Statue BLITZWAY- Enter the Dragon- Bruce Lee Tribute 1/3 scale Statue Ver. 2 spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you getting the blitzway larry,or are you unsure like a few of the guys?
I'm pretty sure I'm not getting it now. If I paid a deposit, then I might go through with it, but I didn't, so it was pretty easy to cancel my pre order. I actually like it enough, but not for the asking price, with the way it differs to the proto. Sounds kinda silly, but even at $350, I might still be on the fence about it. I guess because Bruce Lee statues/figures seem to be keep on getting made. I'm guessing something better will get made at a later date.
Some peeps know how to display their collectibles. That looks cool.

I'm pretty sure I'm not getting it now. If I paid a deposit, then I might go through with it, but I didn't, so it was pretty easy to cancel my pre order. I actually like it enough, but not for the asking price, with the way it differs to the proto. Sounds kinda silly, but even at $350, I might still be on the fence about it. I guess because Bruce Lee statues/figures seem to be keep on getting made. I'm guessing something better will get made at a later date.

Yeah it's a shame. And actually it is a decent statue. But the problem comes in with Blitzway having showed a remarkable statue in their marketing that they have not really been able to replicate. You have that particular rendition of the statue burned in your mind for months and it is hard to un-see once the finished piece lands and looks quite different.

I have no pre-order for this but am still on the fence with picking it up. Mainly because I think there is a lot of potential to really elevate this piece into something more of a show stopper but for that to happen it requires fairly detailed work which would include detailing and embellishing the hair... along with the cuts and sweat and possibly a full torso repaint.

I agree that something better may eventually come along...you'd think at some point a great sculpt will meet with an equally great production process. But it may be a long way off and quite possibly not at this size either. So it's a tough one..

But the problem comes in with Blitzway having showed a remarkable statue in their marketing that they have not really been able to replicate. You have that particular rendition of the statue burned in your mind for months and it is hard to un-see once the finished piece lands and looks quite different.
Yeah. It's not even limited to this product either. Now I don't want anything less impressive as the proto shown, even for other Bruce Lee statues/figures :lol

1326688df96899b4044360281cb310e3.jpg

for flesh tone comparision.

From above

ETD

GOD

ME

Nice job 30.
Not a huge difference, in that shot at least.
Maybe a little more of a natural pink in the ETD.

That's very well pose display. dust proof too.:lol nice find Chris
oh Larry the Bruce group pics the owner has a Blitzway GOD I think I saw some pics displayed with the 1/6.

This is another cool display option , hope the owner no mind us using pics. Will go well for the two 1/3 statue . Think the poster in the back great idea to enhance .
View attachment 169874

This looks awesome. Properly displaying your pieces under correct lighting goes a long way to making them pop. I think correct display will be key to making this EtD piece look good.

is that the hard back version SAB?
I have the original standard version 1&2,waited for vol3 to be released.but never happened(dispute between steve kerridge and publisher)he revised the book including v3 and released it in hardback in 2013.
another great book is ''treasures of bruce lee'' from around the same time,great packaging and a great read also.

Yes, hardback version. Really like it as a different look at Bruce, more from a film makers perspective.
I got the Treasures book a while ago, a nice bit of fun, that one.

I'm pretty sure I'm not getting it now. If I paid a deposit, then I might go through with it, but I didn't, so it was pretty easy to cancel my pre order. I actually like it enough, but not for the asking price, with the way it differs to the proto. Sounds kinda silly, but even at $350, I might still be on the fence about it. I guess because Bruce Lee statues/figures seem to be keep on getting made. I'm guessing something better will get made at a later date..

Yeah I made a thread about that a while ago. Bruce is so popular that all you have to do is wait. Everything in every scale will eventually be made by someone....

yeah ....this is what I think.
The only time I look at any statue up close, 10cm from my face ....is in the first hour I take it out of the box.
Then it is up on top of large book shelf and generally viewed from across a room.

Yeah that is why if I got it, I wouldn't bother fixing up the sweat. My GOD sits up on a shelf from a distance and I think it looks fine there.

