Statue BLITZWAY- Enter the Dragon- Bruce Lee Tribute 1/3 scale Statue Ver. 2 spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fair point on the paint.i have a custom mirrored case waiting(hopefully get him in a week or so)yeah dust seems to appear from nowhere in my house,and at these prices they need to be looked after.
interesting you prefer(if I can say that) GOD.but I agree this would have been an absolute stunner if say blitzway released this a few months later,and put more attention to detail.

fair point on the paint.i have a custom mirrored case waiting(hopefully get him in a week or so)yeah dust seems to appear from nowhere in my house,and at these prices they need to be looked after.
interesting you prefer(if I can say that) GOD.but I agree this would have been an absolute stunner if say blitzway released this a few months later.

kindly post some pictures when you get that mirrored case

I've had the case about 4 months now:lol just waiting for bloody bruce to come now.i'll take a pic of him in the case when he gets here,but I want to work out what I can do regarding the issues I have with the finish on him,so I can take pics of him done in his case..

I am a fan sir as you guessed correctly again, and originally I wanted 3 GODs :) so that I could also display the nunchucks under the arm pit as well but that was too much and besides running out of room to :( , as for the reference, each is different, as I told one of my friends who like GOD better, I said it's hard cause GOD's paint is much better and he's not topless in it, but in paint department I have to go with GOD, Blitzway took their sweet ass time in making that thing and so they should have done with this one.

I honestly can't believe that the paint job on the GOD is better than the paint job on this. Yes I have said this statue has pretty much a plane paint job but the GOD paint job is about as plane as you can get as there are no different hues at all like there on this statue, albeit subtle ones. I think the GOD statue has more freckles on the face but it is pretty much one color as there is no blush, which this statue apparently has. So I am curious as to why you think the paint job on the GOD statue is better? Is it because it isn't as sloppy?

I may still end up picking this up.

Well if you do mate, I hope you end up being pleasantly surprised.
The latest pics are keeping me warm on it. This shot by nomad74, IMO, the likeness looks perfect... a fluke with the angle and perhaps the way the shadow is on the other side of the face. It's only a phone camera pic but it just looks exactly like Bruce in this one.

View attachment 176694

I'm still seriously thinking about it because I know, poor execution withstanding on certain aspects, I will probably regret not picking it up once it is gone and it is so iconic. I just hope if I pick it up I open the box and think, yep, this was definitely worth it, and not have that sinking feeling of buyers remorse. It's not like it is $350 or something.

you still getting this tyderium?can't see you displaying as stock.

I hope so mate. The cost is a big factor for me just at the moment.
But you're right, I wouldn't keep it stock.
I'd do as much as I could, as precise as I could, to transition the piece into being a museum quality representation of ETD.

I find that ''do I don't I'' really hard with certain things:( as you said this may well be the only 1/3 ETD released so as a rather long time follower of the great man,it's a must have.had this been say $500 then I would forgive the niggles,as you say the likeness is great,and it will look awesome on display.it's just that:dunno it's not screaming''brilliant''at me,just very ''nice''. I felt more upbeat about GOD than this,i think if you do get this I've a feeling you'll put some ''feeling'' into the finish when you redo some aspects of this.if I can get the correct colour and ''hopefully'' gaps nearer to where they should be,then I think the ''buzz'' will come back. it's NOT that it's a bad statue,it certainly isn't,it's the finer details for me.

Yeah, my concerns have really been more with aspects like the head sculpt, skin colour, feet position...that sort of stuff. But some of those things have been shown in a more positive light to me with later pics. I've always known I can improve upon the cuts and sweat etc. so those things have never really been deal breakers for me and I've tried to look past it. I think if some super detailing is done it will possibly be non surpassed in the future as an ETD piece, simply because a very good base statue, with an outstanding likeness has been customised and therefore transformed into one of a kind. It's the way I look at it. My aim would be to make it as realistic and accurate as possible.

at least that way you'd have a 1/3 statue with movable head:lol. I suppose blitzway tried something different and had it been done better(paint wise) then I don't think it would stand out as it does..with respect to blitzway,some filler and paint blend wouldn't have taken that much skill to their ''professional'' paint/finishing guys.
''PROTO'' enough said:wink1:.perhaps her head/neck will be done similar to GOD and hid under her dress....hope there's no seam on her t**s.:horror
Only a worry if peeps want to display topless :lol
I am a fan sir as you guessed correctly again, and originally I wanted 3 GODs :) so that I could also display the nunchucks under the arm pit as well but that was too much and besides running out of room to :( , as for the reference, each is different, as I told one of my friends who like GOD better, I said it's hard cause GOD's paint is much better and he's not topless in it, but in paint department I have to go with GOD, Blitzway took their sweet ass time in making that thing and so they should have done with this one.
Nice pic Allen :hi5:saw on FB . :lol Yer after seeing this longer now. GOD,s edging ahead over this ETD For me too.You just see the lovely details and little things were not missed on the GOD. Magnetize nunchaku swap out hands , the hair detail, and more or less each angle is nice to look at. The ETD from left side goofy looking pose some say :lol but both are nice I like the ETD statue too . Just the first BRUCE 1/3 just beats this .i feel this anyway..
When you have the two , it make you think why Blitzway didn,t take time to get ETD sweat and scars right. Instead of the sloppy job they did.

fair play my friend,nice honest opinion:clap.i too have no doubt i'll like this ETD statue,but I wanted a:woo feeling with this but it's more:banghead at blitzway.

