to the vid or some of the more pink pics it will be a decent foundation for other detailing.
If it is more of an overall pasty yellow then it will also affect my decision to pick this up because it will mean a lot of work.

I really shouldn't edit my posts,just do a new one.:slap
I DO want everyone who wanted this,then gets this to be happy with it.there's nothing worse than wanting something,then it turns out needing work to get it looking right.finger's crossed for all who PO'D and are waiting on this.
managed to get PB working on chrome.

well just got an email from Roberto @toy hero's...1st week in april stock arrives,getting close now:)

Last edited:
Two big dollops of glue on his left brow there :thud:

But in fairness, those are bad pics. The extreme depth of field is making it into a bobble head Bruce.
Fluro lighting is also washing out some of the skin tone.

Hopefully some of the expert shooters receiving this will provide more of a definitive photographic record of the piece.

oh I agree they are bad pics,but no doubting the blobs:horror,I hope they don't stick out or are too high over the skin to need sorting,i'll find out in about 5 weeks:tap
on a lighter note bruce has a kind of guest spot in the new avengers movie:lol

There is a point in the vid where it goes yellow because of overexposure when the camera gets too close but I thought as the camera pulled out again for the end it looked the same pinky colour as in the beginning. So hopefully that is the case.

But yeah some of the other pics you posted have a bad sweat app on the face. The flat streaks can be treated but it's the big raised globs that are a concern. Not sure they could be fixed and look a bit like someone threw salad dressing at it. But it will vary from each piece so it will be a case of pot luck there I think.

Another comp, for those interested...using another of 30cm's pics.
Changes: Hair, eyelashes, man sized nipples (these were correct on proto - not the baby nips on the production piece), cuts, sweat, and skin tone.
And I'm hoping this skin tone is fairly accurate to the statue..a bit paler than the Youtube vid but still pinky/red.

Test3_zps9a6ahcca.jpg

I will follow you Tyderium.
Thanks 

man the sweat apps in those pics look bad! looks like someone j!zzed on his forehead! I sure hope it's not that bad in person.

Tyderium, your Photoshopped pics are making me sad, lol.

Ha,
Mate it's mostly me thinking out loud and trying to determine what sort of potential is in this piece. Seeing what can be done to bridge the gap between proto and production.

I guess I've been posting my visuals along the way for the benefit of anyone else who may be thinking about doing extra work on their statue.

Today, Collected mine...

WP_20150306_15_50_09_Pro__highres_zps8lig3rct.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
WP_20150306_15_57_56_Pro__highres_zpsayflnapm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
WP_20150306_15_58_53_Pro__highres_zpsol94g4z8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
WP_20150306_15_58_07_Pro__highres_zpsquuca3vw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
WP_20150306_16_02_31_Pro__highres_zpshxfdbxby.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Picture taken using Nokia Lumia 1020.

congrats.your opinion on him,regarding the colour and tone on the torso,those sweat beads on his face still seem pretty bad that is still apparent on those pics:(.

Back