It's hard to tell if the prototype was fully painted or not. Without someone confirming how it was done, I won't comment on that, but I still think going a flesh coloured translucent resin for the body on the production piece was the way to go. They still painted it, they layered on translucent colours to get the overall effect.

I actually think more companies should do this. It gives a far more realistic look to skin IMO. It's also far easier for the factory to maintain consistency with this method. Had these been fully painted polystone like Sideshow pieces, I'd say we would've got something that looks pretty ugly. ]As with the battle scars, I'd say it's more about maintaining consistency from piece to piece rather than cutting corners.

I personally think there's not many Sideshow pieces that look realistic, even the prototypes. Their professional photography and Photoshop helps bring out the realism, but otherwise it still looks like I'm looking at a collectable most of the time, as opposed to a movie still.

Nuri, I don't want to debate with you about this, what you said may be correct but it doesn't change the end result to me, which is that this product looks like it has been made by putting the least amount of effort in IMO. If they wanted consistency with the cuts they could of just sculpted them then painted them, the decals look ridiculous IMO and as Chris said they are too far apart where the abs are. But that's just my opinion and I am not trying to convince you or anyone else here that this is the case, I just don't like what I see and I am leaning towards cancelling this now. If you like what you see then I am happy for you. :wink1:

Ah, ok, yeah I'm from over in Perth so am in the same boat as far as not being able to lay eyes on the thing before a purchase. :tap

I sense the frustration with the skin colour.
30cm's close up sweat apps shots where the skin is looking that grey/green tan colour are being lit with white light, whereas in the shots next to GOD there is not so much direct light (more ambient) and it appears more the orange/yellow colour - I'd say this is probably the truer colour in hand. It does look different to GOD when side by side in that pic. And actually, it may fall somewhere in between that orange and the grey/tan colour in-hand. Sort of sounds like it by 30cm's description. But people will see and describe different things. Again, to be 100% you need to see it in person for the most critical size up.

Yep you will never know the skin color, unless you see it in hand, however, you can get a good idea of how good the paint job is as far as applying different tones and shading to make this look realistic by looking at the pictures and videos. And what I am seeing so far is that there isn't much shading or different tones to the skin, which explains why Bruce Lo repainted the entire torso.

1326688df96899b4044360281cb310e3.jpg

for flesh tone comparision.

From above

ETD

GOD

ME

That looks like the same lighting you used for your other pics, nevertheless, the skin tone color looks pretty much a pale greyish skin tone but I do see more of a flesh tone than I do the GOD.

agree desisandy.we know now pretty much what is getting released,better than 1st thought after the early pics,but not the ''mini bruce'' or as blitzway stated ''You will feel like you are face to face with a scaled facsimile of the real man''.had blitzway stated images done under professional conditions and will differ in released versions,then the negativity/disappointment may have been avoided.i do like the head sculpt,but looking again at the proto,it does look toyish compared to that.
but hopefully in 4/5 weeks I can judge better.it will compliment the GOD nicely,so it's not all bad..GOD overkill or what in that pic :lol and bigger than my collection:wink1:

Well the GOD also looked toyish compared to the proto to, but I see your point this looks even more toyish. When you compare this to the proto, the eyes look a bit too big, which is probably why some people say it is like a cartoon version of Bruce.

Proto

BruceleeVer2_BLITZWAY_11_zps7f52a753.jpg

Product

a6b20c35280cf1a6d0018e85cf95ab8c.jpg

Still great likeness though.

Nice job 30.
Not a huge difference, in that shot at least.
Maybe a little more of a natural pink in the ETD.

Yeah not much more, but that is still poor lighting as even 30 cm's hand looks pale and grey.

Last edited:
I've been using some collectors pics and making Photoshop mods to represent potential paint upgrades, primarily to determine for myself if this is worth getting. I hope 30cm doesn't mind but I've used his pic here to create a comparison since it is a shot that shows off the great likeness and 30's nice mods to the cuts.

This obviously involves a torso repaint to achieve a more flush red flesh tone...if it is indeed primarily the greyish colour like GOD.
Sweat apps using a clear gloss and then other shades for subtle streaking down the chest and arms.
Painting finer hair strands onto the head under and in addition to the sculpted hair.
Realistic sized nipples.
And, something I think makes a big difference, darker shading above the eyes in the form of shadow and eyelashes.
There is not really anything like this around the eyes on the production piece.
The dark eyelash paint/shading sets the eyes, creating depth and realism and looks more like Bruce IMO.