Only a worry if peeps want to display topless :lol

Nice pic Allen :hi5:saw on FB . :lol Yer after seeing this longer now. GOD,s edging ahead over this ETD For me too.You just see the lovely details and little things were not missed on the GOD. Magnetize nunchaku swap out hands , the hair detail, and more or less each angle is nice to look at. The ETD from left side goofy looking pose some say :lol but both are nice I like the ETD statue too . Just the first BRUCE 1/3 just beats this .i feel this anyway..
When you have the two , it make you think why Blitzway didn,t take time to get ETD sweat and scars right. Instead of the sloppy job they did.

Thanks my friend, like I said once, timing was the key for GOD, as I remember it was announced July/August 2013 and released Feb 14 after 3 delay notes, while EDT was announced Oct 2014 and here it is, they could definitely delayed the release of this one as well to make sure everything is correct but it is what it is I'm afraid.

I've had the case about 4 months now:lol just waiting for bloody bruce to come now.i'll take a pic of him in the case when he gets here,but I want to work out what I can do regarding the issues I have with the finish on him,so I can take pics of him done in his case..

Sweet brother I'll be eagerly waiting for your final result.

Here is another one with all 3 sizes of Master Kim from 1/6th to 1/3rd

11015111_612438378857709_7371624901697981392_n.jpg

really cool display seeing all 3 versions.....I wont mention the c...:lol a couple of quick pics of the ''waiting'' case..don't expect your or xplOsive quality...I suck.....really suck:rotfl

really cool display seeing all 3 versions.....I wont mention the c...:lol a couple of quick pics of the ''waiting'' case..don't expect your or xplOsive quality...I suck.....really suck:rotfl

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

I suck as well in pictures so don't feel bad brother.

Well if you do mate, I hope you end up being pleasantly surprised.
The latest pics are keeping me warm on it. This shot by nomad74, IMO, the likeness looks perfect... a fluke with the angle and perhaps the way the shadow is on the other side of the face. It's only a phone camera pic but it just looks exactly like Bruce in this one.

View attachment 176694

I'm still seriously thinking about it because I know, poor execution withstanding on certain aspects, I will probably regret not picking it up once it is gone and it is so iconic. I just hope if I pick it up I open the box and think, yep, this was definitely worth it, and not have that sinking feeling of buyers remorse. It's not like it is $350 or something.

You are absolutely right my friend :clap it was a fluke shot :goodpost: :hi5::rotfl , I was lying in my bed starring at this thing and I said to myself, this is a great angle let me try it with my phone camera.

holy crap the box is huge, its like 2 1/4 pf boxes! don't try to open him up in a smaller size room, he's packed like a Russian doll- a box within a box within a box + content, you will have no place to even turn around lol.

First impressions, wow. I was not ready for the size of his head. He really does have an awesome presence and great likeness. His pants are super puffable, and I think I can confirm the lean is an optical illusion based on viewing angle- its from his rear leg being bent, causing his left thigh to look slanted forward while his right thigh is also slanted forward. If you're looking at him straight on he should appear vertical and his nips and shoulders should be level.

Thoughts on the cuts: Not nearly as noticeably bad as all the closeup pics and whatnot. I was surprised at how the ab cuts don't seem as spread out... maybe cuz I'm not looking at closeup pics on a 55" monitor :lol They're still off yeah, just its not what you notice when you look at him

Thoughts on the sweat: worse than I thought. What's bad is that it catches the light too well, it attracts attention and its not done well for you to want it to attract attention. He has six oval shaped globs down his arm. He also has the same spots I've noticed in photographs... odd, how did they apply it that accurately bad on every statue? To tell the truth, I've almost got no qualms trying to fix them myself because it would be difficult for them to look worse.

Overall: Very happy with it even with the problem areas. I may not bother posting pics, they wouldn't look as good as most. I think he'll look better eye level or on a higher shelf. I'm excited to start working on the mirrors soon!

and overall height if anybody was still wondering is almost exactly 27 3/4 inches.

WOo.. the ETD display box is cool... can't wait to see the outcome BL enter into it...

CAn the next 1/3 be the 1/4 blown up to a larger scale? :D

Hopefully not :D They should do another movie, Big Boss or Fist Of Fury, however we'll see what Master Kim will be planning all I know he was not happy with the final result, but I would definitely love to see a Big Boss release from him.

Back