So it's a lot of work, but done carefully could really make this a different beast.

Obviously this is not addressing the principle of needing to do work on a US $700 statue, it's merely thinking out loud for someone like me who is sitting on the fence.

Part of my thinking is also being influenced by how likely it is there will be another 1/3 scale ETD in the future by another manufacturer... and if it will indeed surpass this.

Test1_zpsk7rahuve.jpg

amazing what a little skin tone and strands of additional hair make,even adding tone to the face adds a lot more realism.
it is a real shame that to get a look representing the pic on the right you have to do the process yourself,after spending a lot of money just to buy this.
had I the skill,i would get rid of the abs/shoulder cuts and repaint them both correctly.i know I'm being fussy,but as a long time bruce fan I just know the cuts are wrong,and it would bug the hell out of me.
regarding future BL statues/figures.EB hold the 1/6 1/4 rights,so don't hold your breath.blitzway may well do another 1/3 statue,but to be honest I'm done,if a great 1.1 bust was made I'd be tempted.
on a side note the HD1002 was also done by arnie,that has better placed cuts....what happened to blitzways then??

Last edited:
I've been using some collectors pics and making Photoshop mods to represent potential paint upgrades, primarily to determine for myself if this is worth getting. I hope 30cm doesn't mind but I've used his pic here to create a comparison since it is a shot that shows off the great likeness and 30's nice mods to the cuts.

This obviously involves a torso repaint to achieve a more flush red flesh tone...if it is indeed primarily the greyish colour like GOD.
Sweat apps using a clear gloss and then other shades for subtle streaking down the chest and arms.
Painting finer hair strands onto the head under and in addition to the sculpted hair.
Realistic sized nipples.
And, something I think makes a big difference, darker shading above the eyes in the form of shadow and eyelashes.
There is not really anything like this around the eyes on the production piece.
The dark eyelash paint/shading sets the eyes, creating depth and realism and looks more like Bruce IMO.

So it's a lot of work, but done carefully could really make this a different beast.

Obviously this is not addressing the principle of needing to do work on a US $700 statue, it's merely thinking out loud for someone like me who is sitting on the fence.

Part of my thinking is also being influenced by how likely it is there will be another 1/3 scale ETD in the future by another manufacturer... and if it will indeed surpass this.

Test1_zpsk7rahuve.jpg

That flesh tone looks more accurate, great photoshop mate and I agree with all the points you mentioned! :clap

amazing what a little skin tone and strands of additional hair make,even adding tone to the face adds a lot more realism.
it is a real shame that to get a look representing the pic on the right you have to do the process yourself,after spending a lot of money just to buy this.
had I the skill,i would get rid of the abs/shoulder cuts and repaint them both correctly.i know I'm being fussy,but as a long time bruce fan I just know the cuts are wrong,and it would bug the hell out of me.
regarding future BL statues/figures.EB hold the 1/6 1/4 rights,so don't hold your breath.blitzway may well do another 1/3 statue,but to be honest I'm done,if a great 1.1 bust was made I'd be tempted.
on a side note the HD1002 was also done by arnie,that has better placed cuts....what happened to blitzways then??

I think you know Chris, IMO they just put on decals anywhere because it was the easiest option to do. They were not concern with accuracy, only what was the easiest method they can do to achieve the ETD look of battle scars. I think it is obvious that a lot more work went into the HD1002 and although the painted scratches might vary from statue to statue, they basically have the same look and are really well done. Whereas Blitzways ones are identical on every statue but all look horrible, so it doesn't matter that they put decals on there for consistency, because it makes no sense to have identical horrible looking scars on every statue.

Last edited:
fair point steve,gives it consistency,but yeah easy way of doing it.it's not a big thing to others I guess,but at this price give me some accuracy please.it's not like han's blades were adjustable:lol.I'm picky but I'm allowed I think.i do think the photoshopped pic does make it look way better,but it's an awful lot of work to do.
as you and SAB have said,where you display these wont show any imperfections,whereas mine are in front about 2 mtrs away so maybe that's my reasoning:dunno.
at least we all agree that this has not turned out as expected....that's one thing.

fair point steve,gives it consistency,but yeah easy way of doing it.it's not a big thing to others I guess,but at this price give me some accuracy please.it's not like han's blades were adjustable:lol.I'm picky but I'm allowed I think.i do think the photoshopped pic does make it look way better,but it's an awful lot of work to do.
as you and SAB have said,where you display these wont show any imperfections,whereas mine are in front about 2 mtrs away so maybe that's my reasoning:dunno.

No even those imperfections would bother me on such a large statue, I was just hoping things like those globs of sweat wouldn't be as noticeable from a distance, since that color is clear.

at least we all agree that this has not turned out as expected....that's one thing.

That's for sure, I mean I wasn't expecting perfection because I know Blitzway's factory paint jobs are only ok like the GOD and for $700, a company is not going to make it the best it can for a 1/3 scale statue. However, I was not expecting it to differ so much from the proto, the lack of striation and vascularity, the placement of battle scars and using poorly designed battle scar decals! :horror

Last edited:
I'm thinking that when he arrives,if it is indeed too bad,i may have a word with my sis-in-law,i've no doubt she could replicate the photoshopped pic,but honestly why should we have to.the cuts maybe an issue if they are above the rest of the torso(unless you sanded them down) but that's even more work. and like I've said shoulder cuts are also positioned wrong,i've checked and double checked.i have no doubt that 30cm and bruce lo will have better looking statues than a straight out of the box one....which is kind of annoying:mad:
perfection not in this game:wink1: but not as big a gap between the two (advertised(wont say proto:lol) and final version.

I'm thinking that when he arrives,if it is indeed too bad,i may have a word with my sis-in-law,i've no doubt she could replicate the photoshopped pic,but honestly why should we have to.the cuts maybe an issue if they are above the rest of the torso(unless you sanded them down) but that's even more work.

TBH if it was me and it is that bad and the cuts bothered me so much I would just sell it and not worry about "fixing" it up, since you are right sanding the torso down is a lot of work. If cuts were the only thing that bothered me about this statue I could probably live with it but the cuts are the least things that bother me about the statue, even though they look horrible and not realistic, everything else just looks worse, like the sweat and the color and paint job of the torso.

and like I've said shoulder cuts are also positioned wrong,i've checked and double checked.i have no doubt that 30cm and bruce lo will have better looking statues than a straight out of the box one....which is kind of annoying:mad:
perfection not in this game:wink1: but not as big a gap between the two (advertised(wont say proto:lol) and final version.

Yeah it is annoying but we know now it is expected.

Last edited:
sell brucey:horror.No I hear what you say,maybe do a running effect on the blood as 30cm has done,that will hide the gaps.the rest will have to be looked at when I get him.if the decals could be lifted/moved without damaging the paint,that would make it easier...time will tell no doubt.but I don't think I'm being over critical with this.

sell brucey:horror.No I hear what you say,maybe do a running effect on the blood as 30cm has done,that will hide the gaps.the rest will have to be looked at when I get him.if the decals could be lifted/moved without damaging the paint,that would make it easier.time will tell no doubt.

No I am just saying if it bothered you that much, like if you thought no matter what you did you would not be happy then it would be better to sell it. Anyway that was not advise, but if something bothered me that much that I had to get areas sanded down, I think I would just sell it but that is just me. So that was more of an opinion was all.

I know buddy just kidding:lol.and opinions are helpful sometimes.it's just that (to me) this seems like such an easy detail to do,and it's frustrating that blitzway seemed to have taken a ''let's slap them on route'',the ''original'' pics were much better,and they actually look painted.
so why not continue that way..anyway he will be a keeper flaws and all:lol he never cost me full price.

I know buddy just kidding:lol.and opinions are helpful sometimes.it's just that (to me) this seems like such an easy detail to do,and it's frustrating that blitzway seemed to have taken a ''let's slap them on route'',the ''original'' pics were much better,and they actually look painted.
so why not continue that way..anyway he will be a keeper flaws and all:lol he never cost me full price.

They probably were.

Back